What I see as some core problems in Dom and some solutions

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

David12596

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrytharStarthra View Post
To me I see Bot lane as Mid lane in SR, where its a 1v1, player vrs player. I personally like Bot lane because then you don't have to depend on 3 ignorant randoms top and can stand on your own two feet (with the exception of ganks). The removal, or "fixing", of bot lane would just mean it would be the exact same experience for all 10 players. I'm not saying I disagree with your assessment, just giving my two cents.
My biggest problem for bot lane is it takes your team forever sometimes to re-position themselves sometimes because of the maps layout. I don't see why it has to be so different from bot lane and top. Dom should be around face pace action, not push and farm all day bot. The only other way i think they can fix this is if they add more ways for top to get to bot and bot to top faster.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

David12596

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Yeah. It is.

The gameplay it provides is not "fun" or healthy. It allows a team who gets smashed to actually take the lead. It's ****ing awful. Get rid of it.

Revive is ****ing awful.
That why you just move it to a UI option like I suggested and maybe remove the speed+health bonus. I never said the summoner spell is not a problem (because if you read the post you would realize that). I said its a problem that everyone needs to take it, which is not good. Adding it so everyone has it in the UI with a charge system, is not going to make a team snowball.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by David12596 View Post
That why you just move it to a UI option like I suggested and maybe remove the speed+health bonus. I never said the summoner spell is not a problem (because if you read the post you would realize that). I said its a problem that everyone needs to take it, which is not good. Adding it so everyone has it in the UI with a charge system, is not going to make a team snowball.
I read your suggestion. How does giving Revive to everybody solve the problem? The team that only loses 2 players in a fight but aces the enemy team is still going to lose map control because the other team will Revive zerg them.

Revive is a terribly broken spell in this map and must be removed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

David12596

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
I read your suggestion. How does giving Revive to everybody solve the problem? The team that only loses 2 players in a fight but aces the enemy team is still going to lose map control because the other team will Revive zerg them.

Revive is a terribly broken spell in this map and must be removed.
The only reason they can zerg it and get up there fast is because of the movement speed bonus, which allows them to get to the point before the other team to capture it (usually). If it does not have the movement speed and HP bonus it would not allow the other team to just die, come back, clean up, and take it before the other team gets back with their bonus HP and movement.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by David12596 View Post
The only reason they can zerg it and get up there fast is because of the movement speed bonus, which allows them to get to the point before the other team to capture it (usually). If it does not have the movement speed and HP bonus it would not allow the other team to just die, come back, clean up, and take it before the other team gets back with their bonus HP and movement.
Then you make Revive even more useless in SR and TT, and probably useless in Dominion, too (have you ever forgot your mastery by mistake? It sucks). Are you still not seeing a problem yet?

Why do people insist on keeping this horrible summoner spell around? It wrecks the game and cannot be balanced.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

David12596

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
Then you make Revive even more useless in SR and TT, and probably useless in Dominion, too (have you ever forgot your mastery by mistake? It sucks). Are you still not seeing a problem yet?

Why do people insist on keeping this horrible summoner spell around? It wrecks the game and cannot be balanced.
I never said that this UI thing would affect any other mode other then Dom.

I still fail to see the problem if all members of both teams gets a UI button (say 2-3 charges) that gives revive without the speed bonus (or maybe a lower bonus then what it has) and remove the HP increase.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Metalfenrir

Senior Member

11-08-2012

I think the point that FDru is trying to get across is the Revive is only useful BECAUSE of the speed/health bonuses. Removing those bonuses guts the spell, and trying to tack it on some alternative way would be silly. Why have revive at all if you can't use it to zerg rush back top and completely alter the turnout of what should have been a decisive team fight


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redenbacher

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Right. David is suggesting that the Revive summoner spell be disabled from the game.

In addition, a feature would be added to Dominion that adds a button to the UI, granting a revive on a charge system. This revive does just that, revive, and does not add health or movement speed when used.

To that I ask, what is the purpose?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

David12596

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalfenrir View Post
I think the point that FDru is trying to get across is the Revive is only useful BECAUSE of the speed/health bonuses. Removing those bonuses guts the spell, and trying to tack it on some alternative way would be silly. Why have revive at all if you can't use it to zerg rush back top and completely alter the turnout of what should have been a decisive team fight
because you can use it to reinforce a point like mid or bot when you have a 20 sec cooldown or you can use it to regroup with your team if you just so happen to get caught out. Its not only used because you go super speedy and get top. The fact that you come back to life has a lot of advantages especially end game if used right.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

David12596

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Right. David is suggesting that the Revive summoner spell be disabled from the game.

In addition, a feature would be added to Dominion that adds a button to the UI, granting a revive on a charge system. This revive does just that, revive, and does not add health or movement speed when used.

To that I ask, what is the purpose?
Well i did say it can keep the bonus movement speed increase, but it would have to less (was not in the main post though, ill edit that). Other then that i pretty much mention the points in my post to Metalfenrir. It still adds value to gameplay.


123