Ask Maokai

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask A Treant

10-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask The Magus View Post
Xerath shakes his head in disappointment.

"Nothing if wrong with my 'methods', it is just the nature of magic to be chaotic.

Shame really. The power that controls your land could have been enough to heightened me to near impossible heights. But if that is your wish, I shale oblige, until the power from these Nexuses are drained of course."
"Nothing is uncontrollable without time, effort, and the right skills." Maokai said bluntly. "If magic were so chaotic, then people would not be able to control it enough to perform any spell as intended. Further control would just require refinement."

He didn't seem too pleased-- although at the same time he couldn't have expected any less from the Ascendant. Of course there would be another reason to help him-- genuine concern in the Treant's situation was few and far in-between. Still, he said nothing about the Magus' other goals, what he wanted to do was his own problem.

The M˛nkey King

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Treant View Post
He expected as much. He turns to face the monkey, and then reaches inside the mouth of the face on his left arm. With a grunt, he pulls out what looks like a big acorn. "Oak trees don't produce fruit. Not in the sense you're probably thinking of." He says, offering the acorn to the monkey.
Wukong holds the acorn up for a moment, then pops it into his mouth. He tries chewing it but quickly spits it out, sticking his tongue out at Maokai. That's some weird wooden fruit you've got. He climbs up onto the tree's shoulder and starts playing with the sapling. You always seem so unhappy. Why is that?

Ask A Treant

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The M˛nkey King View Post
Wukong holds the acorn up for a moment, then pops it into his mouth. He tries chewing it but quickly spits it out, sticking his tongue out at Maokai. That's some weird wooden fruit you've got. He climbs up onto the tree's shoulder and starts playing with the sapling. You always seem so unhappy. Why is that?
The Treant heaves out another groan, but the happy sound from his saplings stops him from shaking the monkey violently out of his boughs. Seems the little one enjoys having some company up there for once.

"I am not happy because I exist in a state that is unnatural. I was near-literally ripped from the ground and thrust into animation." He says. "And it is not a wooden fruit, you dolt." Though, the Treant consciously chooses to not tell the simian how to properly eat them.

Ask A Treant

10-28-2012

(( Deep within the Treeline, there lay a small patch of grass untouched by the magics. How, the Treant never found out, but something about that small grove called out to him. Whenever he wasn't busy with being summoned onto the fields, or with having to deal with intruders upon the forest, he found himself retreating to the glade, which was barely larger than a circle based on his armspan.

---

He remembered the first time he happened upon the patch. In the middle of the grove were a small patch of flowers; barely half a dozen, in an array of yellows and purples. Something about the way that the two colours contrasted one another made him think about his past life, and brought up an immense sadness and anger in him.

He raised his hand to crush them, but stopped. His entire being shook, and he looked down at the flowers, then the hand that he had raised. Here he was, an abomination, something that was one beautiful, majestic, and serene, brought into a world of chaos and strife. Destroying the plants would be barely any different. Still, a part of him envied them. Despite everything going around them, they had remained the same. He had slumped, sitting himself on the ground with an earth-shaking tumult, staring at them wistfully. He wished so hard to return to his original state, to not have to be plagued by sentient thoughts. With surprising delicacy, even for himself, he found himself holding one of the flowers upright, which seemed to be weaker than the others. Wilting, it drooped to the point where it was near touching the ground.

"Don't give in. Fight." He had found himself rumbling. "This world is more than unfair. The beings here do not care. If there is no one left to care, you of all beings cannot give in. Then, there is truly nothing." He said. A tingling in his fingertips made him realize he had been attempting to channel the magics within him, and he drew his hand away as if it had been scalded. Above all else, he didn't want to give these beautiful plants life. He couldn't perpetuate the tainted cycle.

---

Now, the Twisted Treant, along with his sapling, were both carrying leaves with clear, pure water supported in them. He went first, slowly bending his leaf in the middle, tilting it to let down a cascade of dripping, clean water. The plants seemed to respond almost right away, looking healthier the moment the first drop touched their petals, growing only stronger as the water hit the ground. His sapling soon followed suit, turning over its much smaller leaf, getting caught in his downpour. It made a surprised, albeit happy little sound, shaking off excess moisture. The Treant, however, noticed how his sapling too looked a little stronger from the water.

He groaned, and fell to the ground again, just sitting in front of the patch. The trip to get the water had been long-- it always was. Staring at the plants, he watched as the water seeped into the ground, disappearing into a wet patch of mud and soil. Just watching this small, untouched patch of life flourish made his body feel like a crisp spring breeze blew through his bark, and he sighed.

"Don't give in. Fight." ))

(Le bump.)

Best Singed JLHS

10-29-2012

Hey maokai, what would happen if you used twisted advance on a played who teleports?

Captain Amatea

10-29-2012

Maokai. Hello again.

You are aware of the happenings at the Shadow Isles. I must break the silence between us once again and ask how you are weathering this surge of chaos. There are rumors of you being haunted...of you succumbing to a level of disturbance beyond that known to your brethren in the Twisted Treeline. Let me know of your condition. I worry greatly. Are you okay?

Ask A Treant

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zchee View Post
Hey maokai, what would happen if you used twisted advance on a played who teleports?
I believe it used to be that I would follow the target all the way to their Nexus. The High Summoners have since fixed that, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Mal View Post
Maokai. Hello again.

You are aware of the happenings at the Shadow Isles. I must break the silence between us once again and ask how you are weathering this surge of chaos. There are rumors of you being haunted...of you succumbing to a level of disturbance beyond that known to your brethren in the Twisted Treeline. Let me know of your condition. I worry greatly. Are you okay?
Ah, Shard.

I am aware of the happenings at the Shadow Isles. In fact, I am not happy about the changes that the high Summoners have made with the Treeline-- but I am still bound to it.

I assure you that there is nothing... wrong with what has happened. Merely... perhaps it was an act of desperation. I have been so disconnected and far from the land that I gave in to the cursed powers, hoping that I could better understand my place, as well as what is happening to my home.

I am still the tree that you know. You have no need to fear about that.

Civilized Rat

10-30-2012

And you. The other rats talk about you so...they seem to like you. I've heard they sometimes visit you and your plants. I wonder why. Hm...perhaps you know?

Ask A Treant

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civilized Rat View Post
And you. The other rats talk about you so...they seem to like you. I've heard they sometimes visit you and your plants. I wonder why. Hm...perhaps you know?
They do, do they?

I wouldn't know. All I know is that all animals play their part in the balance of life. Whether you're a field mouse skittering about, or the fox that hunts to eat them, all things have a role in this world.

Ebonmaw Dragon

11-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask A Treant View Post
Ah, Shard.

I am aware of the happenings at the Shadow Isles. In fact, I am not happy about the changes that the high Summoners have made with the Treeline-- but I am still bound to it.

I assure you that there is nothing... wrong with what has happened. Merely... perhaps it was an act of desperation. I have been so disconnected and far from the land that I gave in to the cursed powers, hoping that I could better understand my place, as well as what is happening to my home.

I am still the tree that you know. You have no need to fear about that.
""Changes" also called: VILEMAW DESTROY THE OLD TWISTED TREELINE AND KILL EBONMAW, so, the summoners built a new treeline at the shadow isles... so what do you think about your new friendly neighbour, the amazing spidermonster?(sarcasm)"
[RIGHT]-Gregorclaw, ex hand of Ebonmaw[/RIGHT]