You dont want to split the community?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Runix

11-08-2012

If Riot only did what the community wanted it to do, we'd still be on the DotA map and denying creeps all day long in boring farm-fests interrupted by the rare team-fight where the only thing that happens to you is getting perma-stunned before you die. If that's what you want, Dota 2 and its community that is a small fraction of the size of the LoL community is out there and waiting for you.

Yes, Riot is experimenting with new things, and yes, that makes us something like guinea pigs. But the only reason we got TT in the first place was because Riot ignored the community (which, if you recall, was calling out for an even bigger and more involved 5v5, or even 7v7 map), and went with a small and quirky 3v3 map. It worked - but not as well as Riot wanted it to, and what they're trying to do now is get it to a higher level.

It's time to give Riot the benefit of the doubt, and recognize that their design instincts are very often superior to the opinions of the rabble on the forums.

Wasted Soldier

11-08-2012

I was an avid fan of the old 3s map, and riot calling the things that defined its play style "flaws doesn't change that. Having a shiny new map "designed for competitive play" doesn’t change that. I’ve played around 40 games on the new map between the PBE and when it was released in the actual game, and I will admit it’s not as bad as I initially thought, and I think it is a great addition to the game and that it is better for competitive play. But that's the thing: FOR COMPETIVE PLAY. Riot seems to be pushing the casual community aside, having us hide in custom games to play ARAM; and now instead of updating the old TT, or even leaving it the mostly the way it was, you have to completely scrap it because the casual players opinions apparently don't matter. Riot needs to understand that they’re not just updating TT, they’re completely removing it from the game because they don’t seem to understand that some of us actually enjoyed playing such a ‘flawed’ map.

Redenbacher

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runix View Post
If Riot only did what the community wanted it to do, we'd still be on the DotA map and denying creeps all day long in boring farm-fests interrupted by the rare team-fight where the only thing that happens to you is getting perma-stunned before you die. If that's what you want, Dota 2 and its community that is a small fraction of the size of the LoL community is out there and waiting for you.

Yes, Riot is experimenting with new things, and yes, that makes us something like guinea pigs. But the only reason we got TT in the first place was because Riot ignored the community (which, if you recall, was calling out for an even bigger and more involved 5v5, or even 7v7 map), and went with a small and quirky 3v3 map. It worked - but not as well as Riot wanted it to, and what they're trying to do now is get it to a higher level.

It's time to give Riot the benefit of the doubt, and recognize that their design instincts are very often superior to the opinions of the rabble on the forums.
This reminds me - I remember all those posts on these rabble rousing forums along the lines of, "DotA2 = Death of LoL". In the words of Maxwell Smart, 'Missed it by that much."

Anyway, I'm not sure why these threads keep getting made. Few, if any, really care if you decide to stop playing LoL because of the new TT. If you want to see change, create a constructive post with REAL feedback, rather than a collection of words and phrases resembling that of a child's temper tantrum.

You will not get the old map back, but maybe - just maybe - they can tweak the new map based on your feedback to play the way you'd like it to play. If you refuse to see beyond the new map, and the potential of what it CAN be with your input, then by all means - find another game. Go play DotA 2, because it has so much innovation in the genre (/sarcasm). Either way, you're not going to get very far beating your chest and stomping your feet.

EDIT: One thing that really makes zero sense to me, is that you use the word 'primitive' to describe the gameplay. That implies it's been done before, a long time ago. That it's "so simple a caveman can do it." Please, point me in the direction of a game that has this style of gameplay done long ago. I'd love to compare the two.

Aexalven

11-09-2012

Ok, thisis my feedback:

Remove the ****ijn altairs
Give buck the ****ing jungle
Give back the ****in wards

Done.

And my primitive i mean, every monkey or caveman CAN play it. Push push push and then die by gank or dont push and stay away from exp. This map is retarded, there is no tavtics involved in it just pushpushpushfightfightfoghtpushpush.
Fot his kind of **** i have dominion.