[Champion Concept] Nerissa, Oracle of the Crystals

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fungusfingers

11-07-2012

Nerissa, Oracle of the Crystals

Tags: Support, Ranged

Passive- Floating Crystals: Nerissa crystals float around her 1(Level 1)/2 (Level 6)/ 3(Level 11), giving her extra health and mana regen (2/4/6) for each floating crystal.

Q- Oracle’s Sight (Costs 70/85/100/115/130 Mana) (Range 1100)(Cooldown 8/7.5/7/6.5/6s): Nerissa fires a beam of light from her staff dealing 60/105/150/195/240 + (50% AP) magic damage to enemies in a line. Damage is reduced for each target hit by 12% for each consecutive target (up to a maximum of 60%). If Oracle’s Sight hits a crystal, the beam takes on the characteristics of that crystal. Oracle’s Sight briefly reveals vision when travelling.

W- Command Crystal(Costs 60 Mana) (Range 825) (Cooldown 5s): Nerissa influences a crystal floating around her, changing its color and placing it on the battlefield, consuming one charge of Floating Crystals. (Much like Twisted Fate’s Pick A Card ability). If Oracle’s Sight hits a crystal, the beam’s aspects will change. Only one color may be on the battlefield at one time. To clarify you will first select the crystal’s color (diamond, ruby, or sapphire) then place the crystal (like Orianna’s ball).

Diamond Crystal: Places a large diamond crystal at target location for 15 seconds, granting ward vision for its duration. If Oracle’s Sight hits the crystal the crystal will become empowered, lasting for 20/25/30/35/40 seconds longer, and grants vision of invisible champions.

Ruby Crystal: Places a large ruby crystal at target location for 8 seconds, applying a damage buff (4/5/6/7/8%) to allies within a range of 450. If the ruby crystal is hit by Oracle’s Sight the crystal detonates dealing 55/95/155/200/250 + (55% AP) to enemies in a 350 range radius. Gives vision for its duration.

Sapphire Crystal: Places a large sapphire crystal at target location for 6 seconds, slowing enemies by 10/15/20/25/30% and giving allies 10/15/20/25/30 Armor and Magic Resist. If the sapphire crystal is hit by Oracle’s Sight the crystal projects an impenetrable wall of energy, perpendicular to the caster, for 3/3.5/4/4.5/5 additional seconds. The status effects are lost if the energy wall is triggered. Gives vision for its duration.

E- Oracle's Cry(Costs 40/50/60/70/80 mana)(Cooldown 9.5 seconds)(Range 300): Nerissa cries out from her visions, healing allies and damaging enemies, in 300 range around her. Allies are healed for 30/45/60/75/90 (+ 10% AP) over 3 seconds, while enemies take 60/85/110/135/160 (+30% AP) magic damage over 3 seconds. If Oracle’s Cry is in range of a crystal, the crystal resonates with the sound of the cry, duplicating its effects. If the target is already affected by Oracle’s Cry, the crystals will only do 50% of its normal effect.

R-Prismatic Crystal(Costs 150/250/400 mana)(Cooldown 160/120/100 seconds)(Range 1100): Nerissa bonds her crystals together, forming a giant crystal, which she then slams into the ground, slowing all enemies by 60%in a 800 range radius for 3 seconds, and remainins for 4 seconds before disappearing

If hit by Oracle’s Sight the crystal refracts the beam, shooting 3/4/5 identical beams an additional 1100 range away from the crystal, in an arc toward Nerissa.

There she is, be sure to leave your comments!

Fungusfingers

11-07-2012

Reserved for potential lore.

Arblis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

OH GOD she would need so much testing, but I love the mix between combo mage and support- that would rock my socks off.

But now for the critique:

Ultimate
- A character with a flexible combo system really shouldn't have straight-up hard targeted-area CC like her ultimate does (nor should a support, I'm lookin at you, Sona).I'd consider putting her crystal-planting mechanic in R's place, getting 1 max crystal per rank. Since Q grants sight at range already, losing out on the wardlike crystals for the first five levels wouldn't be too awful.
- Or heck, Oracle's Cry could take up the ultimate slot with a little extra pizazz- if it triggered from all crystals and herself at once (with each crystal doing something slightly different), that'd be neat too.
- If you want to keep the ultimate for its rebounding-laser-prism mechanic, it'd probably need to lose its stun and possibly terrain. Could maybe get a trundle-pillar-strength slow for it though!

Are the crystals destroyable in one way or another?

I know there's more I could probably go into, but the ultimate's a good place to start.

HeadinPants

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arblis View Post
OH GOD she would need so much testing, but I love the mix between combo mage and support- that would rock my socks off.

But now for the critique:

Ultimate
- A character with a flexible combo system really shouldn't have straight-up hard targeted-area CC like her ultimate does (nor should a support, I'm lookin at you, Sona).I'd consider putting her crystal-planting mechanic in R's place, getting 1 max crystal per rank. Since Q grants sight at range already, losing out on the wardlike crystals for the first five levels wouldn't be too awful.
- Or heck, Oracle's Cry could take up the ultimate slot with a little extra pizazz- if it triggered from all crystals and herself at once (with each crystal doing something slightly different), that'd be neat too.
- If you want to keep the ultimate for its rebounding-laser-prism mechanic, it'd probably need to lose its stun and possibly terrain. Could maybe get a trundle-pillar-strength slow for it though!

Are the crystals destroyable in one way or another?

I know there's more I could probably go into, but the ultimate's a good place to start.
As said above, I love what you've done here, but the ult needs to be looked at in my opinion as well. I've been hoping someone would come up with a true vision trick champion, besides sight on things like kog'maw's ultimate.

acr4zydud3

11-08-2012

agreed that the ult needs to lose stun especially if she is as support/combo heavy as she is. the ult is an awesome idea that would be great for the combo with her q. i think a slow with her giant crystal would be okay but no terrain and no stun....to much cc and dmg output with her combos. but i love the idea! gj!

Fungusfingers

11-09-2012

Stun is removed. Added in a 60% slow for 3 seconds. Also crystals are no longer impassible terrain.

Fungusfingers

11-10-2012

bump

Fungusfingers

11-14-2012

bump