Varus [Passive] isn't useless

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

uJhisper

11-01-2012

You can snowball in teamfights just by getting assists or even better a kill, how is it useless? It does a good job with farm too. The amount of times he's passive has saved me during some fights is just ._. Surge works well with it too. Its just a giant explosion of att speed.

Toxinia

11-01-2012

I guess the complaint about his passive is that it only works if you were winning the teamfight. In that case it just lets you win harder.

Lvl 19 Miltank

11-01-2012

It's also easier to cs with varus.

IalreadyHateYou

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxinia View Post
I guess the complaint about his passive is that it only works if you were winning the teamfight. In that case it just lets you win harder.
Same thing could be said about Katarina. Nobody complains about her passive being useless.

TaIont

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by uJhisper View Post
You can snowball in teamfights just by getting assists or even better a kill, how is it useless? It does a good job with farm too. The amount of times he's passive has saved me during some fights is just ._. Surge works well with it too. Its just a giant explosion of att speed.
and laning phase?

IalreadyHateYou

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xoxex View Post
and laning phase?
During the lane phase, it works like Graves passive. Try to fight when its up and you'll have the advantage.
Kill minion --> Auto, auto, cast spell

Fire Lord Iroh

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IalreadyHateYou View Post
Same thing could be said about Katarina. Nobody complains about her passive being useless.
There is a difference being that Kat is able to deal massive damage to multiple targets at once. Varus can't.

Seadawg

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Housewife View Post
There is a difference being that Kat is able to deal massive damage to multiple targets at once. Varus can't.
Kat is also an ap mage that has to be in melee range to pull off her damage and her damage output is severely cut off when she is cc'd out of her ult,

IalreadyHateYou

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Housewife View Post
She is mellee and has no CC. Varus has 2 CC's and actually does a decent amount of damage. I don't know why people think Varus is helpful. What are you kids maxing on him?

odessa

11-01-2012

The problem is that you have to get a kill or an assist, and the fight could be over by the time that happens. Compared to a steriods like Trist, Ez, and Graves, Varus' passive/steroid is very lackluster late game.

On a side note, I think shifting around his kit a bit would make more sense play style- and lore-wise. Give him an on-hit passive, and then give him an active steroid, maybe with a passive AS increase on a kill/assist.