How are you not supposed to be upset when...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quaithe

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
How is 'stop feeding' productive advice? That's pure rage, yo. Plain and simple.

You think the guy at the other end of the computer (who is obviously having a miserable game), is going to read 'stop feeding' and be like:

"Oooooohhh...! That's what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip! I'll just... stop."

Next time, try 'Bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "Hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and I think mid and I will be fine without the ganks."

Or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.

Kades dear you have obviously not played at Low Elos. Let's not play the Riot Fauxlebrity card ala Zileas to petulantly put someone down? Fake outrage aside, he might not accomplish much by saying "stop feeding" but his frustration is a really hard thing for many players to cope with.

There are 2 kinds of feeders, those who don't know any better or those who are doing it due to their lack of teamwork and bad attitude,

skoal dear

Kades

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate QA Analyst - Gameplay

11-05-2012
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targareyn View Post
Kades, we both know respectfully explaining how they can improve is an unrealistic situation when a player is feeding THAT bad. When bot goes 2-25, it's because they're just bad at the game. They don't need a "pick-me-up" from the team captain. Be realistic
By the time bot lane goes 2-12, it's VERY easy to go 2-25 or 2-55. The issue is knowing when to jump in and help. By the time the lane is snowballed, it is too late. And honestly, when that happens in my games, I blame myself even more than I blame that lane. Because I could have helped sooner.

And every one of you has had a bad game. And most of you have had a game against a sneaky smurf where all of a sudden you are playing in a game drastically out of your depth.

It's really pretty simple. Raging at your teammates will lose you more games. Supporting your teammates will win you more games. Will it win you all games? Of course not. But it will win you more.

And "Stop feeding" is nothing but someone raging- in no context could it be misconstrued as productive.

Hey, if you guys want me to tank every bad game you've had with a player who wasn't up to your skill level, hop on. I'm good. Rage away. But if you're looking to grow, trust me, you win more games through teamwork than you do through personal skill. I've found that to be true at pretty much every elo that wasn't being visited by a smurf. I'm not even that great of a player from a twitchey skills perspective, but I've been lucky enough to have moderate success thanks in large part to the fact that I remained pretty even keel in my games and try and provide leadership when it's needed.

DontWeturself

11-05-2012

Quote:
How is 'stop feeding' productive advice? That's pure rage, yo. Plain and simple.

You think the guy at the other end of the computer (who is obviously having a miserable game), is going to read 'stop feeding' and be like:

"Oooooohhh...! That's what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip! I'll just... stop."

Next time, try 'Bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "Hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and I think mid and I will be fine without the ganks."

Or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.
I don't know, Its advice if your brain can connect the dots. My one friend said the exact thing to me when I was level 15 playing against level 30s(he was level 30 and my other friends were level 30) I was playing mid as karthus.
he said "stop feeding {insert my nname}" My brain immediatly thought, hey he doesn't like what im doing. I know the term feeding means giving the player to many kills. So that must meean he wants me to stop giving them kills. Then i realized my oppenet is a better mid than me. With my brain, I decided "Hey, I should adapt" So I bought some wards and placed them so the jungler couldn't suprise me. I then farmed really passively so he wouldn't get kills. I thought "me have 20-60 CS by 30 minutes is a lot better than being 0/8 and feeding the jungler 3 kills and the AP 5 kills. So playing passively is justified"

guess what, it worked. My friends then said that im playing a bit to passively(I was sitting at turret). My brain then adapted and played a bit more agreesive. When I died I thought it as a "I played to aggresive" and if I was getting less CS I thought I was playing to "passive". then I slowly tuned to the point where I get 90% of the CS and not giving kills by the end of the match

as you can see, just having a functional brain and constantly asking "what im a doing wrong and how can I fix that" you will become a better player. You will also become a lot better player if you take "raging" better. instead of arguing, do what I did and think "this player is really upset by my actions, I must be doing something really bad or he is misunderstanding something." I would then do trial and error fixing.

also remember that when you type, you arent playing the game. so when someone types something, they are simplifying things. saying stop feeding is a universal code of "hey, stop giving them kills, just play more cautious"

you see how shorter that sentence is.
stop feeding
hey, stop giving them kills, just play more cautious

during the time you typed the 2nd option, so many things could've have happened. thing of typing as "having your pants down" you want to advoid getting caught doing it.

tl;dr Adapting is what makes a player great, giving a **** player a happy rainbow trail wont do anything for them. they will just think they are playing decent

AznPrideFoEva

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoidSkream View Post
If you don't tell people they're wrong, they'll go on thinking they're right. Not that it'll matter.
If you tell people they are wrong, they will STILL think they are right. So its better to just leave them in their ignorance.

LiveSyndicatE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:

thing is that seems to nice and often ends with them saying stfu (happened to me a few times. Also as dumb as this sounds its shorter lazy people ftw)

Albend

11-05-2012

League of Legends

A place where being a dick is argued as being morally right because they deserved it!

EzrealTheSacred

11-05-2012

Quote:

your so positive kades (: i lol'd

Kayleorfeed

11-05-2012

Quote:
By the time bot lane goes 2-12, it's VERY easy to go 2-25 or 2-55. The issue is knowing when to jump in and help. By the time the lane is snowballed, it is too late. And honestly, when that happens in my games, I blame myself even more than I blame that lane. Because I could have helped sooner.

And every one of you has had a bad game. And most of you have had a game against a sneaky smurf where all of a sudden you are playing in a game drastically out of your depth.

It's really pretty simple. Raging at your teammates will lose you more games. Supporting your teammates will win you more games. Will it win you all games? Of course not. But it will win you more.

And "Stop feeding" is nothing but someone raging- in no context could it be misconstrued as productive.

Hey, if you guys want me to tank every bad game you've had with a player who wasn't up to your skill level, hop on. I'm good. Rage away. But if you're looking to grow, trust me, you win more games through teamwork than you do through personal skill. I've found that to be true at pretty much every elo that wasn't being visited by a smurf. I'm not even that great of a player from a twitchey skills perspective, but I've been lucky enough to have moderate success thanks in large part to the fact that I remained pretty even keel in my games and try and provide leadership when it's needed.
stop feeding is the most productive

teamwork with a 2-25 botlane is impossible and when its vayne with 20 kills thats already an auto loss

Darkvolcan

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albend View Post
You do realize losing a lane =/= complete moron. You lose lanes all the damn time, I can guarantee it. Your issue is entitlement, you just want too win and don't care about anything except getting positive reinforcement from a video game. Ive won games in which we lost all 3 lanes, because I acted positively and stepped up my game.
One thing is losing a lane. And I get that, it happens.
A completely different thing is, like my one sentence story on page 2 of the thread, bot is going for a combined score of 0/17 or so, they're raging at one another, we ask them to play passively, they proceed to feed some more, and continue to curse one another out at bot.

This isn't one game in a hundred. It's most. In fact, I've had 7 games in a row like this ever since last night.

This isn't just losing a lane, it's people straight up refusing to even try.

Xenolithium

11-05-2012

Quote:

Do you have any idea how many times I've tried this, only to be told to "stfu" or called racial slurs? It's even more fun when you're told to learn to play.

Bottom line; That being nice stuff, doesn't work, when half of the community are Anonazis who want nothing more than ruin whatever is left of the civility and fun this game has been hemorrhaging lately.

It's also always in the back of our minds, that if we do say something, they could be premade and might have you reported 4 times after the game is over.