Barrier destroys gameplay, here's why.

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 30
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Paprikachu

11-06-2012

Hello GD.

I'm pretty sure everyone reading this has at least tried ARAM once. Almost everyone takes either Barrier, Heal, or both. This destroys gameplay, and here's why:

1) Barrier is almost always used defensively. You only use this spell, when it's already too late. It has no other use than saving your ass.
2) It punishes aggressive play. Imagine someone trying to kill you with a flash+ignite or some spell. You use Barrier to escape. That guy has two spells on cooldown and no escape for a long time, for nothing. This is made worse by the fact that its cooldown is much lower than flash's.
3) It rewards bad play. Wrong positioning? Just use Barrier to get out for free.
4) It is crazy OP. It's basically +25% HP for free.
5) Unlike Heal, there is no counter to it.
6) Its strengh is even more multiplied with the amount of armor and magic resist a player has.

Flash does not suffer from any of these problems. It does not give you stats, it can be used offensively and it only buys you a small amount of time, you can still be outrun by champs with higher movement speed.

tl;dr: Remove Barrier, or nerf it at least. It makes the game boring and extremely frustrating.

Edit: Clarified my arguments a bit.

Dryad Soraka

11-06-2012

Yeah I agree, Barrier should NOT be allowed on SR. It's annoying enough on Proving Grounds.

Bullettime7

11-06-2012

They could easily tune the numbers to be lessened on Summoner's Rift and it's likely the route they'll take. Otherwise it would be too hard of a counter to champions like Karthus. Even though I dislike Karthus, I don't think giving everyone a "get out of jail free card" is the way to nerf him.

Goatleaf

11-06-2012

You basically described what heal can do already

Rurumiki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Kinda like flash.

Percival7663

11-06-2012

what u said reminds me of flash everything u said reminds me of flash op

ADCisMyReligion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatleaf View Post
You basically described what heal can do
Shields are more problematic than a heal. You can negate a heal. Barrier is better than heal in every possible way.

Zaphas

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paprikachu View Post
Hello GD.

I'm pretty sure everyone reading this has at least tried ARAM once. Almost everyone takes either Barrier, Heal, or both. This destroys gameplay, and here's why:

1) Barrier can only be used defensively. You only use this spell, when it's already too late. It has no other use than saving your ass.
2) It punishes good play. Imagine someone trying to kill you with a flash+ignite. You use Barrier to escape. That guy has two spells on cooldown and no escape for a long time, for nothing.
3) It rewards bad play. Wrong positioning? Just use Barrier to get out for free.
4) It is crazy OP. It's basically +25% HP for free.

tl;dr: Remove Barrier, or nerf it at least. It makes the game boring and extremely frustrating.
I've got to agree with this guy. Barrier has its place in ARAM, but I don't think it should be in the main game.

IS1d0031a3c75dca85183eb

11-06-2012

It's taken on Proving Grounds because Flash is not needed there.
If it is taken on Summoner's Rift, that means the person had to give up either Flash, or Exhaust/Smite/Ignite.

ANYTHING that will discourage Flash+Ignite/Exhaust/Smite on everybody every game is welcome in my book.

Paprikachu

11-06-2012

Unlike Barrier, Flash can be used offensively. Things like Flash + auto attack or Flash + some spell, be it a summoner or champion spell.

1234511 ... 30