What I see as some core problems in Dom and some solutions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeefJerkyHunter

11-08-2012

What about having Four capture points on the lanes and moving the fifth to the center of the map?

David12596

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerkyHunter View Post
What about having Four capture points on the lanes and moving the fifth to the center of the map?
you mean how it is now, just move the mid points a bit higher to match bot and put top where the stormshield is?

BeefJerkyHunter

11-08-2012

Yes.

David12596

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerkyHunter View Post
Yes.
I was thinking about that earlier, but i am not 100% sure if I like it. There would be a huge gap between bot and top points, which I am not sure if I would enjoy that.

BeefJerkyHunter

11-08-2012

It couldn't be any longer than the bottom lane anyway.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

I think modifications to the quest system would solve the bot lane problem issue you mention as well. (though in my experience going bot lane can be very action filled, it depends on the people in the game and the specific champions).

The fix would be that A) the quests will ONLY ever spawn on the bot points. and B) they have specific times ie 5 min, 10 min, 15 min that they pop. This will encourage a variety of play as there are a lot of different options, much like the baron spawning in SR. You can push for it, you can counter push while they are taking it, or you can try and defend it. This would bring a lot of focus onto bot lane during certain points in the game and would liven things up a bit.

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Also, i do not agree with adjusting the layout of the map. i think many of the issues can be corrected through other things, and changing the map would be a very drastic, last resort in my opinion.

David12596

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamm3rhand View Post
I think modifications to the quest system would solve the bot lane problem issue you mention as well. (though in my experience going bot lane can be very action filled, it depends on the people in the game and the specific champions).

The fix would be that A) the quests will ONLY ever spawn on the bot points. and B) they have specific times ie 5 min, 10 min, 15 min that they pop. This will encourage a variety of play as there are a lot of different options, much like the baron spawning in SR. You can push for it, you can counter push while they are taking it, or you can try and defend it. This would bring a lot of focus onto bot lane during certain points in the game and would liven things up a bit.
My biggest problem with having the quest only spawn at bot lane is to easy to expect it, which I kinda like the random nature of the quest system as it is now. Though you are right, it would add more attention to bot lane.

WaterD103

11-08-2012

I did a huge thread about all the concerns you bring up, i mostly agree, one of the exceptions is that revive is good to have in the map, no, it should be eliminated in all ways shape , forms or thoughts.

Ahlen

11-08-2012

The other thing about bot lane, is that it's the linchpin of the entire game.

If you can win bot lane, you force their team to react and come bot weakening them and preventing them from ever having equal numbers at top.