Fiora Bug Nerfs Her "W" Riposte Ability

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pizza Poker Guy

11-08-2012

I was playing Fiora against a teemo and riposte his basic attack which blocked his attack, but it still applied his poison. This is most definitely an error as if the attack is blocked the poison shouldn't be applied it is an unofficial nerf to her intended ability. This is the first instance ive noticed of this happening, but ill look to see if any other champions have aa similar effect and update it.

RiotFpMcgee

Associate QA Strategist

Follow RiotFpMcgee on Twitter

11-08-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

This is intended functionality. Riposte parrys and ripostes the attack damage, but any additional effects of the attack (stuns, poison, red buff etc) will still impact your champion.

Reiver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotFpMcgee View Post
This is intended functionality. Riposte parrys and ripostes the attack damage, but any additional effects of the attack (stuns, poison, red buff etc) will still impact your champion.
Which is still just as stupid, annoying, and counter-intuitive as it has been since pantheon was released with his Aegis block.

Pizza Poker Guy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Active: Fiora parries the next basic attack within 1.5 seconds

Toxic Shot - Each of Teemo's attacks will poison the target, dealing damage on impact and each second after for 4 seconds.
Teemo's basic attacks poison their target...

You block the basic attack, but the poison which you blocked on the dart still hits you?
That doesn't make a whole of a lot of sense. I would suggest this might be looked into and reexamined. However, thank you for commenting back upon this.

Circuit Bear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Sorry, but what? Fiora is already an underwhelming champion who is not really a viable pick in 9 out of 10 games, who suffers from a lack of defense and sustain that makes tryn and yi look awesome, and we are fixing a bug... nerfing her.. making her even weaker?

How does this make sense at all? That was basically her only escape skill. I use it half the time to prevent frozen mallet procs. I'm sorry but if you are going to nerf her, then just buff her to compensate because she is already a weaker champion to use.

swan2swan

11-08-2012

Quote:
Isn't this a bit silly? I mean, I know logic in the game means finding an explanation for how Leona turns herself into particles of sunlight and rushes to a target (which I have actually done) and how the sun being on a target causes there to be more damage (...a little more difficult), and apparently Elise can latch her webs onto the sun itself to rappel out of its reach, but...it just doesn't seem logical for Fiora to deflect Gangplank's shot but still get slowed because the grog-soaked bullet hit her sword.

And I don't think that it would be that hideous of a buff if it did ignore on-hit effects; being able to stop Leona's stun with a well-timed riposte would be a magnificent skill to learn.

I'm not saying that she should stun Leona right back (though that would be awesome), but she should at least negate the ability.

Pizza Poker Guy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEpistle View Post
Sorry, but what? Fiora is already an underwhelming champion who is not really a viable pick in 9 out of 10 games, who suffers from a lack of defense and sustain that makes tryn and yi look awesome, and we are fixing a bug... nerfing her.. making her even weaker?

How does this make sense at all? That was basically her only escape skill. I use it half the time to prevent frozen mallet procs. I'm sorry but if you are going to nerf her, then just buff her to compensate because she is already a weaker champion to use.
I feel you on that escape ability. She is a strong champion against some but should never be picked before you know who your going against. A counter pick against champions is how she is played best. Also, if we apply the same logic that it just blocks the attack and not the effect then to my knowledge Jax's "Counter-Strike" should be under the same rules and have redbuff, poison etc. aplied to him when he is targeted by those dodged basic attacks.

Pizza Poker Guy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swan2swan View Post
Isn't this a bit silly? I mean, I know logic in the game means finding an explanation for how Leona turns herself into particles of sunlight and rushes to a target (which I have actually done) and how the sun being on a target causes there to be more damage (...a little more difficult), and apparently Elise can latch her webs onto the sun itself to rappel out of its reach, but...it just doesn't seem logical for Fiora to deflect Gangplank's shot but still get slowed because the grog-soaked bullet hit her sword.

And I don't think that it would be that hideous of a buff if it did ignore on-hit effects; being able to stop Leona's stun with a well-timed riposte would be a magnificent skill to learn.

I'm not saying that she should stun Leona right back (though that would be awesome), but she should at least negate the ability.
I agree with you 100%. I don't think this would be game changing, but for a melee character it would be a slight buff and give her more survivability. How something can apply a "on hit effect" that doesn't hit you is beyond me. Also, it only blocks a single basic attack not like it lasts that whole 1.5secs **cough "Jax" cough**

The Fizznity

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Poker Guy View Post
I was playing Fiora against a teemo and riposte his basic attack which blocked his attack, but it still applied his poison. This is most definitely an error as if the attack is blocked the poison shouldn't be applied it is an unofficial nerf to her intended ability. This is the first instance ive noticed of this happening, but ill look to see if any other champions have aa similar effect and update it.
It's not that it's a bug nerfing her ability, it's that it always worked this way and Riposte kinda sucks in some ways :x

Pizza Poker Guy

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
It's not that it's a bug nerfing her ability, it's that it always worked this way and Riposte kinda sucks in some ways :x
I agree but also I don't believe this is how it was intended even if the Riot forum gentlemen says it was. I believe this was an oversight that needs to be changed. I don't think she needs a buff or a nerf, but just a small fix.