Sejuani needs a bit of TLC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thessalonike

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
Actually, if you look at Raviance's posts on a few of the Sejuani threads, I think you'll find that he supports (almost promotes) a few small changes to Sej, including a removal of the stop on Q and some early game enhancements. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he wants small changes and speaks out against a large buff.

37/37, this is pretty much the stats you'll find as a whole in the Ranking community, maybe Rav is the only one that plays ranked with her and that's all we see O.o
Yea, you pretty much hit the mail on the head. Summoner Dunal? has a pretty good Sejuani record on a Europe server with enough games to validate his concerns. Although I believe he has the benefit of a duo queue and a team... and I am true solo queue.

Its not only that the changes need to be nuances as rickless describes them but they imo should further distance herself from the shield/sustain group and focus on mobility for survival.

I have recorded the details of my Sejuani games pretty good and with time 37/37 will be a memory. I climbed from 2-7 in placement matches to even the score even though I have 2 losses from leavers vs. 1 win... and 2 losses from a mid elo booster that wrecked my teams mid and snowballed out of control. So overall I am very confident I will continue to climb.

See imo her early game weakness is a myth. She can't dual so well true but all the rest is sensationalized. It is her inability to change the course of a game even by competent players and that's why she isn't picked at high elo.

She needs zero sustain, what she needs imo is a better way to slow and disrupt the enemy team with the skills she has. Removing the stop on her Q does this and it increases her damage capability without stat boosting, increases her threat without stat boosting, increases her play option without stat boosting. Increases Sejuaniz value without stat boosting. Without adding or changing her kit or play style.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thessalonike

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
She needs a small buff, I don't think she is a carry, don't want her to be a carry. I want her to be a good jungler, good initiator, and good support. I play soraka and I expect 1/2/15 to be a normal game. Why wouldn't a good CC/initiator have similar statistics? And a Jungle should have a few kills under their belt.

Let's see them posts. No more he said she said. Post or opinion, opinions aren't facts as some people try to claim.
I totally agree, I could care less if players lolking or log in and pull up my profile. I play her and don't want sheepish calls for sustain to influence Riot. I pray they look and see most of these players don't even play her and since they think Amumu and the lot is so much better let them continue to play those champs and let Sejuani players have a unique mobile tank that does not rely on sustain or damage to be a the tank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcticfury

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviance View Post
See imo her early game weakness is a myth. She can't dual so well true but all the rest is sensationalized. It is her inability to change the course of a game even by competent players and that's why she isn't picked at high elo.

She needs zero sustain, what she needs imo is a better way to slow and disrupt the enemy team with the skills she has. Removing the stop on her Q does this and it increases her damage capability without stat boosting, increases her threat without stat boosting, increases her play option without stat boosting. Increases Sejuaniz value without stat boosting. Without adding or changing her kit or play style.
I think the Q is a big factor, but I'd like to see a small cool down reduction on E (like 2 seconds on each level) and R (maybe 10 secs) as well. And a 10% buff to her base HP. This would allow for people to add a single AP or AP hybrid item in place of a full HP-Defense item.

These changes won't increase her tankiness or damage by much, but would allow her to be a larger factor. The goal would be to help sway the balance of a match for those with skill, not break the balance or dictate it like Jayce, Rengar or Darius of the past used to.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcticfury

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviance View Post
Yea, you pretty much hit the mail on the head. Summoner Dunal? has a pretty good Sejuani record on a Europe server with enough games to validate his concerns. Although I believe he has the benefit of a duo queue and a team... and I am true solo queue.
Yea, I've only played a few ranked games because I need a good duo too. The two ranked games with Sej I've played so far I went 10/1/? Solo and 1/10/? 5 player team. Sad that the full team did so poorly. Total opposites, I keep trying to play her, but even in draft people dodge or yell at me in chat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beija

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviance View Post
snip
You don't think stats

Amumu is currently sitting at 56% winrate... That right there is enough evidence for me to say, "Amumu is better." I don't have to log into a game and run a hundred matches each with both champions to come to a conclusion on which champ is better.

Picking Amumu is telling me statistically that I will win matches over a little over 50% of the time.

Picking Sejuani is telling me statistically that I will win matches less than half the time and her play-ability is really telling me to stay far away from her.

Your move.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thessalonike

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beija View Post
You don't think stats

Amumu is currently sitting at 56% winrate... That right there is enough evidence for me to say, "Amumu is better." I don't have to log into a game and run a hundred matches each with both champions to come to a conclusion on which champ is better.

Picking Amumu is telling me statistically that I will win matches over a little over 50% of the time.

Picking Sejuani is telling me statistically that I will win matches less than half the time and her play-ability is really telling me to stay far away from her.

Your move.
Like your snip and as you mention its what Amumu is currently at, you want to base things off a snap shot thats fine. You missed just about everything else, the important stuff mostly though.

Your percentage tells you nothing about how Sejuani works. How do you suggest an improvement to a champion to increase the win rate if you don't know why the champion is at a lower win rate?

But I am above less than 50% wins atm and I have 74 games ranked as Sejuani and outside of placement hell I am at 35 wins and 30 losses which is again above less than 50%.

See either way I, an absolute nobody that has zero duo queue experience is beating the statistical odds. Maybe if more people played her...?

Then again you are at 100% win rate with Sejuani in 1 game and haven't played an Amumu game. So either you are trolling or just don't believe what you say.

Pawn E2 to E4... your move


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mooseville

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviance View Post
Like your snip and as you mention its what Amumu is currently at, you want to base things off a snap shot thats fine. You missed just about everything else, the important stuff mostly though.

Your percentage tells you nothing about how Sejuani works. How do you suggest an improvement to a champion to increase the win rate if you don't know why the champion is at a lower win rate?

But I am above less than 50% wins atm and I have 74 games ranked as Sejuani and outside of placement hell I am at 35 wins and 30 losses which is again above less than 50%.

See either way I, an absolute nobody that has zero duo queue experience is beating the statistical odds. Maybe if more people played her...?

Then again you are at 100% win rate with Sejuani in 1 game and haven't played an Amumu game. So either you are trolling or just don't believe what you say.

Pawn E2 to E4... your move
The win rate gives a testament to the effectiveness of the champion's skill kit. As of 10/28, Sejuani was sitting at a 48.86% rate, while you're sitting at 50% even. providing a 1% margin for error you're still keeping in line with the statistic, while staying slightly ahead of the curve.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mooseville

Senior Member

10-30-2012

I just noticed, I wasnt even dignified with a RESPONSE to my giant wall of information on page 3. My assumption is either your stumped, or your just rude... :\


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TealNinje

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseville View Post
I just noticed, I wasnt even dignified with a RESPONSE to my giant wall of information on page 3. My assumption is either your stumped, or your just rude... :\
You quoted a dictionary.

Your post didn't deserve a response.

Maybe if you actually had the decency not to treat another person like a fool, the person you're arguing with would actually pay attention to you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mrs Heimerdinger

Senior Member

10-30-2012

I really just don't want her buffed. I'm sooo worried about her becoming one of those characters people ban because she's this and that. I enjoy her how she is. She does her job well. I play ranked with her mostly and I never do too bad.

I mean I would understand a small stat boost. A SMALL one. Besides for that I love her and everything she does. My vote is with Raviance on this one. He understands Sejuani as much, if not more, as even myself and I use her EVERYTIME I play LoL.