Twisted Treeline AMA Recap

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ImmortalAura

11-07-2012

You guys Ruined TT.

fieryzafara

11-07-2012

you aren't getting money from me ever again riot

GOOMUH

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

we want ranked solo que for 3's!

the only thing it would do would make more people play twisted treeline

like if you agree

0akheart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Lol at all the people butt hurt about losing the old TT - It was broken you fools. I love the new map so much I prefer it over 5 v 5's. I thought riot would never be able to create something Id like over the original map.
Good work riot! Keep on the improvement.

Elalya

11-07-2012

Hi there. Diamond 3's player here.

I just want to say that adding a solo queue option to the ranked system would seriously reduce the level of competitiveness on the map. The new Trees requires a level of coordination, communication and trust higher than in any of the other maps: I have played games with Sam and other top level players and we play significantly worse than when I play with my teammates.

Being good at the new threes is all about trust and communication. Solo queue is inherently chaotic, and would not work on this format.

My two cents.

Predinchuk

11-07-2012

If you really think that having two separate 3v3 maps is going to "split the focus," you're wrong. I know/play with/(and arguably AM) one of the top treeline players, and I feel like this new map has alienated much of the treeline community. I know a specific pair of treeline players who possessed several of the few diamond-rated treeline teams, and they've pretty much quit entirely.

I think you need to allow the new map to co-exist with the old one. You need to put it back up and let the players decide which map is better; at least take a damned vote, this is almost tyrannical.

Kise

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalAura View Post
You guys Ruined TT.
They made it a little bit better actually. On the old TT, I remember my team being killed by the enemy about 40-50 times whereas we had single digits in team kills - the enemy team was tanky, and all had thornmails/FH just to give you an idea of how unkillable they were. Our Shaco was squishy but we somehow managed to knock down their towers as he snuck through the jungle. He backdoored and took out their last turret, then they jumped him. WW and me snuck through the jungle and kinda went "1-2-3 GO" as we ran up to their nexus. Their cc didn't affect me since I was Olaf, and WW's attack speed boost helped us take down the nexus.

So even with 3 armored up tanky fighters (I only remember them playing Nasus and Shyv), my squishy/semi-squishy team turtled and still managed to win off attack speed and sneaks alone. The new TT gives less paths to sneak around, and it works in favor of the small 3-person teams. New TT > Old TT and that's coming from someone who use to abuse said "exploits".

Kise

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elalya View Post
Hi there. Diamond 3's player here.

I just want to say that adding a solo queue option to the ranked system would seriously reduce the level of competitiveness on the map. The new Trees requires a level of coordination, communication and trust higher than in any of the other maps: I have played games with Sam and other top level players and we play significantly worse than when I play with my teammates.

Being good at the new threes is all about trust and communication. Solo queue is inherently chaotic, and would not work on this format.

My two cents.
It generally depends on how you communicate in champ select. I always try to get my teammates to NOT play squishies because I don't have time to babysit them to some lategame builds. The thing is, some champions aren't good at SR, as some champions aren't good at TT.

However, I'm really hoping S3 will bring more of a balance to things. Yet and still, you can't win a game of 3 squishies versus 3 tankies without being pushed to your last tower(s).

edit: forgot to say I've won most of my solo queue TT games, both old and new map.

metamilo

11-07-2012

So hopefully this hasn't been overstated in previous posts but i find that i disagree about your decision not to include wards.

To be more clear I agree that vision from a standard ward would invalidate ganks and invades however why not make a new ward item specific to the map. You do it for many other items. What about a ward with half the sight range that lasts something like 15-20 seconds and costs 25 gold. This would allow for interesting gameplay interactions without sacrificing the viability of the strategies you are seeking to preserve.

I admit that a major reason I feel this way is because lee sin, jax and katarina are among my favorite TT picks and not having wards to jump to makes me feel very muzzled. There is nothing more satisfying to me than to get an epic kill or juke using wards on these champs. While there are relatively few champions that use this mechanic I believe that it is a very essential part of their kit as far as their fun factor is concerned. So even if you decide to keep wards out for the final release i would urge you to consider including a consumable item that these champions could use like a ward.

Also paying gold for bonus functionality on a skill is an area I think you guys should explore more for upcoming champion or items. Perhaps even an entire champion based around this concept.

Anyways I'll stop ranting but this is one issue I'd rather not have to compromise on.

darkbox123

11-07-2012

the turret range is to long it should be short. and minions op!