How are you not supposed to be upset when...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kades

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate QA Analyst - Gameplay

11-05-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleorfeed View Post
teamwork with a 2-25 botlane is impossible and when its vayne with 20 kills thats already an auto loss
When someone tells you something is "impossible", it typically tells you more about them than it tells you about what you're discussing.

Or in other words, "Impossible is my favorite kind of possible!"

Guys, I got hundreds of these quaint little sayings. Keep trying to convince me that raging at your teammate is the most productive path to success. No two ways about it, ladies and gents: that's absurd.

Nocte Prime

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKillswitch View Post
This is 100% true, but you have to keep in mind, this is the league community, where people want to be pampered with praise and pat on the back even if they go 0 for 20
All I know is this, I played a lot of team sports growing up, played varsity soccer and football in high school, did club sports and intramural sports in college and grad school, and I continue to play various sports for the firm where I work. Teammates yell at each other all the time. It happens. Its part of team sports. If a teammate or a coach yells at you to stop doing something, you try your damnedest to do it. You don't go tattle to your parents or the principle, or whoever is in charge of the league.

There is a very clear difference between doing what the OP did and raging at your teammates.

KJNG

11-05-2012

i think it's ridiculous that raging/cursing is bannable. deal with it, the world is not a perfect place, why do we have to all pretend to be friendly and nice, it's just stupid.

Nocte Prime

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
When someone tells you something is "impossible", it typically tells you more about them than it tells you about what you're discussing.

Guys, I got hundreds of these quaint little sayings. Keep trying to convince me that raging at your teammate is the most productive path to success. No two ways about it, ladies and gents: that's absurd.
Convince me that what the OP said is "raging".

Kayleorfeed

11-05-2012

Quote:

here, make a 500 elo account and play yourself up to 900 then waltz around

500 is elo heaven, 800-900 is elo hell

and buddy, I'd love to see you deal with a 20-0 vayne

Killermajaro

11-05-2012

Ok how to stop feeding... when the other player has over 10 more kills than you don't take them 1 v 1... if they're outleveling out farming out killing you hug turret but if make sure to tell when they're going to dive and fall back if you die they're going to take the tower after you die >_> when running away with your friend and they're getting attack and you have full hp make sure you atleast do SOMETHING to help u.u all these things yet my premade low level buddies never learn :l honestly never and they just get annoyed no matter what i say i help tell them what to build and everything u.u

Demp

11-05-2012

Quote:
And "Stop feeding" is nothing but someone raging- in no context could it be misconstrued as productive.
What if they're intentionally feeding?

Nifty Trout

11-05-2012

just afk farm your lane
easiest while playing singed
farm all day erry day

Gibgezr

11-05-2012

"Stop feeding" is just awful. If that is the best you can do, just don't say anything. What are you accomplishing? It's like saying "stop sucking", it is in no way helpful.

SabbathViper

11-05-2012

Quote:
How is 'stop feeding' productive advice? That's pure rage, yo. Plain and simple.

You think the guy at the other end of the computer (who is obviously having a miserable game), is going to read 'stop feeding' and be like:

"Oooooohhh...! That's what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip! I'll just... stop."

Next time, try 'Bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "Hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and I think mid and I will be fine without the ganks."

Or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.
Unless it is obvious that they are feeding intentionally. However, in this instance it is unlikely that it is going to change their behavior. Therefore it is best to not say anything, and just report if you think it is genuine.

I suppose.