How are you not supposed to be upset when...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whelk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaMan View Post
Well i dont know about you but when i have my game thrown by people who have given up and im going to lose ELO for it, im not gonna try to help them. With that score, they have past taking advice. Sorry bud, but not everybody is a respected Rioter.

Plus, if they are doing that bad, i greatly doubt they will take that advice and say, "Thanks, we should play passive, because with them 23 kills ahead of us, the tower will still make an enormous difference!" No. They will tower dive them, keep getting fed. Jungler ganks? LOL OK BRO. Sure, underfed and probably negative score from ganking bot jungler goes bot, tries to kill a 25-2 lane. You then proceed to get 2v3ed and you get them ahead even more.

Seriously, you have to realize that after a lane like that, the bot lane would probably just be afk in base waiting for 20 minutes to come for the surrender.
I have to ask, at what point in any of that does raging actually make the situation better in any way? You might have a moment of feeling better by just spewing vitriol at them for a bit, but that'll be quickly extinguished by the reports, suspensions and bans.

Why not just take a deep breath, try your best at grace under fire, and finish the match. Keep your dignity intact.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targareyn View Post
Kades, we both know respectfully explaining how they can improve is an unrealistic situation when a player is feeding THAT bad. When bot goes 2-25, it's because they're just bad at the game. They don't need a "pick-me-up" from the team captain. Be realistic
I've led a 1/36 bot lane to the enemy nexus and chunked it pretty good before they managed to push us back and win.
And this was after top and mid ragequit. If it had been 4v5 instead of 3v5, we'd have won.

ThisIsMinecraft

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
Next time, try 'Bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "Hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and I think mid and I will be fine without the ganks."

Or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.
Meanwhile, while you took the time to type out entire paragraphs to try and keep up team morale, you have died and already revived at your fountain.

Nocte Prime

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
How is 'stop feeding' productive advice? That's pure rage, yo. Plain and simple.

You think the guy at the other end of the computer (who is obviously having a miserable game), is going to read 'stop feeding' and be like:

"Oooooohhh...! That's what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip! I'll just... stop."

Next time, try 'Bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "Hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and I think mid and I will be fine without the ganks."

Or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.
How is that even close to raging? If his bot lane really was 2-25 they deserve to be spoken to like that. He wasn't raging, he was terse, which was an appropriate response. Expressing frustration in a manner that isn't verbal abuse is not raging.

If someone says "stop feeding" its not criticism, its an order. Start playing more passive or ask for help, but stop feeding the enemy kills. Most people aren't in voice chat together, so typing out an extended amount simply isn't an option. If you consider that raging, I weep for your prospects of being able to survive in the real world where people are often direct and blunt to the point of being <gasp> rude. If you can't handle that level of talk in a game you have real issues.

This is not the "raging" that Tribunal was intended to stamp out. This is a case of over sensitivity. Nothing more. If you're having a bad game and someone calls you out you just need to get over it. Bad games happen, and frustrated teammates are part of the deal. If you can't handle it, don't play team games.

Auricthunder

11-05-2012

It's pretty simple. If you run into people playing badly, you have several choices:

A) Give constructive advice, as Kades says.
B) Do nothing. Don't react. Don't type anything but MIAs.
C) Rage at them and get banned.

If you don't have the composure to take option A or if the person doesn't want to accept your advice, just do nothing. Raging at them isn't going to turn the game around, it's not going to get your Elo back, it's not going to make them stop ignoring you (pretty much the opposite), and it's just going to get you in trouble.

I have no sympathy for ragers. Nobody is demanding that you be a paragon of the Summoner's Code. If you can't say anything nice, just say nothing at all.

Albend

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvolcan View Post
Dunno.
My match history seems to imply 10 fails in a row due to an AFKer or complete moron who refused to listen.

You tell me
You do realize losing a lane =/= complete moron. You lose lanes all the damn time, I can guarantee it. Your issue is entitlement, you just want too win and don't care about anything except getting positive reinforcement from a video game. Ive won games in which we lost all 3 lanes, because I acted positively and stepped up my game.

Kayleorfeed

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reskk View Post
Exactly it is like scolding a todler. If you are too soft they will feel empowered and fight back. You need to be somewhat harsh for people to listen. I'm not saying what I said was right, just that it is really frustrating when you try to honestly help people and you get the "stfu nerd i play how i want" response.
have a nice ban bro

Reskk

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricthunder View Post
It's pretty simple. If you run into people playing badly, you have several choices:

If you don't have the composure to take option A or if the person doesn't want to accept your advice, just do nothing. Raging at them isn't going to turn the game around, it's not going to make them stop ignoring you (pretty much the opposite), and it's just going to get you in trouble.

I have no sympathy for ragers. Nobody is demanding that you be a paragon of the Summoner's Code. If you can't say anything nice, just say nothing at all.
Last I checked the tribunal punishes anyone who even walks the line of the summoner's code.

Kayleorfeed

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auricthunder View Post

If you don't have the composure to take option A or if the person doesn't want to accept your advice, just do nothing. Raging at them isn't going to turn the game around, it's not going to make them stop ignoring you (pretty much the opposite), and it's just going to get you in trouble.

1. they call you a ****** and you are reported for refusing to communicate
2. see 1

xKillswitch

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocte Prime View Post
How is that even close to raging? If his bot lane really was 2-25 they deserve to be spoken to like that. He wasn't raging, he was terse, which was an appropriate response. Expressing frustration in a manner that isn't verbal abuse is not raging.

If someone says "stop feeding" its not criticism, its an order. Start playing more passive or ask for help, but stop feeding the enemy kills. Most people aren't in voice chat together, so typing out an extended amount simply isn't an option. If you consider that raging, I weep for your prospects of being able to survive in the real world where people are often direct and blunt to the point of being <gasp> rude. If you can't handle that level of talk in a game you have real issues.

This is not the "raging" that Tribunal was intended to stamp out. This is a case of over sensitivity. Nothing more. If you're having a bad game and someone calls you out you just need to get over it. Bad games happen, and frustrated teammates are part of the deal. If you can't handle it, don't play team games.
This is 100% true, but you have to keep in mind, this is the league community, where people want to be pampered with praise and pat on the back even if they go 0 for 20