So armor pen...

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FDru

Senior Member

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricedream5 View Post
I wonder if this also applies to mpen...
If it does, watch my ap koggy will become cheesecake tier
All signs indicate that penetration in general is being changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeefJerkyHunter View Post
Don't spin my words. I've always wanted it to be removed, and these changes to armor penetration give even more reason to do so.
You seem to have put strong emphasis on the "now, since Riot is doing X" bit, so I don't think I was spinning anything.

The fact is Riot seems to think that AD need to hit harder in Dominion than other maps. Good luck convincing them how wrong that is.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malah

Senior Member

11-07-2012

<- Clinging to Frozen Heart for dear life right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doran Nhika

Senior Member

11-08-2012

It's not worth it to buy last whisper even though it sounds great.

The only reason you buy last whisper is if you are NOT in the offensive tree and DON'T have armor pen runes.

It's better to have 10% armor penetration from offensive tree and 15 armor pen and more AD items (IE / BT)

or

0% armor pen, ad per level reds, and a last whisper.

Why?

Because building last whisper on top of 10% armor pen brings you to. . I forgot, and you won't hit as hard as you would with another AD item such as BT / IE

hmm lets make that moooore simple..


0% armor pen ---> 40% armor pen

or

10% armor pen + 40% armor pen = 45%?

so the guy starting with 0% is getting more out of the last whisper than the other guy was


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Your post is such a mess.

You begin by saying "Dude with 0% ArPen is gonna get more ArPen than those who already have 10% when they get LW"

This is wrong, you still get more arpen if you have both the mastery and LW, you just get less than the sum of each on their own, it's still worth it.

Ok, let's put this behind us.

Now you say if you invested in the offensive tree, you shouldn't buy LW, due to the above.
This is wrong. LW's dmg/gold increase ratio is better than BFS's at about 100-120 enemy armour. You will deal more damage to most people by getting LW than another AD item.

This is just wrong.
In fact, you assume by your first premise (which is also wrong), that since we go into the offensive tree we should skip LW. No. LW is so ridiculously good that it's better to have 0 points in the offense tree and get LW, than go into the offensive mastery tree and skip LW.

Also, BT doesn't exist on Dominion.

Seriously, the holy trifecta of AD items on SR is IE, PD, LW and even just a vampiric scepter. MUCH better than going IE, PD, BT.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

inFe eD

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
Seriously, the holy trifecta of AD items on SR is IE, PD, LW and even just a vampiric scepter. MUCH better than going IE, PD, BT.
Dead wrong. Watch some SR games sometime and count how many times the carry opts for your build over BT + PD rush. IE rush died out months ago.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vintage Daisy

Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Dead wrong. Watch some SR games sometime and count how many times the carry opts for your build over BT + PD rush. IE rush died out months ago.

Tournaments are farm fests, that's why they get BT first. to stay in lane.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
Dead wrong. Watch some SR games sometime and count how many times the carry opts for your build over BT + PD rush. IE rush died out months ago.
I still see a lot of games where it's IE. It also depends on the champions - Corki and Ezreal who are everywhere are more likely to get BT over IE.

Furthermore, they still tend to get LW as the third item, even if it's LW, BT and PD, and not IE over BT, or some such. And when they don't, you'll often see other players who stream those games note it to be a mistake.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tempestphile

Senior Member

11-08-2012

I thought Xyph hinted the effectiveness of arm pen will be lowered, or at least on items such as last whisper, but changing the numbers prehaps


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DiscworldDeath

Senior Member

11-08-2012

He didn't hint it, he said it.

Penetration stacking is going to become stronger, so they'll nerf the numbers some on individual sources.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vintage Daisy

Member

11-08-2012

Oh god, now Sauron will tell everyone to get more MP/ArP quints instead of MS.


123