Why must toxic players ruin my games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Radinferno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheistGuy1 View Post
We don't even have to go so far. You could be a great player and simply get smashed by one of those early game stompers (You know the ones).
not really. if you're a good player, you know who the early game stompers are, and their play styles, and thus you play defensively so they can't feed on you/play just aggressively enough that you get cs and still harass them, while being safe

CrystalisX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-02-2012

The only reason a team ever loses is solely because of the 5 members of the losing team. They all failed to overcome the winning team and thus lost. The blame is on all 5 members, plain and simple. It doesn't matter who had what K/D score, it doesn't matter who raged first as the OP suggests, it doesn't matter what trolls, leavers, afkers, intentional feeders that may or may not have existed. It is the equal fault of all 5 members of the losing team. This is why all 5 of those members lost ELO for LOSING

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-02-2012

CrystalisX, I actually don't really agree with what you've said. You're actually making the flaw of trying to relate the macro to closely to the micro.

In fact, I agree with part of AtheistGuy1's original premise that negative attitudes lose games. One player's negative attitude can bring down the whole team. I'd also say that a good enough player with a good enough attitude can in some cases calm down the player with the negative attitude and turn the match around. But on the micro level, on a game to game basis, even if you believe the team with the most trolls, or negative attitude, or whatever is going to always lose the match, you can still gain Elo in the macro level.

And that's where Elo is accurate: the macro level. You have to play hundreds and hundreds of games before your Elo starts to become accurate. It requires a large sample size. As I hinted at earlier, Elo works on the law of large numbers.

Play enough games, and the skill level of your 4 teammates will average out identically with the skill level of your 5 enemies. If your personal skill level is better than this average, you will win more games than you lose over the long run, and gain total Elo. This means over the course of a large sample size of games, not on a game-by-game basis.

This means, out of 300 games, you might win 180, and you're gaining Elo. But realize, that's 180 wins out of 300 games (and it's actually a lot of Elo gain, it's roughly 750 Elo gain on average). But realize, you also have 120 losses out of those 300 games. You could go on a 20 match losing streak somewhere in those 300 wins. But despite this losing streak, in the end, when you look at the big picture, the net result is a gain in Elo--it just takes a lot of games played for your Elo to start to become accurate.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheistGuy1 View Post
We don't even have to go so far. You could be a great player and simply get smashed by one of those early game stompers (You know the ones).
So... is Shen an early game stomper (or mid game stomper? or late game stomper?) now? Because you most recently had a 2/14/6 match with Jax against Shen.

Tell me, who on your team would you like to blame for that performance? You're literally the worst player on your team in that match.

Your mid, Brand, went 8/4/5.
Your ADC, Caitlyn, went 5/9/7.
Your jungle, Maokai, went 2/6/8.
Your support, Soraka, went 1/12/11.

Only Soraka had fewer kills than you (she's support... and you're JAX).
Only Brand had fewer assists than you (and he had 6 more kills and 10 fewer deaths).
No one had more deaths than you.

No granted, your team's stats as a whole weren't all that great, and even if you had a good game you still may have lost, seeing as it looks like your bottom lane didn't do all that great. But then again, it's hard to say, because if top and mid when, they can make up for a bad bottom lane.

And look, I'm not trying to pick on you for bad performances, but the thing is, you believe in Elo hell, and whether you think you deserve to be 100 Elo higher or 1000 Elo higher, it doesn't matter. You THINK you belong at a higher Elo. Meanwhile, it looks like you can't even win your lane in your current Elo.

Plus...

You picked Jax.
You took Exhaust and...Clarity.
You built Hextech Gunblade, which is fine, and then... Ionian Boots, Madred's Bloodrazor, and Nashor's Tooth... what?

Look, getting the short end of the stick can cause you to lose some matches in the micro-level. But in order to gain Elo, you have to be playing well enough to win matches when you're not screwed over with bad teammates (and if you're actually good, you can still win despite bad teammates). You're just not doing this. You're not.

You can't rely on your 4 teammates being good enough to win the match no matter how bad you play, because that's a pretty surefire way to lose Elo.

AtheistGuy1

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post

You picked Jax.
You took Exhaust and...Clarity.
You built Hextech Gunblade, which is fine, and then... Ionian Boots, Madred's Bloodrazor, and Nashor's Tooth... what?
http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/a...ction-Copy.jpg

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...58863#chapter5

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-02-2012

Did you really just link me to

a) A screenshot of a normal TT match (as in not ranked, not SR)?
b) Did you really just link me to a Mobafire guide?
c) Did you really just link me to a Mobafire guide for TT Jax (as in not SR)?
d) Did you really just link me to YOUR OWN guide that has 0 votes and just 2 comments (1 which is critical of the build, the other which is your own)?

I mean seriously... you can't justify your build in a ranked SR match based on the fact that the build exists in a guide you also wrote.

I mean, between no flash and no wriggles lantern, you have 0 escapes, and that very quickly explains your 14 deaths.

And guide or no guide, you still performed worse than your 4 teammates in that most recent match.

eLeeTeR

11-02-2012

herp derp

nanorine

11-02-2012

'ey, This was some entertaining reading. You guys should play together. Less troll, more gg. =)

AtheistGuy1

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo View Post
Did you really just link me to

Correct. You now have an idea of what I was going for.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

11-02-2012

Has it been working in ranked SR?