3,000 petition signatures later...

123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FistingPuppets

Junior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by funtimejon View Post
I'm not how accurate your stat regarding the time taken to play on the old map is. My games on the old map sometimes lasted an hour or more because of the fact that players could manipulate the super minions into literally committing suicide in the fountain.

Also, if you check my match history, 3 out of 4 of my ranked TT games took less than 30 minutes. The lowest was 21 minutes, and the one that was over 30 minutes was only 32 minutes.
I'm not making up those game times. Those are the game times Riot provides before you start a game... "approx. game time......"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

funtimejon

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FistingPuppets View Post
I'm not making up those game times. Those are the game times Riot provides before you start a game... "approx. game time......"
I know exactly where you pulled the data from, but when was the stat last updated? New champions were released every 2-3 weeks almost all season long, and new strategies and techniques are learned every day. When players learned that you could manipulate super minions and abuse the AI/map, I found games to be much longer than the suggested approximations.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phallicies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by funtimejon View Post
Speaking of fallacy, how do you know that "most TT players" got upset? As I started previously, there are millions of people who play League of Legends, and a small percentage that actually expresses their opinions on the forums.

To further combat your argument, I loved the last TT, and I love this TT even more.
If you're going to quote me at least use my words. i said "a large quantity" not "most TT players" and jon, of course there are people that like the new map(a decent amount of those played 3's previously)

I'm not trying to get into an argument about why riot did this or who's right. All i was trying to express is that this isn't twisted treeline anymore and neither will i play unless i can play on it. I was just saying my goodbyes and reasoning why.

And the good thing about statistics is that though only a small percentage is on the forums you can assume about the same percentage of people are going to be A)mad B)happy C)indefferent


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phallicies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by funtimejon View Post
I know exactly where you pulled the data from, but when was the stat last updated? New champions were released every 2-3 weeks almost all season long, and new strategies and techniques are learned every day. When players learned that you could manipulate super minions and abuse the AI/map, I found games to be much longer than the suggested approximations.
And can you kindly stop spamming my thread and arguing with everyone :/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aizuu

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Please don't take this as a personal attack, as that's not my intent. But rather than simply stating that you don't like the map and threatening to quit LoL, why not post some feedback on the map itself? Logically noting and pointing out a flaw is an argument. Posting your opinion on the matter is inarguable and RIOT will never respond to such a thread. So rather than wallowing in despair that your beloved map is gone, (which riot has already confirmed will not be returned) why not attempt to make the new TT the best it can be?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phallicies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizuukun View Post
Please don't take this as a personal attack, as that's not my intent. But rather than simply stating that you don't like the map and threatening to quit LoL, why not post some feedback on the map itself? Logically noting and pointing out a flaw is an argument. Posting your opinion on the matter is inarguable and RIOT will never respond to such a thread. So rather than wallowing in despair that your beloved map is gone, (which riot has already confirmed will not be returned) why not attempt to make the new TT the best it can be?
Ah, i have done that on multiple occasions. I tried helping them, and they did this :/ i pout for the 1500+ games or 52000 minutes or 875 hours or 36.1 days i have put into 3v3 to have it replaced by a map that's not twisted treeline but they're telling me to just accept because they took the other map away.

I'm not settling for a sub-par substitute, granted its in beta, but the concept has changed and fundamentally has different objectives than TT no matter how much better it gets, it won't be as good as before.

As a consumer i have the choice to not play, I'm exercising that right. You are right though it wasn't an attack thanks


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

funtimejon

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallicies View Post
If you're going to quote me at least use my words. i said "a large quantity" not "most TT players" and jon, of course there are people that like the new map(a decent amount of those played 3's previously)

I'm not trying to get into an argument about why riot did this or who's right. All i was trying to express is that this isn't twisted treeline anymore and neither will i play unless i can play on it. I was just saying my goodbyes and reasoning why.

And the good thing about statistics is that though only a small percentage is on the forums you can assume about the same percentage of people are going to be A)mad B)happy C)indefferent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallicies View Post
i got upset yeah like most TT players did
The only reason why I say what I say is to point out the flaws in your argument and to stop you from misleading other players to believe that the community really does not want this new map.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exqzr

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
You mean to say they didn't listen to you.

I love the new TT. I was not a huge fan of the old TT. I know a lot of people complained about the old TT...which is why there weren't that many players in the first place.

They did listen to the community. They listened for a couple years actually. You just don't like the changes so now you cry that they don't listen.

Seriously Geek?

Aren't you the same guy that argued with me for months that the Tribunal was working like a charm? You know right before they made all the changes that I and a minority of others insisted was REQUIRED for the tribunal to become effective.

And, it sounds like you played a few games of the old threes and moved on. Hardly someone to make a fair argument for or against.

Finally, no one with a reasonable position here is asking for the removal of the old map. WE (numbering in the thousands) would like a choice which map we prefer to play on.

The sudden and brutal removal of a map that has entertained us for years is bad customer service even if it is or turns out to be good business.

Stop sounding like a RIOT fanboy and put your thinking cap on.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phallicies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by funtimejon View Post
The only reason why I say what I say is to point out the flaws in your argument and to stop you from misleading other players to believe that the community really does not want this new map.
Do you not get what i've been trying to say? I never said the community didn't want it, nor did i ever say anything to that effect, all i have said in essence is that:

A) I don't like riots decision to get rid of TT even after petition.
B) A large quantity of players are upset(including myself).
C) I am quitting for good(unless TT is brought back)

That's it, there is no misleading, there is no subliminal messages, what you see is what you get. I don't get where you think i am misleading people, And as part of the LoL community, at least my small part of it anyway doesn't want the new map. Don't assume I'm not part of the community.

I know that's not what you meant, and that's exactly what you've been doing is twisting peoples words to suit your own agenda. If you want to argue with someone go to a different thread.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phallicies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
Seriously Geek?

Aren't you the same guy that argued with me for months that the Tribunal was working like a charm? You know right before they made all the changes that I and a minority of others insisted was REQUIRED for the tribunal to become effective.

And, it sounds like you played a few games of the old threes and moved on. Hardly someone to make a fair argument for or against.

Finally, no one with a reasonable position here is asking for the removal of the old map. WE (numbering in the thousands) would like a choice which map we prefer to play on.

The sudden and brutal removal of a map that has entertained us for years is bad customer service even if it is or turns out to be good business.

Stop sounding like a RIOT fanboy and put your thinking cap on.
Well put and i agree


123456 ... 12