Preseason Itemization Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darkjak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

Sticky this!

SykoAzn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2012

I'm tired of always buying hog and philo stone on support. this needs to be addressed in s3.

Leonidás

11-07-2012

Errrrrmaiguuurrd Sooo excited

Krìn

11-07-2012

Quick question, are there going to be more item choices for Armor+Ability Power?

I started a thread not too long ago, hasn't gotten much attention.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2770119

gotsgreens

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeuss1990 View Post
I love you Xypherous.

EDIT: What items will you be adding to help Melee AD Carries? What about AD Casters and AD Assassins? I main champions like Riven, Fiora, Master Yi, Tryndamere, Xin Zhao, Jax, and Lee Sin.
LOL i find you to be a HORRIBLE league player if main those champions. you lack the skill of playing a champion that requires skill. if you dont understand what i mean when i say that, its because you are a noob and rely on your champion to carry you instead of your build..

proXc

11-07-2012

I would personally like to request solid alternatives to the current competitive starting items.
Getting boots and 3 health potions is a real buzz kill when I do it almost every game. The Doran's items are okay but I feel like there is something that could be done differently. If items like Long Sword and Amplifying Tome were lowered in cost or something, that would be great. Or if the Doran's items were lowered in cost from 475 to 400 then the player could afford a ward or 2 health pots. Then you can lower some of the Doran's items stats - which I think would make them better "filler" items.

PhiliBiRD

Recruiter

11-07-2012

Sounds fantastic! Great work riot (I hope)

freeradikle

11-07-2012

Haunting Guise and Brutalizer Upgrades?

Falcon Mrk II

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post

Breadth and Depth

One of the most important things we tried to accomplish during the preseason was to ensure that your mid game items didn’t pigeonhole you into certain choices later in the game. We’ve also endeavored to give mid-tier items more late game options so that you don’t run into dead-ends as the game progresses. If you build Warden’s Mail in the mid game, you shouldn’t feel compelled to buy Randuin’s Omen every game. We wanted to make sure that at each stage of item progression gave you upgrade choices later on.
Does this mean I can build my Brutalizer's into something worthwhile? Cause that item is viable on some champions (Rengar, Talon), but Ghostblade doesn't ever get built. :/

Obtenebrous

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipeCoconut View Post
I love the specialization. Sometimes I want to play a champion the way I want to play that champion, not the way everyone has to play that champion.
Totally agree. I think this'll really let everyone build their champs how THEY want to not how they're expected to.