Are there any planned ways to allow us to view our ELO again?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tonpole

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza View Post
Way to be a tool to the community, Dracius.

No one downvoted him because of the message. They downvoted him because he didn't elaborate at all.

A simple 1-line reason would have been more than enough.
If you want him to post a long, detailed explanation of why they're not planning on bringing this feature back, then you yourself (or the OP) needs to post a long, detailed explanation as to why they should bring this feature back. The OP's entire post was more or less contained in the topic title. I think a simple yes/no answer suffices perfectly.

Leib Olmai

09-24-2010

They already explained many time, they don't want normal game to be competitive like ranked.
Other than that they will be no real point for ranked game :|

And since normal elo doesn't affect ranked, there's just no point to showing you your Elo.

AllenTheGreat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-24-2010

Who downvoted Lima Beans >.<

Kadoba

09-24-2010

It wasn't really a problem before. We understand it was inaccurate but it was fun to check. Why are you guys so stingy with statistics and information about our own performance? (Not everyone likes ranked)

Ghettobarney

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
nope.
Then how about giving us back our normal game stats? You know, the ones that you guys said would still be there after season one, the one you guys asked about what we would like, which was oooh I dunno, almost 4 months ago now?

You guys are always all about how you want this game to be an e-sport and how you take all this stuff seriously, and then you turn around and do everything possible to remove any chance of competitive play in this game.

Faba

09-24-2010

lolbase.net

upload your logfiles and you will see your normal game elo

Ghettobarney

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faba View Post
lolbase.net

upload your logfiles and you will see your normal game elo
Thanks for the tip, now prepare to have your post deleted and your account banned.

Sorry, Riot doesn't want this game to be competitive for some reason.

Ghettobarney

09-24-2010

Bump.

This just bugs me is all.

hyliandanny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by irtrav View Post
But what point is there in evaluating where you stand to your peers if you don't know where they stand either? One could argue the same for solo ranked (fun, somewhat random encounter), but yet the rating exists there.
There is definitely an argument if one indeed is the sole person knowing where they stand.

However, people would not keep that information to themselves. Furthermore, when they expect others to be as good as they, they'll demand to know why the players around them aren't performing as expected. Insults can follow, based on verifiable data.

Duo ranked is not meant to be fun nor somewhat random. I am the solo player you're thinking of. The Duo Queue is not delivering for me due to the impact that duo players have on it; I have won every single game I duo-queued. That's not coincidence, it's not random. It might be somewhat fun, but not anywhere near the true randomness and challenging joy that DotA offered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by irtrav View Post
If it's a rating-less system, there would be no unranked ELO ratings, which would be an end to the matchmaking system, which would be more whining. The numbers there, it simply got removed from logs. That's all I (personally) want back. Just the option for those who wish to, to be able to see their own personal rating.
There is a need for unranked ELO ratings, though. Level 30 hotshot needs to not be paired up against complete-newbie. This is for convenience and to ensure fun through (projected) similar skill levels -- the internal workings need this to keep those two players apart.

Since you're talking about need, though, you have already concluded the truth: there is no need for you to know your rating.

timaxman

09-24-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettobarney View Post
Thanks for the tip, now prepare to have your post deleted and your account banned.

Sorry, Riot doesn't want this game to be competitive for some reason.
People like you are so venomous.