@Nome mage itemization discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

urmamasllama

11-02-2012

i like this change a lot
so it seems you had similar ideas on what mages needed glad i was in the ballpark im really excited for this.

HaIfhearted

11-02-2012

Yo Nome, why did you remove the other reveal passive on Sweeper, and why did you re-institute the 2nd amp tomb?

After thinking about it for a bit, I actually think you have ended up nerfing hextech sweeper for Dominion.
The ability to check brushes with skillshots was a very strong aspect of the item, and the most recent change with the single amp tomp making it an incredibly low priced item only helped.

urmamasllama

11-02-2012

also i would like to mention after reading dannamoth's posts on thornmail, please don't remove it here. my hilariously awesome annie build would weep

but really i don't see thornmail as a problem here though i do agree with you that it is a problem that it scales on your opponent's damage

stormfallen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Hmm, that new torch is very interesting. AP, CDR, health, MPen, AND the passive % health damage? Might want to watch the numbers on that one to make sure it doesn't become a new DFG.

I feel like a lot of casters would take the MPen, health, and passive over DFG's active any day.

EDIT: Ooh, and the % health got changed back to maximum health. You better be careful with that Nome.

VoidInsanity

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
No, S3 isn't coming yet.
Basically, as it is in PBE right now, it works on a charge system.
The item gains a charge every second.
One charge is depleted per buff, per champion, per second.
For 5 seconds after a charge is depleted, BFT cannot gain any charges.

What does this mean?
If I am Soraka, and cast Starfall and hit 2 dudes. I will expend 6 charges (2 champs x 3 seconds). After 5 seconds, I will begin to gain charges again.
How many charges can someone store? That is the important question.

konfetarius

11-02-2012

OP items. What I don't like is that the one stat I wanted most out of these changes is on my most hated item now.

Rude

DiscworldDeath

11-03-2012

BFT can store 25 charges.

Nome, if I am Soraka in your example, and cast Starcall again, but these 2 champions still have 4 charges on them - will I expend 2 charges to fill them up, or will I expend 6 more? If so, it might hurt Singed for instance too much.

DiscworldDeath

11-03-2012

Both the Sweeper buff and the nerf affected Dominion.

I think we might need a different Sweeper :-/ just like there are both Grez's and Wriggle's lanterns.
The loss of the old sweeper's passive will change the map, and some champions' build quite considerably.

Hmmmm.

Glumduk

11-03-2012

Sweeper still has the reveal active. Even if the CD is a little long, it'll be up for most decisive team fights. 10% MS is pretty good compensation. I usually build sweeper on tank/supports anyway, so that MS will help me do my job better.

I'll just have to remember to hit that hot-key when I need the reveal in combat.

Tempestphile

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glumduk View Post
Sweeper still has the reveal active. Even if the CD is a little long, it'll be up for most decisive team fights. 10% MS is pretty good compensation. I usually build sweeper on tank/supports anyway, so that MS will help me do my job better.

I'll just have to remember to hit that hot-key when I need the reveal in combat.
It does? someone just said they removed the reveal active