Blitz grabbing from off-screen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mack The Knife

11-23-2009

If you're playing on the purple side of SR and you go bottom lane, a Blitz can grab you from off your screen (while you're fighting from the "top" of the map and he's "below" your screen). I play with the UI as small as it can get while still being readable, and I have that center bar graphic disabled. It's more a matter of camera angle than anything, though. What is Riot doing about this?

Lerrem

11-23-2009

Do you mean he is in the fog of war or that your camera angle doesnt show him? Do you have your camera locked on your character?

Graty

11-23-2009

Yeah, top-side camera angles are a mess.
Wouldn't it be more fun if the camera was aimed to give a similar impression of being on the bottom if you're purple?

Mack The Knife

11-23-2009

Lerrem: Not fog of war, it's the camera angle.

Graty: That's what I thought would be the case before I started playing the game...it's the only way that makes sense and is fair. Maybe this is a change they could make?

Drake O Dagger

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
Lerrem: Not fog of war, it's the camera angle.

Graty: That's what I thought would be the case before I started playing the game...it's the only way that makes sense and is fair. Maybe this is a change they could make?
Or perhaps simply letting you rotate the camera to whatever angle you want it at?

Procylon

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake O Dagger View Post
Or perhaps simply letting you rotate the camera to whatever angle you want it at?
Rather have the game move it for me, cause otherwise we would haveto have 2 saved camera angles per map depending on what map and what side of the map. They might be able to do 2 blanket configs depending on your side, but I want to see some more interesting maps thathave differing alignments in the future.

God SoRcuS

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake O Dagger View Post
Hmm, Since I am a game programmer I can tell you that this will invite a lot of trouble in most cases. I think OP's post is clear and it's just a matter of tweaking.