@RIOT NOME: Status?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlasherBag

Senior Member

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I'm alive, and there are a somewhat minor (but maybe impactful) change coming to Dominion next patch. I'm waiting for S3 to hit before diving too far, because it can potentially change how bruisers itemize on the map.
Good to hear you're alive! Sounded like they had you locked up in the basement working on TT's update. Can't wait to see what changes are going to happen with S3 Dom, w/ or w/o ranked.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VoidInsanity

Senior Member

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
IAlso, it's not just the armor penetration changes. Lots of itemization quirks as well. I don't want to spoil anything
We'd rather have the details over false hope. We have been disappointed by such things in the past, confirmation is a virtue. Simple yes no on some minor things would be nice. Example

Witchcap?
Other TT items?
Replacing healing nerf with "Vamp" nerf? (lifesteal is the problem in dom, not healing in general)
Making certain walls "unjumpable"? (to balance kassadin and the like)
Increased CDR cap?
Fixing the insanely high MR/low armour the creeps have (Seriously, WTF, there is a reason bot AD is dominant).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

Senior Member

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronAegis View Post
Everyone would like to know why Yegg just threw Dominion under the bus with no season 3 ranked.
I haven't been following the forums much, can someone link me to where this was said? I tried searching and it just threw errors at me D:

edit: nmn found Golly's thread - going to sit here and be dissapointed I guess.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

Senior Member

10-31-2012

For Christ's sake, people. Yegg said "We aren't looking at doing ranked *right now*". They're waiting to see how the itemization changes and stat changes affect everything before making rash decisions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

Senior Member

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
For Christ's sake, people. Yegg said "We aren't looking at doing ranked *right now*". They're waiting to see how the itemization changes and stat changes affect everything before making rash decisions.
He also said they feel that implementing ranked isn't the right course of action, and they haven't decide that they'll EVER do it. That's pretty harsh.

I'm sorry but there's really no 'rash' decision to be made here - Dominion won't get taken srs until it has ranked, and it'll hemorrhage the upper tier of players until it does. It's never going to stop being something pretty unique in the MOBA world, but until it loses it's 'casual' perception it's never going to grow.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AgaresOaks

Member

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronicleX View Post
We'd rather have the details over false hope. We have been disappointed by such things in the past, confirmation is a virtue. Simple yes no on some minor things would be nice. Example

Witchcap?
Other TT items?
Replacing healing nerf with "Vamp" nerf? (lifesteal is the problem in dom, not healing in general)
Making certain walls "unjumpable"? (to balance kassadin and the like)
Increased CDR cap?
Fixing the insanely high MR/low armour the creeps have (Seriously, WTF, there is a reason bot AD is dominant).
TT items have been confirmed to NOT be coming to to Dominion.
Itemization changes for the SR items are confirmed, so expect those to be ported to Dominion since they're pretty much core on every game mode. At bare minimum, this has been confirmed to include adjusting all flat/scaling pen values to accomodate the order change (and I'm 90% sure it's been confirmed to be more than just that).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbsolutePK

Senior Member

11-01-2012

Kind of a bump, what happened to the sticky threads? Are we going to be getting some new ones? Maybe some community created one?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

11-01-2012
3 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgaresOaks View Post
TT items have been confirmed to NOT be coming to to Dominion.
Itemization changes for the SR items are confirmed, so expect those to be ported to Dominion since they're pretty much core on every game mode. At bare minimum, this has been confirmed to include adjusting all flat/scaling pen values to accomodate the order change (and I'm 90% sure it's been confirmed to be more than just that).
Whoa, who confirmed that? Wooglet's is coming to Dom next patch, actually. More may follow suit, depending on how they test out.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

Senior Member

11-01-2012

Sweet. Was wondering if Wooglet's was coming over. That seemed like a really practical Dominion item. This will really help champs like Veigar and Viktor (two favs that I just can't get to work well in Dominion).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Whoa, who confirmed that? Wooglet's is coming to Dom next patch, actually. More may follow suit, depending on how they test out.
Morello did. Let me see if i can dig that up.

This is from the Twisted Treeline AMA on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...es_ama/c6tmetz

Quote:
@Morello, Don't know if this has been asked or answered already, but are there any talks of introducing Shadow Isles items to SR or Dominion, at least in Season 3? If not, does the slew of new items at least hint at the style and implementation of new items in the Rift? For example, Blade of the Ruined King has been cited by Kitae as being important to SI, but it's passive and active both have unique scaling and mechanics. Will we see any items that have skill shot actives?

Quote:
No, because we're doing a basic item overhaul for Season 3 - those will address needs there. These items were custom-built for TT.