Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weirding ways

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Black Cleaver's new effect is *not* an on-hit proc. It triggers whenever damage of the appropriate type is dealt to the enemy.
Taking this under account, would it proc if a summon who does said apropriate damage type attacks a target? My ad malzahar want to know (and would be a nice buff to ad bruiser elise as well).

Anaxxon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Could Garen potentualy take an entire teams armor down by 25%?

TeddyRayLynn

11-07-2012

Any info on the release of the patch? Too exciting and painful to sit on the edge here, Riot xD

KotlettDrake

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
You realize that Talon isn't the only AD Caster right? And even if it were the case - Assassins have no right being able to murder everyone they please at a moment's notice with impunity?

You're an assassin that takes out high priority targets. You *don't* just get to murder everyone in the game without tradeoffs.

A couple reasons:

1. It has a combination of flat penetration, CDR and % reduction on the same item itself.
2. It's a relatively smooth build path from brutalizer - thus giving you a way for your early game curve to enter your late game curve.
3. It leaves a lingering 'after-effect' for your team even if you fail your assassination attempt.

So, for example - #1 just gives you the stats you need at the right time. CDR, flat pen, % reduction, attack damage - all on the same item. Slot efficiency.

#2 means that your lane build can effectively transition into something that - while it's not perfectly optimal for selfish damage - does actually transition out into a mid/late-game build.

#3 means that your full-combo not only deals more damage - but effectively marks that target for further incoming damage from your team. Characters like Pantheon or Renekton, for example, can often fail to finish off their entire target - but that character is effectively weaker in a lot of ways from follow-up attacks from pretty much anyone.
Darius?

Litonel BP

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litonel BP View Post
Hello Xyp, all of this seems very exciting.

It feels like LoL is growing and taking the right path into pro gaming after all.

I would like to ask you:

How this new way to calculate and set Pen, will affect such lane (toxic imo) as its the top lane?

Stacking armor is one of the most common things actually since most of the champs in the current metagame are Ad Bruisers, now the armor its getting kinda buffed early on, so i would like to know your opinion about that.

By the way i would like to know (not a full explanation ofc) about if you guys are going to change things like the top lane play style, and the adventage (Blue side) vs red side in this pre season and season 3.

Thank you for your answer.
Bump

RexSaur

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevev45 View Post
1 time if they don't change the coding. It does all the damage at once.
That would suck...

Is it possible to make this item also apply on hit physical damage?

Ledinax

11-07-2012

Inb4 this is the only reworked/new item and supports get nothing ;_;

Warrior of Steel

11-07-2012

I hope people realize that all this Black Cleaver/Last Whisper combo will apply to high elo play where decisions like that change matches. I wouldn't be surprised if a typical ranked match after this would go like "zomg report pl0x noob AD carry no help team no make black cleaver to help our AP mid kill faster xoxoxo". Still can't wait to play Renekton with new items!

Phourc

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirahna View Post
My understanding of Kayle's E (Righteous Fury):

Kayle gets some on-hit magic damage added to her basic attacks
Range increases from 125 to 525
Splash effect deals a percentage of her AD as physical damage, as well as the same on-hit magic damage so she's dealing both sources to splashed enemies.
Alright, pulled it up from the wiki:

Quote:
Kayle harnesses her righteous fury for 10 seconds, granting her bonus magic damage on her attacks and increasing her attack range by 400 (to 525). Additionally, attacks on non-tower units create an area of effect that deals physical damage equal to a percentage of her attack damage plus the same on-hit magic damage to surrounding enemies.
That... is significantly different from when I remember playing her.. Go go tanky shredbot Kayle?

BroughtMyFgame

11-07-2012

So Sivir's AAs, Q, and W are gonna proc BC's armor shred?

Think I know what FotM is gonna be.