Absolutely no desire to play anymore...

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrShroob

Senior Member

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GON the Mage Guy View Post
You said it doesn't matter if you play with friends...so your friends are jerks too, or...?

Queue with me. Be my support. I'll ADC.
No, it's just whenever we play together, we lose. It's like I'm cursed. They can be on the highest streak, but somehow, something goes wrong.

Tried ranked in hopes of having a better experience, lost both times and had a miserable time.


Doesn't really matter anyway, I already uninstalled. I feel hopeless and with my depression I just can't deal with this community right now.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GON the Mage Guy

Senior Member

10-31-2012

Then, I'm not entirely sure why you posted. Were you looking for us to convince you otherwise? Garner sympathy? Did you report said jerks?

The best most of us can offer is someone to play with, or the aforementioned advice of mute+report. This might sound harsh, but we're not here for therapy, we're here to help out new players and help them have fun.

If you wanna have fun, then add some of us. Otherwise, I have no clue what you're looking for here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

chaser676

Senior Member

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrShroob View Post
No, it's just whenever we play together, we lose. It's like I'm cursed. They can be on the highest streak, but somehow, something goes wrong.

Tried ranked in hopes of having a better experience, lost both times and had a miserable time.


Doesn't really matter anyway, I already uninstalled. I feel hopeless and with my depression I just can't deal with this community right now.
This seems really fatalistic... you may need to seek medical consultation.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gotanychimsphere

Senior Member

10-31-2012

The nature of the game is that nice people are few and far between. If you go into the game expecting to get flamed for both playing good and playing bad, you have a better chance to succeed. Unlike WoW, which requires full use of keyboard from 3-4 rows of skills and macros, LoL requires 6 keys and is slow-paced as hell. Naturally people use the slow pace just to flame people. Also the majority of the top players are less than 20yrs old and rage constantly on their streams. Therefore people think they will be a top 20 in the world player if they rage like mad to emulate their favorite streamers.

There was this guy would duo'd with the president of Riot Games on his stream a lot. When he didn't duo and not be watched over, he was calling his teammates "****** kids" in chat and a whole handful of other wonderful derogatory names like how he wanted to murder all of the gays who are on his team etc. I only play bot games because I rarely see ragers there. Sorry but I don't want to spend my free time being insulted by some internet Hulk Hogan. I only keep playing because I like the champions. So I feel like you feel right now 24/7.

I also pretty much play PBE constantly. I look for bugs with new champs and skins. I play there because I cannot feel good about giving money to a company whose only response to ragers is "press ignore." I gave them a decent amount of money but it is too hard to endure paying them money anymore just for them to ignore ragers. The honor system is abused because people are honored for only saying "glhf" and "gg". Some "Honorable Opponent" or "Great Teamplayer" can be a complete ass but get upvoted just for killing people in teamfights and saying gj when a teammate gets a kill. The Tribunal is full of players who spout racial slurs for 1 of 3 games and are given a pass because they are not toxic all of the time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OliverTuddrussel

Senior Member

10-31-2012

I hate to be this guy, I really really hate to be this guy, but...

If you are worried about being matched with horrible people...you should be able to win if you are truly better than them. Bad games happen, it's no big deal. If you say "With the level I am playing at, I'm still losing", well you are losing to people at your skill level.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrShroob

Senior Member

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverTuddrussel View Post
I hate to be this guy, I really really hate to be this guy, but...

If you are worried about being matched with horrible people...you should be able to win if you are truly better than them. Bad games happen, it's no big deal. If you say "With the level I am playing at, I'm still losing", well you are losing to people at your skill level.
I mainly play support. A support can't carry a team... I can attempt to get my adc fed, ward, etc, but if my adc sucks, what can I do? Comes back to helpful advice being told to shove it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oddible

Senior Member

10-31-2012

First of all, you played 6 different champions your last 7 games, of literally all different types. That may be contributing to this. Hate to say it bud, but it looks like you might be the problem. When you get on a losing streak, hunker down and stick to one role and make it work and dig yourself out. Don't skitter all over the place in hopes that something will stick.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DrShroob

Senior Member

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddible View Post
First of all, you played 6 different champions your last 7 games, of literally all different types. That may be contributing to this. Hate to say it bud, but it looks like you might be the problem. When you get on a losing streak, hunker down and stick to one role and make it work and dig yourself out. Don't skitter all over the place in hopes that something will stick.
My last 4 games were all support. Nunu, Taric, Sona, Nunu.

My one win was as a mid, which I am good at if my team lets me be and stops trying to run my lane for me.

The two games as top were close until the other team began to snowball.

So, no, I was not 'all over the place'. 4 support, 2 top, which were losses, one mid, which was a win.

tyvm


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaalika

Senior Member

10-31-2012

I think they changed something in the matchmaker. In the past week it's been about 80% loss for me and way more troll/afk people. But that might be because since I got this honor ribbon had to delete most of my friends list because they all started trolling me by feeding every game then yelling at me and trying to get me reported.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

Senior Member

10-31-2012

If it's a community full of people that rage at you for the smallest things. Then that could only mean one thing. If you leave, then now they are sitting here raging at each other while you are free from it all.

If I were to quit though, it would not be because of feeling helpless or hopeless to getting better or a losing streak. I would quit because of the fact any one who plays video games is not fully following John Wooden's pyramid of success. Hell, if any thing video games are something that might make up the pyramid of failure, if such a pyramid existed.


123