Zyra Support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDadyBlood

10-10-2012

Overall is Zyra a viable support character to your everyday player, not just professionals? I generally main supports and tend to well even with unexpected supports (fiddlestix, lux, morgana) but I'm still not sure about Zyra. Obviously she had been tried a few times in worlds so well see plenty of people trying her blindly so if she is actually viable for your everyday player what would a good build for her be? and any good lane partners?

Aqualisk

10-10-2012

She's viable. Her CC makes her a great partner for a strong aggressive laner. She transitions well into the team fights for the same reason. She doesn't need farm for her combos to be effective.

BigDadyBlood

10-10-2012

so def a kill lane more than anything else but wouldnt other lanes just completely dominate her? she didnt seem very strong

Goaticus Maximus

10-10-2012

I've recently been giving Syndra a try on support, I'm finding her to be pretty unique as well. It's all about the Q placement, but if you lead with R and then E you can effectively stun 3 people for 1.5 seconds in a team fight and then follow it up with an aoe snare for 20 seconds!

BigDadyBlood

10-10-2012

do you think this recent ap mids have been designed to be off support types? Honestly I'm really hoping for a real support soon even though they are running out of ideas for them

Mynt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

You have a good reason for not bringing a heal to your ADC. Lux has a shield in addition to high 0 AP values which is why her support works.

Ichise

11-05-2012

I play her as a support all the time. The only issue with her though is that even as a support her attacks back be a bit more powerful and actually take the kills away from the ADC. This especially for when she uses her grasping roots over a couple of seedlings. Not only will the enemy be trapped, but the spiked her seedlings shoot will target the enemy and slow them, usually causing their death and a kill for you. So, really, you need to let your ADC know when you plan to use multiple attacks at once in case they are not okay with you achieving kills.

Now, if they are about to die, that is another story. I love her as an support and later on in the game, with all her money saved up from the Pick, Stone, and - mind you I like to call it this - The Turtle Shell, she can upgrade with better, stronger items to inflict devastating damage end game.

Xagonix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aruri View Post
I play her as a support all the time. The only issue with her though is that even as a support her attacks back be a bit more powerful and actually take the kills away from the ADC.
My friend recently picked up support Zyra and like people say it's really not bad.
You have to place your stuff right though otherwise your lane is going to get pushed too far.

Valledia

11-05-2012

Zyra support also brings decent scouting/"wards" in the forms of seeds and plants.

DoeWinD73

11-07-2012

im starting a team with my friends and the only spot available for my was the support but i dont have it cuz i main mid, so i try zyra support and she was really nice. Seed for tree bush wards, root+slow with W+E combo, zone out with Q+W combo. you have to max W first for cdr and more seeds when they dive you just root +ult and let the carry get kills . when you finish the support items like shure and aegis you can get rilay for Q+W slow or you can make death fire if your team lack some dmg. Dont get ionian with shurelya+ cdr of W= full CDR so you can take magic resist or boots of mobility. i used her twice and we own bot making a support rage quit