Barrier destroys gameplay, here's why.

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 30
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doctor Swole

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatleaf View Post
You basically described what heal can do already
except heal has drawbacks. barrier doesn't.

ignite, reduced heals when used in succession, higher cd

And it was K

11-06-2012

Also add that using early armor and mr (like fromt flat runes) will greatly increase the effective health of the shield. I think that will be very problematic early game.

Phreak IRL

11-06-2012

Barrier should be nerfed on SR, but it's pretty helpful, especially for junglers.

I think we might be seeing some barrier-(other spell) jungle play, depending on the cooldown for Barrier on summoner's rift.

I'd love to see smite have an alternative.

Sojs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

i cant wait to run barrier on jungle mundo and level 2 tower dive people

Izzabelle

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paprikachu View Post
Hello GD.

I'm pretty sure everyone reading this has at least tried ARAM once. Almost everyone takes either Barrier, Heal, or both. This destroys gameplay, and here's why:

1) Barrier can only be used defensively. You only use this spell, when it's already too late. It has no other use than saving your ass.
2) It punishes good play. Imagine someone trying to kill you with a flash+ignite. You use Barrier to escape. That guy has two spells on cooldown and no escape for a long time, for nothing.
3) It rewards bad play. Wrong positioning? Just use Barrier to get out for free.
4) It is crazy OP. It's basically +25% HP for free.

tl;dr: Remove Barrier, or nerf it at least. It makes the game boring and extremely frustrating.
1 -- you can use it offensively. Shield up and charge in.
2 -- Flash can also punish good plays. You take a terrific shot with Ez's ult that will net you a triple kill, everyone flashes out of the way despite your great positioning/timing
3 -- Flash
4 -- Flash can save you from death by avoiding spells that may hit you for even more than 25% HP, like a Nunu ult. Flash also offers champs with low to no mobility, high mobility.

octavian1127

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullettime7 View Post
They could easily tune the numbers to be lessened on Summoner's Rift and it's likely the route they'll take. Otherwise it would be too hard of a counter to champions like Karthus. Even though I dislike Karthus, I don't think giving everyone a "get out of jail free card" is the way to nerf him.
CD on Barrier is much longer than CD on Requiem....

Zaphas

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by octavian1127 View Post
CD on Barrier is much longer than CD on Requiem....
Wat?

Taliesin

11-06-2012

Barrier has 3 problems:
1. It heals for more than Heal does.
2. It's not reduceable in any way (heal/grievous wounds).
3. It has a shorter cooldown than Heal.

DRkid

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Swole View Post
except heal has drawbacks. barrier doesn't.

ignite, reduced heals when used in succession, higher cd
Not every mechanic in the game has a direct counter. True damage has no real counter in this game its just something you have to learn to deal with.

Gamer Celestia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetios View Post
Shields are more problematic than a heal. You can negate a heal. Barrier is better than heal in every possible way.
Barrier is the exact same as heal, but heal is a permanent change to a health bar, while a shield is temporary. This is what balances it. The base amounts are the same, but one is permanent, and one is not. It would be overpowered if the permanent change could not be mitigated, would it not?

12345612 ... 30