Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessFish View Post
oooo, great idea. care to elaborate on the mids pathing bit? Is it worth having our mid tag along for that first kill or 2? Should i start cloth armor/3 pots/ward? Am i basicly invading if i bring our mid? Also, how is fizz with invades? Is he more clean up?
Mid pathing means where he came from to mid lane. Usually he will come from blue side if he leashed blue, and vice verse

Some jungler is extremely slow when he starts, so for example, if the enemy jungle Malphite, you can most likely take blue, then jump over the wall, steal red, and kill Malphite (nosmite leash on blue if possible in this case)

You will also have to go with boot on Fizz, ward is genereally not needed if you understand the enemy jungle path, and for extreme cases, tell your support to ward the enemy wraith for you.

Fizz just kick ass in invade and make the enemy rage as they can't escape from the fish with two movement abilities.

NamelessFish

10-31-2012

so i just got him today, and absolutely LOVE him.

serious question. Why dont people grab a gunblade on fizz? Iv been getting it -starting with the cutlass for slow- and it helps me secure SO many kills that would have otherwise escaped. Its expensive sure but every stat it gives i want. Spell and life vamp for sustain, extra AD, extra AP, and a slow ffs!. Yet iv never seen anyone ever say anything about it one way or the other. Why? o.o

So i was thinking. Would Sejuani+Amumu+Annie[tibbers stun] be as OP as it seems in a team fight? [also assuming u had the other 2 blasting away] Group stun,group stun, and group sit there and do nothing

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

The reason people doesn't get it on Fizz is because they prefer the instant burst style, which will make any AD on Fizz become a waste. However, I will where you are going with the build. It is viable if you can survive and pull off enough autoattacks

Full bruiser counter that, especially with Urgot as AD carry and Irelia as solo top.

NamelessFish

11-04-2012

Just got cass! ^w^

Any helpfull tips kenny?

ExecutionerKen

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessFish View Post
Just got cass! ^w^

Any helpfull tips kenny?
Make good use out of your Q's movement buff. It allows you to kite people

the E is spammable so Rylai's slow is only at 15%

always try to W the main path, and force people to step on it or at least travel the radius.

There are two skill paths, one is maxing Q, the other is maxing E. Maxing Q allows a lot of strong poke, while maxing E allows stronger DPS. Some match up forces you to go maxing Q or E. For example, if you are facing morg, you want to max out Q so that you can break her shield with Q, or when you are facing ryze, you might want to max out E and out trade him in term of sustain damage.

Try your best to keep your passive up. Especially when you are going E path, you can use 17.5mana to prolong a 5 stacks passive, which can easily save you hundreds of mana when you use other skills.

jamesmacca

11-04-2012

Hullo, just wondering who you think strong top laners are right now at a 1000-1200 elo level. Also, if you say that a support isn't necessary at this elo, what does the other bot laner go? Roamer? Straight zoning burst champ?

ExecutionerKen

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesmacca View Post
Hullo, just wondering who you think strong top laners are right now at a 1000-1200 elo level. Also, if you say that a support isn't necessary at this elo, what does the other bot laner go? Roamer? Straight zoning burst champ?
1. Jax, Olaf, Kennen, Vlad all are really strong, they can win most of the 1v1 and still be really strong at team fight

2. Mainly champions with zone and kill potential, Lee sin, Jarvan, heck, even Sion works.

lol intel lol

11-05-2012

hello, im right now at 1250 elo, have played like 200 rankeds but got stuck around 1050 cause i would always go mid, and even though i won my lane i couldnt carry a whole team cause usually my top and bot lane would lose against their laners, so i decided to go top lane cause i feel its easier to carry a team if you win your lane
even though i didnt play top at all, i have only lost top 6 times out of 21
my best tops are cho and garen, i have only lost 1 time with cho and havent lost top with garen, i usually try getting top turrets down fast so i can help other lanes,so i have a couple questions:
1. do you think that cho and garen are decent tops?
2. which tops are "safer picks" for the lategame?
3. how can i counterbuild darius if he buys heart of gold and gets health?
4. when is it a good moment to destroy the top turrets?
5. when should i play garen? cause i heard that his lategame is not so good
6. should i start with boots on cho or keep starting with dorans ring?
7. which tops bring more to the team composition?

ExecutionerKen

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lol intel lol View Post
1. do you think that cho and garen are decent tops?
2. which tops are "safer picks" for the lategame?
3. how can i counterbuild darius if he buys heart of gold and gets health?
4. when is it a good moment to destroy the top turrets?
5. when should i play garen? cause i heard that his lategame is not so good
6. should i start with boots on cho or keep starting with dorans ring?
7. which tops bring more to the team composition?
1. Cho and Garen are both strong tops. They both have really strong laning abilities. However, outside of laning, Garen falls of really hard, and the sustain from chogath's passive is often wasted

2. Jax and Olaf are always safe picks for lategame, due to their ability to do damage and reduce enemy damage.

3. Darius is counter by 3 factors.
a. Sustain, out sustain him as he doesn't have build in sustain
b. Escape. Darius doesn't have escape and is really easy to get killed in a gank
c. Range. Darius is a melee bruiser. Even though he got a pull, if you take advantage of his cooldown, you can often harass hard with ranged ability.

4. Usually as early as possible. A roaming top brusier can create a lot of trouble on mid turret and pressure dragon.

5. You play Garen when you know you can snowball early game, for example, if you see the enemy picking Olaf, most of the time you can win early game, but will definitely lose late game.

6. Boot is usually better, and you can get mana from last hitting creeps.

7. Chogath, much more.

Oyxl

11-05-2012

Exc.Ken,

I'm a fairly new player and not even in ELO yet, so maybe this doesn't qualify to get a response,but;

I understand your point of view on Support Champs (in the OP). I fully get, why you'd say that the impact a support has on a game before a certain 'skill level' is less than they would have in higher regions.

That said, everyone in the game, wants to be 'the' APC or ADC. This creates an imbalance, obviously, so what would you suggest the players to do, when you look at it from a broader perspective?

Your advice would work if you would advice players to take up a certain AP/ADC champion in a single player game. Since that is not the case and all spots need to be filled, a support is a 100% mandatory in any level of play. Perhaps you've been in the higher regions of ELO too long, because even where I am, at level 23, we try to devide the playfield in solo top, jungler, solo mid and duo bottom, with one support that doesn't eat CS. And that's simply the core of the game.

Saying you don't need a support in low ELO, suggests that a support doesn't add much to the game, but what you seem to ignore completely is that no single carry can tank a game of 5. None of them can do that. So if you want to have a better shot at winning, you want to conform to how the game is/should be played.

When the ADC wins, the APC also wins, the jungle also wins and the support also wins. If having a support doesn't make you lose more games, which it obviously doesn't, you shouldn't argue that people *should* play an AD or APC to win. Instead, you should say In low ELO,a good carry makes more of a difference, so make sure your best players play ADC or APC. Don't pigeonhole people into one role, when only one person out of 5 can perform that role.

If I'd been you, I would have recommended playing what you feel best at. Because that's what this game is about. Learning a champion, mastering that champion and feeling good about that champion. All other things like experience and winning, will come automatically, no matter what role you play.