Twisted Treeline Me Vs. Bots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Synthessence

11-06-2012

So, I play a lot of bot games. If anyone checks my records, they will see that I hardly play PVP at all. In a PVP centric game, this is a bit of a cardinal sin. I admit this. Social anxiety is my dearest foe, and though I am slowly killing off those damned butterflies in my stomach with more and more PVP ques, the vast majority of my LoL experience is against bots. I know several people like this and have met many good friends via bot games. We are by far a minority, but there are enough of us out there that I felt I'd give some feed back on the Twisted Treeline bots.

For those who don't play a lot of SR bot games (or, as much as I have, anyway) there are certain advantages that the programmers give to the AI that we as Summoners don't. They have passive gold accumulation, for example. They also occasionally see through stealth and brush, and though I haven't actually observed evidence of it, I suspect they also get reduced death timers as well. All of this is to make up for the fact that the AI programming is fairly limited, though it certainly can be brutal at times. For the most part this works well, but it feels a little cheap when you totally dominate a lane for a few minutes, go do a little shopping, and then come back to a bot just as geared as you, with only 1/4 of your farm or kills. But, I digress. No AI is going to be perfect.

Anyway, I just played my first Twisted Treeline bot game (my first one, proudly, as my other games on that map have all been proper PVP) and I noticed that the AI is very similar to the SR AI, though certainly more dynamic. The AI will try to capture both altars, for example, and will chase you away from theirs if they are close when you try to cap theirs. They also generate gold at a fairly rapid pace, which, given the pace and structure of TT, seems a little off to me. But overall, the AI seems fairly well done--I do have one nagging question, though, and I would love to get an answer, trivial or not.

See, in the SR bot games, if you lose a fellow summoner due to disconnection, whether system problems or just quitting, the bots actually accommodate your loss. If you lose one member of your team, the bots will pull back one of their own into base, so instead of a 4v5, they adjust to make it 4v4. This is an appreciated service, and one that makes perfect sense to me--if I am playing PVP, I'm obviously looking for a more stable environment, and the bots do that wonderfully. However, in my Twisted Treeline game, we lost our third summoner and to my surprise, the game then became 2v3--the bots didn't alter their behavior. This made for a fairly stressful game, simply because the odds were stacked against the two of us remaining. Fourty Five minutes later, we finally pulled through with a slim victory.

So, my question is, why does SR adjust for summoner's dropping from the game, but Twisted Treeline does not? Is that an intentional bit of design, or is it simply an oversight?

lxSOS Brigadexl

11-06-2012

you sissy.

Naokazu

11-06-2012

sounds like an oversight to me, I'm sure they'll address it.

SaveTheMaids

11-06-2012

It's something that they'll probably add eventually.

I've tried a couple of the intermediate 3s bots and winning becomes very difficult if someone feeds hard and/or afks... much more than with the SR bots. Unless you're using a champion with A to S class carrying potential it can be tough to win against intermediate bots 2v3.

As for your issues with PvP, people are going to rage, there is nothing you can do about that.
It's unfortunate but you just gotta learn to work with those people. It will make you a better player and you'll gain higher levels of patience. This is coming from someone that enjoys bot games as well... albeit for slightly different reasons.

I've mainly played bot games for testing builds and mastering champion mechanics.
Once season 3 comes along with its new jungle and items, I'll probably be in customs/co-op once again testing champions, routes, and build paths.

demonwonders1

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthessence View Post
. They also occasionally see through stealth and brush,
I've noticed the same thing. Even in a 2v3 you can win it is just much harder. One problem I have noticed and agree with is the fixing of brush sight. I've died multiple times to walking into a brush location and a bot sees me enter no minions nearby haven't done an attack against them just walking into the brush. Now there are a few items that give you sight over those areas as well as clairvoyance. None of the bots have had those items/abilities and I would get hit while in the brush by them before I can even get off an attack. This can cause more than half your HP to be gone if your playing a Squishy.

Problem: Brush Sight
Potential Fix: Removal of the Brush Sight for 3x3.
Potential Fix: Give them them the ability or item to make it feel a bit more legit.

5371EI

11-08-2012

Why did you wall of text me to say plz fix 2v3 bots?

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxSOS Brigadexl View Post
you sissy.
Whoa, we got a real hard ass here guys. Watch out!