Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Miku

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Buckshot does indeed fire 3 bullets that can proc Black Cleaver 3 times. Graves is an AD Caster.
Whaut?

He has 2 skills what are "AD caster" worthy
It's like calling Sona a AP mid because she has 2 skills "AP mid" worthy

Dreggon

11-07-2012

Xyph - currently, if you get Last Whisper/Void Staff for 40% penetration, plus the same-resistance 10% penetration mastery in the Offense tree, you get 40% penetration, plus 10% of the remaining 60% armor/MR for 46% penetration. Can this be changed to be additive rather than multiplicative, so you get 50% reduction?

Or is this particular mastery no longer a thing?

Electromasta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Really excited because this makes assassins more viable. It also makes logical sense that brutalizer would build into higher tier penetration items. Is haunting guise going to build into void staff?

Really anxious to hear more information about the other item changes you have, even though I can't play. (No power from sandy ftw)

DarkPercy

11-07-2012

I guess you're changing Void staff and Sorcerer boots too?

Epic Blue Toast

11-07-2012

Will there be achievements at any point in time for season 3?

Xypherous

Systems Designer

11-07-2012
9 of 29 Riot Posts

Quote:
There was a give and take. If game lasted too long, you sell brut and buy LW. What's the problem?
There's two problems here:

1. Early game pen values were essentially tuned to be viable up until mid-game, which means that if you didn't stack early armor, you had zero armor.

2. Stacking early armor turned the flip-side of the problem onto the AD in question - because now they needed to give up their current advantages (Brutalizer) in favor of a % solution even if their flat penetration was good enough to kill a carry.

3. Meanwhile, carries just get a the amount of % armor penetration from Last Whisper so Tanks die while AD Casters pay a 600 Gold Tax for being in the late game.

LikesTacos

11-07-2012

I don't know, these changes seem sketch atm. It feels like you guys don't like the pacing of the game. Do you really want all games to be 30 minutes or less?

Greedily

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Any plans for Haunting Guise, similar to what has been done with Brutalizer?

Nyx87

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Well - Yeah. But then you run up into a 3k HP Mundo/Singed with 80~ armor and massive regeneration and you're like 'Wait a second, you didn't build any armor! ABORT. ABORT. I REGRET EVERYTHING.'
A full duration Wukong ult deals about 1280 damage and with the Armor pen change he can get you VERY close to 0 Armor. Your 3k HP just got cut in half very rapidly because he is now dealing true damage to you.

My point is, and question, are you going to be adjusting Damage on Champions based on these new numbers?

Sarusta

Adjudicator

11-07-2012

Xypherious, I have a few questions (that are slightly tangential to the Armor Penetration discussion, so I'd understand if you don't address them just yet).

1.) Is Magic Penetration getting the same treatment as Armor Penetration (% before Flat)?
2.) Are we going to see more only-one-use items (Brutalizer, Stinger, etc.) get new upgrade paths?
3.) Are there going to be new items to diversify AD carry builds? Currently a large number of the AD Carries just grab IE/BT and PD, and by the end of the game, they almost always have the same items (IE, PD, BT, GA, LW, and TF instead of PD for Corki/Ezreal). It's starting to feel kinda stale.