How are you not supposed to be upset when...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reskk

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zKaguro View Post
How can you not get angry? By not fuming over mistakes, giving constructive advice, staying positive rather than crying "GG WE CAN'T WIN" or w/e, accept the defeat and play again, as it's only one game. I've won a game when our bot fed a vayne 13-0, yet we came back and won through not being babies and actually just playing through the game in an attempt to win, if we had lost, we would've accepted it. So basically, grow up, there's always another game.
Except vayne wasn't the only one fed... 9-2 shaco 15-5 ahri 13-4 vayne. We weren't going to come back and the team refused 2 surrender votes. Both times the bot laners said no and the 1st time singed also said no.

JayjAe

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvolcan View Post
That's cute and all, except, realistically, when you try to offer advice, you're usually greeted with "stfu nerd i play how i want"

What do you do then?
you ignore those people and report them. not everyone is like that.

Darkvolcan

11-05-2012

@people saying anything along the lines of "be patient and report them for negative attitude," how exactly does this refund my unrightfully lost elo?

PoppaMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo226 View Post
How do you not get upset? Treat the game like a game. Winning or losing doesn't mean much unless you are playing at a tournament where thousands of dollars could be on the line.
Except Riot made the game to be competitive. Why do you think people play ranked? To enjoy a nice game, like they enjoyed playing pong in the old days with their little sister? No. Treat the game like its meant to be treated. If it was supposed to be treated like a game, there would not be tourneys that are competitive, now would there? Its like playing rep hockey or football or any sport. You dont want to lose. Sure, there isnt anything on the line except self satisfaction, but you don't want guys scoring own goals, do you?

RisottoNero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkvolcan View Post
@people saying anything along the lines of "be patient and report them for negative attitude," how exactly does this refund my unrightfully lost elo?
It's refunded when the feeder is in the other team. Or let me guess... you're the only one that gets them right?

Albend

11-05-2012

I care more about the people playing the game, then my imagined success in the game. Priorities.

Ethereal Muse

11-05-2012

The only thing that annoys me in bot lane is when they lose their lane in <10 minutes and proceed to send the enemy ADC/Support/Jungler to take down mid, followed by top.

Don't get me wrong, this really pisses me off and I know that they lost the game for us. At the same time, I just stay quiet and try to play as best as I can, in hopes that the game can turn around. You really just need to have a positive attitude.

ILoseByWinning

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.
So why are we punished with only having two options?
1) Lose game horribly because your team's lanes go 0-25.
2) Work your ass off to carry them to victory, with the knowledge that the 0-25 does not deserve that win. You said it yourself. CARRY THEM TO VICTORY, implying you need to do all the work while they can coast and earn a victory by being useless.

Why can't it be the other way around? Why can't the 0-25 players give constructive criticism for those "verbally abusing" them, since you think giving tips would be game changing?

A: "Please stop typing. You are hurting my feelings"
B: "OMG, GAME CHANGING REALIZATION! THATS WHY YOU'RE GOING 0-25! IF I SAY YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB INSTEAD, YOU MIGHT GOT 1-25!"

TweakJesus1

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kades View Post
How is 'stop feeding' productive advice? That's pure rage, yo. Plain and simple.

You think the guy at the other end of the computer (who is obviously having a miserable game), is going to read 'stop feeding' and be like:

"Oooooohhh...! That's what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for the tip! I'll just... stop."

Next time, try 'Bot lane, just play passive for now- we're letting them snowball. We'll catch you back up by midgame." or "Hey (*jungler*), when you get a sec, could you camp bot for a bit? We're going to have problems later if they keep snowballing from here and I think mid and I will be fine without the ganks."

Or better yet, if his lane is behind and you know they're not going to be able to turn it around, offer if they'd like to swap lanes with you.

But don't ever mistake "stop feeding" as constructive criticism. Or anything but what it is: the petulant whining of someone who is so self-involved that he'd prefer to vent his rage at his teammates rather than endure his tribulations stoically, help his team overcome them, and then carry them to victory.
This is why I have pride in myself as being a great teammate in this game. I never rage (at least not in the chat :P) and i prefer to calm people down then piss them off even more.

Darkvolcan

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisottoNero View Post
It's refunded when the feeder is in the other team. Or let me guess... you're the only one that gets them right?
Dunno.
My match history seems to imply 10 fails in a row due to an AFKer or complete moron who refused to listen.

You tell me