Gameplay Strategic Review & Discussion ~1200 elo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FaerellG

11-07-2012

Hey, I noticed on your sivir game that you start Ricochet. How is that working out for you? I've considered switching to W start rather than Q start, but I have trouble getting over the loss of the burst damage.

I'm guessing you can only pull this off against other short ranged ADs because long ranged ADs won't let you close the gap to auto attack.

Edit:
You also don't level your SpellShield early. Against a Taric in lane (or anyone with a stun) you really need that mana and blockage. That's my recommendation at least.

FaerellG

11-07-2012

Other notes: Call wards

You watched their support ward the rivier. Ping the ward location and type "Warded" in chat. Junglers and Mid players who come to gank will appreciate that.

Additionally, you seem to push really hard in this game, and you guys do that without warding your river. I'm surprised they didn't gank you guys.

Ezrabar

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
Hey, I noticed on your sivir game that you start Ricochet. How is that working out for you? I've considered switching to W start rather than Q start, but I have trouble getting over the loss of the burst damage.

I'm guessing you can only pull this off against other short ranged ADs because long ranged ADs won't let you close the gap to auto attack.
It can really depend on the lane for sure like you said but normally it works pretty well. I like ricochet mostly because it secures every single last hit because it resets your auto attack. Though you have to be careful to use it because of it pushing.

All in all if you're going for an early kill Q is the way to go. W is great for securing last hits and preserving mana when harassing.

Edit: Eh I would only put 1 point into Spell Shield myself. I'd rather have the damage than mana sustainability (I normally don't have issues with mana)

Ezrabar

11-07-2012

Quote:
Other notes: Call wards

You watched their support ward the rivier. Ping the ward location and type "Warded" in chat. Junglers and Mid players who come to gank will appreciate that.

Additionally, you seem to push really hard in this game, and you guys do that without warding your river. I'm surprised they didn't gank you guys.
I missed one? Man I normally call those. Thanks for pointing it out. Where is it?

I believe he ganked us once or twice but you're right. We shouldn't have been past the mid. I believe what happened at first was TF fought for mid against a random (TF is a friend) and so I was prepared to push bot hard because I was gonna be 1v2. Then he came down (he suprised me actually). After that I must have tunnel visioned after I started winning the lane.

As for the wards he was trying to play an AP still and didn't buy wards. (Which I should have but I try to get them to understand the support shouldn't make the ADC buy them.)

Now that I look at this game I did play horribly. Thanks for pointing it out.

FaerellG

11-07-2012

The missed call was at around 7:10 on your video. I noticed because it was the first and very obvious one.

As for wards. The way I've learned it is thus:
Wards are primarily the responsibility of the Support, but everyone (even AD) should be buying wards to help ward their lane.

The reason there's this misconception that supports buy all the wards, is because on start up, the Support buys like 3 wards always. So they're the ones warding the lane bushes and the river. However, on first back, the AD should take over some warding responsibility so that the support can rush a GP10 item and boots without having to worry about not having enough for wards.

Past that, the support should still be buying the majority of wards, but AD should carry 1 or 2 at all times until they get near a full build. The reason is that sometimes the support runs out of wards, or is forced back early or is otherwise zoned out of placing the wards while the AD may be be in a better and safer position. This is especially true of Sivir because of her spell shield because you can play ballzier when it's ready to block that CC.

Or later in the game, sometimes you happen to be walking by Baron or a buff location and you can drop a ward instead of making the support run all the way out there. Supports need items too.

FaerellG

11-07-2012

Less important note as I watched the end of that game:
Ctrl 1, 2, 3,4
Joke, Taunt, Dance, Laugh

So you don't have to type it out.

Ezrabar

11-07-2012

Quote:
The missed call was at around 7:10 on your video. I noticed because it was the first and very obvious one.

As for wards. The way I've learned it is thus:
Wards are primarily the responsibility of the Support, but everyone (even AD) should be buying wards to help ward their lane.

The reason there's this misconception that supports buy all the wards, is because on start up, the Support buys like 3 wards always. So they're the ones warding the lane bushes and the river. However, on first back, the AD should take over some warding responsibility so that the support can rush a GP10 item and boots without having to worry about not having enough for wards.

Past that, the support should still be buying the majority of wards, but AD should carry 1 or 2 at all times until they get near a full build. The reason is that sometimes the support runs out of wards, or is forced back early or is otherwise zoned out of placing the wards while the AD may be be in a better and safer position. This is especially true of Sivir because of her spell shield because you can play ballzier when it's ready to block that CC.

Or later in the game, sometimes you happen to be walking by Baron or a buff location and you can drop a ward instead of making the support run all the way out there. Supports need items too.
Ya I've been recently calling them not sure why I didn't there.

That's definitely a good point. I'm open to a couple wards early game but you have to watch the money you're putting into wards as an ADC. Gold on an ADC scales way higher then any other role. You also forgot to mention the jungle takes some of the burden as well. Support and Jungle should normally be enough wards for a team but top/mid definitely supply their own wards to watch their own lanes for ganks and can help out mid/late game.

But as ANY role if someone spends money on items and they have enough for a ward but nothing else I would say to buy a ward (I've been bad lately but this is when I normally buy them on a ADC in mid/late game).

In the end though as an ADC in mid/late game I would buy my items after I back and then get a ward if I have enough.

Ezrabar

11-07-2012

Quote:
Less important note as I watched the end of that game:
Ctrl 1, 2, 3,4
Joke, Taunt, Dance, Laugh

So you don't have to type it out.
My ctrl is sort of awkwardly placed so most of the time I type them but for some reason I'm able to upgrade my abilities with ctrl.... I don't know it's weird sometimes.

Ezrabar

11-07-2012

Tip #3 Don't let others get to you. No one plays at their best when frustrated.

Ezrabar

11-07-2012

I'm currently streaming at http://www.own3d.tv/Ezrabar/live/411919

If anyone wants to watch.