Whether you think he's OP or not, Darius does need to be changed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fururika

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormEagle5000 View Post
Cho'Gaths ulti is pretty much the same thing. He is fine
Chogath has to build AP to do damage, Darius just needs to build tanky, rely on his passive armor pen to use his abiltiies base damage.

So he can easily dish out enough damage to kill an ad carry.

Kr1sys

11-08-2012

Quote:
Yeah, except the refresh on kill and the ratio part. Try again

Tofubots

11-08-2012

Quote:
No CD refresh on a kill meaning Cho doesn't need to intentionally save his feast to get the last hit in a temfight.

Darius on the other hand is encouraged to do this which leads most players to wait for their team to deal more damage and then Press R on low targets for the kill. It is really a champion that I feel people play for multikills rather than anything else.

I also find it broken that his damage output is close to on par with melee ad carries yet he has bruiser defense.

Ep1cLeprechaun

11-08-2012

Darius has a garbage ratio on his ult, the damage comes from stacks of his passive. If you QSS before you ults, you literally cut his damage in half. Assuming the OP is correct, and 40% of his damage is from his ult, that means 1 item takes off 20% of his total output.

Also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurecat View Post
someone call the WAAAAAAHMBULANCE, its another Darius thread.

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
Darius is a poorly designed champ and he should see some changes.
Actually its the opposite. He is a perfectly designed champ to counter the top lane bruiser meta.

Darius is soo easily countered its not funny and yet people complain because he his early game beats bruisers...

Dark Sativa

11-08-2012

Ermagerd, 49% win rate OP

Critmaster Garen

11-08-2012

people need to learn to read. he didnt say, darius is op. he said, putting nearly his entire power into his ult is a bad design concept and i agree.

they need to give him the kata treatment and switch power from his ult to his base kit. she had a similar problem, that nearly her entire power was in her ult, so when enemies prevented her from using it, she barely had anything left to show for herself.

turning his ad scaling part on the ult into physical damage instead of true damage and increasing his level 1 ult cooldown to 160 seconds like garens ult would be a start. the base damage would be left true damage.

then decrease some of his base cooldowns and/or increase the scaling on his base abilities. or work with his base stats.

Pissfer

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogs01gt View Post
Actually its the opposite. He is a perfectly designed champ to counter the top lane bruiser meta.

Darius is soo easily countered its not funny and yet people complain because he his early game beats bruisers...
So you're telling me the solution to the top lane bruiser meta is to make a top lane bruiser who can kill other top lane bruisers? The counter would be more like if Xerath was a viable top (I assume he's not, but if he is... wonder why we never see him there). And as has been said, one of the largest problems is it being true damage. I'm sure that, in general, it does more damage than Garen's ult, possibly even before mitigation, which is just stupid, as Garen's ult deals magic damage and doesn't auto-refresh, even though he has a similar kit to Darius (at least in my opinion). Unless you're going to tell me that the rest of Garen's kit is strong enough to make up for his ult being weaker.

Spectre4802

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
~40% of Darius' damage output comes from his ult as true damage. It also comes all at once in one huge resistance ignoring chunk. This means that Darius is extremely strong with his ult up and pretty unsubstantial without it. This is a classic feast or famine design and it always leads to a weak champ. It's a bad design.

Morello's solution (he designed this ult) to fix this feast or famine scenario was to simply remove the famine part and allow Darius' ult CD to reset if he gets a kill with his AD scaling chunk of true damage (which in game seems to mean that Darius gets his ult reset if he has anything to do with an enemy dying). This is a borderline broken design. This really peaks its toes over the line. This is a lazy fix.

Darius is a poorly designed champ and he should see some changes.
A few things.

1. Darius can still crush you without Noxian Guillotine quite easily. A few A-As, Decimate, Apprehend, Crippling Strike, rinse and repeat. His ult does not make or break Darius, he can do fine without it.

2. Noxian Guillotine used to reset if the enemy died within a 1 second or so grace period. This meant in teamfights, he could take a little more risk with executing enemies, since he'll probably get a CD reset regardless. Now, Noxian Guillotine HAS to land the killing blow to CD, which means Darius players are more cautious when it comes to landing his ult, especially in a teamfight.

3. Personally, I think Darius is fine where he is. Yes, if he gets the upper hand during a one-on-one fight, it's a death sentance. But if he doesn't, like the enemy has a lot of Lifesteal, or if he's against a ranged enemy like Ashe, he's going to have a **** of a time killing them. Apprehend (for me, anyway) is notoriously unreliable, and CCR really hurts him.

Daruis is fine where he is. Neither he nor his ult need 'fixing', ie nerfing the true damage into the ground, making the ult a Reckless Swing-esque execution ability but with more penalties if you get it wrong.

NewTrinity

11-08-2012

Wouldn't removing the refresh on kill pretty much fix everyone's complaints about Darius being overpowered? You could say the same might be said about Kat. Whether or not that would make them up is a different matter though.