Morello Introduces Preseason Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harutan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSlappySlap View Post
you've got to be kidding me.... they added "Barrier"? I thought they wanted to discourage passive play...
how does barrier encourage passive play, if anything it encourages incredibly aggressive play, shield baiting, tower diving, etc, just because it keeps you alive doesnt mean its passive

Bladesk8ter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-06-2012

lmao so happy flash cd is goind up!

HiveNode

11-06-2012

So is this happening in the final season 2 patch? Or are these updates that'll happen later?

tRolo Que

11-06-2012

I have been think over the past few days of something that might work for league of legends. I don't know if it has been thought of or even posted by someone els, and I am sure this will probably get overlooked anyway but if a Riot employee and league of legend players actually look at this and think how it would change might be interesting for this game.

Here is how it works, it is quite simple! Make it possible for people to level their champions/ hero's.

For example Ashe if someone plays Ashe a lot they can progress that champion to max level , lets say 10. That person playing Ashe will gain experience when playing games win or lose, more or less depending on outcome and each level gained Ashe will gain attributes to help that class (Ad Carry) or even make it possible to select which attribute to assign like more attack damage or more health etc, there is endless ways to present this or ways the Riot team could make something like this seem viable. I am sure this would not be worth doing for ranked just yet but I think if you tried this on normal games first it might work for ranked later.

Also I really think most people are set in picking certin champions in this game cause of the what they can do to impact games, lets say morgana just for a refrence people play her because she can change games, what im trying to say is if you add this type of system to the game maybe just maybe everyone in this game wont just want to stick to one champion they will want to actually level each champion.
this is something that will take a lot of thought and q & a to make it work but you "Riot" team have the man power and the brains to take this thought of mine a bit further.

This is alot to read but if the community looks at this and does not pass this up I think this would make this game that much more amazing! Thanks for reading. and hope for some feedback!

Dark Night Owl

Master Recruiter

11-06-2012

Well that's some interesting information lookin forward to season 3 to kick off

ielts7

11-06-2012

Wtf, it means that we still have to wait few days for s3. END s2 now!

RayesMiza

11-06-2012

yay bring back the old jungle

S20G Treble

11-06-2012

So Riot's plan to get Flash used less (which won't happen) is to raise the CD on it...again. At least ignite's purpose is to counter heal, flash's only counter is flash which is why so many players take flash. You could always just make every other spell better so that people might actually use Surge once in a while. unless the numbers on Barrier get toned down a lot or the CD on it in SR goes up considerably I don't see it being very balanced either, that is if people even decide to use it, which I'm sure it'll replace Heal for the most part.

I do like the prospect of getting Item repathing and items getting additional options, everythin except the summoner spells section looks very promising, but seriously Riot, you can't nerf flash or raise it's CD high enough to make it less appealing unless we're talkign like Revive CD levels. Everyone is still going to use it and Phreak is going to recommend that EVERY champion takes it along with ignite unless your jungling at which point you should Flash/Smite. It's a nice idea, but the utility of it is way too overbearing.

If there was no Flash in LoL then game flow would change considerably because people would I don't know, actually have to think ahead more often, and I think that would be looked down upon at first but once everyone got over it I think overall gameplay would improve. In the end it's an addiction, and I think it would be much better in the longrun if it was removed and replaced by Barrier instead of simply adding Barrier.

MalSatori

11-06-2012

inb4 I take promote every game.

Just Call Me God

11-06-2012

cool