eCommerce Question of the Week

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrettyBad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Yes, as I've mentioned a couple of times, rune prices are on the list to evaluate at some point in 2013. Rune page prices, champion prices, new types of content, summoner name changes, bundles, etc. have all been higher priority because of more player interest and/or ease of solving the problem, but I recognize that rune prices are pretty high on the list of player concerns.

When that time comes, I'll seek out input from the community on what the biggest concerns are with rune prices.
Hi Hippalus,

Let me start off by saying how greatful we are for this weekly Q&A.

But as you pointed out in your answer to this week's questioner, you mentioned a number of times that rune prices will be addressed next year. And thus, to your adoring fans who've followed your initial dialogue when you took over your current job, nothing new was learned. Is there a chance we could possibly get 2 questions a week?

For example:
1) Would keep still the most upvoted post (even if nothing new was learned) & 2) Would perhaps be a question that either you saw in passing that was a "good" or "interesting" or otherwise unaddressed or unupdated which would divulge something new to readers. Or for that matter just something you'd like to tell us about because to us it is an "unknown, unknown".

And while I'm at it, let me take a crack at a new question of the week because of this most recent question's lack of interest:

What factors in to the champions and skins that go on sale, and are the skins on the "unofficial blacklist" there for a reason or just by chance?

Thanks, and have a great day.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drewqt

Senior Member

10-26-2012

Hippalus,

I'm pretty much exclusively a support player with some jungle play. I love skins and I'd like a reason to buy more, especially rare ones. What I would like to suggest is a system that lets me share skins I own with people in the same game as me that are on my friend's list.

I've suggested it before and some people think it might cost Riot money but I don't think this is actually true. I don't play with the same people all the time, I expect most people have maybe 1 or 2 friends they play with frequently and then a big cast of characters they play with sometimes. This idea increases the value of you buying a skin because you can offer it to someone else. It also will give some players a taste of a skin and I think it may prompt them purchase more skins.

You are always going to have some skinflints (see what I did there?) who will never spend money on this game and they may get a bit of a "free ride" with this system but the increased utility and value provided to the actual paying customers by this system I think would be really useful to you. It would increase your income and customer satisfaction.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-26-2012

Have you noticed an increase in new-champion-skin sales since you started releasing just one skin with each new champion?

That is, do you think this decision was a good one? Many people would prefer two skins for the diversity, if there are suitable ideas. (Though we don't want "forced" skins, like what Senjuani has... where Riot just did 'whatever' because they needed two skins.) Thoughts?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBad View Post
Hi Hippalus,

Let me start off by saying how greatful we are for this weekly Q&A.

But as you pointed out in your answer to this week's questioner, you mentioned a number of times that rune prices will be addressed next year. And thus, to your adoring fans who've followed your initial dialogue when you took over your current job, nothing new was learned. Is there a chance we could possibly get 2 questions a week?

For example:
1) Would keep still the most upvoted post (even if nothing new was learned) & 2) Would perhaps be a question that either you saw in passing that was a "good" or "interesting" or otherwise unaddressed or unupdated which would divulge something new to readers. Or for that matter just something you'd like to tell us about because to us it is an "unknown, unknown".

And while I'm at it, let me take a crack at a new question of the week because of this most recent question's lack of interest:

What factors in to the champions and skins that go on sale, and are the skins on the "unofficial blacklist" there for a reason or just by chance?

Thanks, and have a great day.
haha agreed, I think he could just answer questions like a normal red thread.. browse and answer what looks important, what people ask a lot, what has a few upvotes, etc.. ;p


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MolleyOlley

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

10-27-2012

Hippalus,

I was wondering and as many other people are wondering I assume, do you happen to know when the Blitzcrank and Malz hoodies will be on sale online?
Thank you, have a great day!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xcroxx

Junior Member

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Yes, as I've mentioned a couple of times, rune prices are on the list to evaluate at some point in 2013. Rune page prices, champion prices, new types of content, summoner name changes, bundles, etc. have all been higher priority because of more player interest and/or ease of solving the problem, but I recognize that rune prices are pretty high on the list of player concerns.

When that time comes, I'll seek out input from the community on what the biggest concerns are with rune prices.
Hey Hippalus! I would like to know one thing... if you guys change the rune prices for something lower, the players that already had bought all runes will receive the difference between the new price and the price that he paid for?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

11-01-2012
9 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malrock3 View Post
Why have the following skins been unoficially black listed and never been put on sale?

■ Jan. 10th, 2012: Dragonblade Talon (975 RP), Guqin Sona (975 RP), Jade Dragon Wukong (975 RP), Dragon Fist Lee Sin (975 RP).
■ Feb. 14th, 2012: Heartseeker Vayne (975 RP).
■ Mar. 20th, 2012: Wicked Lulu (975 RP).
■ Mar. 23rd, 2012: Jurassic Kog'Maw (975 RP).
■ Apr. 1st, 2012: Fisherman Fizz (975 RP).
■ Apr. 2nd, 2012: Mafia Graves (975 RP).
■ Apr. 6th, 2012: Battle Bunny Riven (975 RP).
■ Apr. 18th, 2012: Blood Knight Hecarim (975 RP), Reaper Hecarim (975 RP), Warlord Shen (975 RP).

Seems like an awful long time with never having had a sale since they have been introduced. Is there an official policy to black list some skins? or has this just been a very weird and unfortunate coincidence?
Good question! I did not know the answer to this one but I'm glad I looked into it. Some of these skins were on a "greylist" because of uncertainty about whether they were eligible to be put on sale. Others have coincidentally just not come up for sale quite yet. I can confirm that there is no blacklist, and the greylist is no more, so if you have been waiting for these skins to go on sale, your wait will (someday) come to an end.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LonelyTeemo

Senior Member

11-01-2012

agreed!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Abandon Mae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Good question! I did not know the answer to this one but I'm glad I looked into it. Some of these skins were on a "greylist" because of uncertainty about whether they were eligible to be put on sale. Others have coincidentally just not come up for sale quite yet. I can confirm that there is no blacklist, and the greylist is no more, so if you have been waiting for these skins to go on sale, your wait will (someday) come to an end.
good guy Hippalus


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rampancy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

11-01-2012

Do you ever plan to add a feature to auto refund the RP difference for weekly sale champions and skins for the people that bought said champions or skins them right before they were announced to go on sale?