kick player from champion selection, honor system suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qwerty Nightmare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

Hello,
I am seriously disappointed with people playing (ranked) these days. What I am about to say might sound a bit odd, but in the end will improove the game experience of most players.
Sorry if there are any mistakes, I am not native english speaker.

Lead-in:
This is team game, but one single player can throw others game experience away. If a player is likely to be a troll or not can often be determined in champion selection, before the game starts. One of "good" players then dodges queue, saving others 3 from playing with that troll. This player then suffers from dodge penalty and the troll joins other game, without any punishment. This is highly unfair. Reducing overall game experience of all involved players.

Suggestion:
My suggestion is to create a "kick button" at every player, so people can vote them out. (3 of 4 votes should be enough to kick a player.) Kicked player should then be suspended for short time period (much shorter than dodging a queue) and a record about this incident should be noted (similar to honour system, see 3. bellow).

EDIT: This can only work in ranked solo/duo queue of course.

As to honour system, I would have few things to think about, not related to what was said above though.
1) Every player should be reminded before leaving after-game lobby, that they have honors pending and that they should appreciate one's performance.
2) There also could be suggestions calculated from one's statistics, (eg. ending with 17/3 and a quadrakill; having the most assists and low deaths (support); tanking the most dmg) highlighting the honor button of particular player.
3) New team honor option should be available : "Honorable Teammate - player you would like to play with in another match". People often confuse this with Teamwork or Friendly. Being kicked out of champ selection should decrease this number, with possibility of being a negative number. People should be also able to downvote a player after the game ends (Or it could be connected to a number of reports towards that player).
The Honorable Teammate could be a bonus option, meaning that one can be [friendly|helpful|teamwork]? + (honorable teammate)? simultaneously.
OR "honorable teammate" could be automatically included in previous three options.
And or selected as the only option (without honoring in other category).
I personally am playing for quite long time and through that time period, I collected amounts of people who I would never want to play with again. I sent all of them to my ignore list, thinking that I will never be matchmaked with them. Well, the world is small place and guess what happened. I noticed in a game, that a player is not communicating and behaving odd. I then realized that he was on my ignore list. From then, I always press tab and check the chat icons looking for players who are ignored. I played with such people few times now, having the same experience with them as then.
Based on these votes, "good" players do not need to play with dishonourable people ever again.

Private Waters

10-30-2012

Articles are not in use here. Find out were to put the words,"the, a/an, some"

Tengauge12

10-30-2012

I doubt this will be implemented only on some basics which I am currently aware of..

Think about it like this... If you're premade with a couple friends.. You can kick people out just because their wanting to play your role, as you might be being greedy so you and your buddies kick them, as while their having to wait a duration of time to be able to play all because they wanted to play a desired role..

Sure, this can work for those which whom are trolling, or being highly disrespectful, but this also works for them as-well...

The cons of this idea out weigh the pros... So, sadly in my opinion.. I don't recommend this, nor suggest it.

Thank you.
-Tengauge12

Devious Rogue

10-31-2012

This has only been suggested a few hundred times before.

Never passes because you'd get abuse, premades being *******s to the loner, people kicking just to avoid fighting against a tough comp, and people can just troll ingame instead. ("Okay, I took Soraka because I didn't want you guys to kick-ban me. Enjoy your 4v5.")

Qwerty Nightmare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Waters View Post
Articles are not in use here. Find out were to put the words,"the, a/an, some"
I am sorry, what do you mean?

Qwerty Nightmare

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengauge12 View Post
I doubt this will be implemented only on some basics which I am currently aware of..

Think about it like this... If you're premade with a couple friends.. You can kick people out just because their wanting to play your role, as you might be being greedy so you and your buddies kick them, as while their having to wait a duration of time to be able to play all because they wanted to play a desired role..

Sure, this can work for those which whom are trolling, or being highly disrespectful, but this also works for them as-well...

The cons of this idea out weigh the pros... So, sadly in my opinion.. I don't recommend this, nor suggest it.

Thank you.
-Tengauge12
I meant this for ranked queue, where you can't premade. (except duo, but that does not change anything)

Tengauge12

10-31-2012

Theoretically.. It's the same concept..

You have you and your friend voting.. All you would need is 1 person to side with you...

Don't give up though.. Keep coming up with ideas!!