Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zanderosion

11-07-2012

After reading this new black cleaver (btw bad idea) I'm curious how kayle's passive will work with it and also how Rammus passive will work with it cause i've seen many Rammus with excess of 400 armour during W.

Simple Math

Kayle passive: 3% armour reduction per hit, (cap 5)
new Black Cleaver: 5% armour reduction per hit (cap 5)

now will that mean 40% armour reduction?
so wow 40% armour REDUCTION so target is in no way tanky anymore

and for those with ridiculous armour (bad malph players wit 300+ armour)
toss in a last whisper now for easy math it works out that last whisper gives an extra 24%
armour pen to the final amount

- for those who dont understand math -
100% - 40% reduction x 40% armour PEN = 24% aka (60% x 40%)
gives us how much a last whisper will reduce from whole amount of armour

this gives 64% armour pen (without flat pen) for kayle alone now if this isn't OP i dont know what is.

the only options are change kayle or toss this item or explain to me how this isn't OP.

the other problem is that this is 25% armour reduction so all allies will also benefit from it. this is why all PENETRATION items have big numbers cause if they didn't they would never be used cause they only benefit the champ carrying them. in short this new black cleaver's armour reduction is TOO STRONG it needs to be reduced or just take the old black cleaver armour reduction it was fine and if more armour pen is needed just get a god damned last whisper.

i swear u're making new items and new champs cause ur bored cause lately all u've been doing is recycling old champs and seeing what comes out. BTW new 3v3 items are ****.

I WELCOME ALL TROLLS

R3SBalron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Lookin at the New BC... its nice and i like the Changes ur making to Armor Pen. But what happened to my attack speed :-). I enjoyed BC over LW on Vayne because of the AS/DMG bonus. Are there going to be any other AS Armor pen options?

Bossrat

11-07-2012

Darius can now get 100% armor pen, 25% from Apprehend, plus 25% from Black Cleaver is 50% plus 40% from Last Whisper is 90%, plus 10% from masteries, 100% armor pen, Darius is now the true damage carry. Any flat armor pen would put them in negative armor, causing him to do extra damage.

melvin593

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

I think we need to see more gold per 10 items, or at least change them up a bit. The critical strike one doesnt do much for supports. We also need some more support items. Support boots? I dont want to build CD boots on every support. How about a gold per 10 boots! or health/magic regen boots?

Lazreal

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Today Iím going to talk about Armor Penetration and its effects on the scaling of our Attack Damage Casters class.

Letís take a look at one of the core items for this class Ė The Brutalizer:

The Black Cleaver
+45 Attack Damage
+10% Cooldown Reduction
+10 Armor Penetration
Passive: Dealing physical damage to an enemy reduces their Armor by 5% for 6 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times on the same target.

Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more!

-Xypherous

You just made My Hecarim even more Deadly, For I'm the only one I see going early Brutalizer, into late game Ghost Blade, now I can just shred the entire teams Armor like a BOSS!!!

it really was my birthday on nov 5th!!!

FarmedAndFamous

11-07-2012

pretty good idea actualy

Grimwohl

11-07-2012

All armor pen, no damage. All I see is the same reason why people only build 1 armor pen item.
Negative penetration doesn't do additional damage.

Kataržna

11-07-2012

What happens if I really really hate armor, and say I'm on TT. I want Black Cleaver. Last Whisper. Ghostblade, Van Damm's, and a Brutalizer.

That's what? -25%, another 46% from LW and masteries. Then a flat 10, 10, 15, 20. ~25 from runes and masteries, depending on changes, totaling 70 flat.

Potentially I could still be completely countering armor stacking, provided I have a reasonable, low cooldown method to applying new BC shred.

Corki for example could just Gatling Gun a team to death.

LEGENDARY TOP NA

11-07-2012

Will you be bringing back twisted treeline since all of the threads I've been seeing about it? Or in general will you ever? Patch looks phenomenal over all though so far

o O

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Probably - but if your character has linear scaling and 100% physical damage - that's just going to be what happens. That's my own fault as Riven's designer that she gets hard-countered by armor.

Morello has to talk about very high-level of what is good for the game as a whole. Individual designs don't contradict that, it just means that the individual designs are flawed in that regard.
Are you going to do anything about that? The fact that Riven is hard-countered by armor?

I main Riven. I just love her kit (it's super fun). However, I hate the fact that all my laning opponent has to do is buy armor to win the lane. Even if I'm dominating my lane, armor shuts Riven down way too hard. This isn't true if I play Irelia (who deals true damage) or Jax (who deals mixed damage) or Darius (who deals mixed/true damage) or Jayce (who deals mixed damage). These champions, when they get a significant advantage, are very hard to counter (and thus easier to snowball with) unlike Riven.

For example: I recently played a Riven vs. Jax game. My jungler was able to successfully gank Jax twice giving me a 2-0 advantage in lane. I also had about an extra 30 CS above him. Jax, after his second death, proceeded to play passive. He kept farming under turret. He eventually bought several armor items (Tabi's, Chain Vest, Doran's Shield), 1 damage item (Phage), and some life steal (Vampiric Scepter). Ultimately, he started pushing out of his lane. I, Riven, who had a fully stacked Blood Thirster and had started working on the components to my GA (Chain Vest, Null-Magic Mantle, Merc' Treads) went against the Jax 1v1 because I assumed that I had the advantage against him (since I had better items and 1 level above him). Needless to say, I died. How is that balanced or even fair? A champion that has a significant gold advantage (better items) and an extra level losing to someone that is supposed to be weaker. I know that Jax is considered a great duelist, but isn't this a little overboard? Note, this is not me calling Jax overpowered. There are many other top laners who don't get shut down as hard when their opponent builds armor just like Jax. Maybe Riven is just a little too weak?