Racists on LoL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Happy Decoy

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordAvan View Post
HOWEVER, as a fellow Brazilian, I must ask: WHY would you speak Portuguese when playing on the North American Server? If you have friends playing with you, you can just skype with them and that's it.
I feel like Americans, by which I mean both north and south, should make an effort to be multilingual. Many South Americans can speak English, but few North Americans can speak Portuguese or Spanish. The prevailing "whiteness" of the United States is fading, but there is still a lingering English-centric ignorance of other languages and cultures.

P.S. Race is a social construction, often based on skin color or nationality.

AG HäwkeŸe

10-30-2012

it is not really good to do that in this game
wut r u thinking people =="

casatore

10-30-2012

i have seen this happen and i am sorry that u had to be band for it, i understand u because i also speak Portuguese ( not form basil but form Madeira) and on top of that i speed Spanish and Italian. so most of the time i try to be that link between the player and help them understand each other, but there is always ( sorry if i offend any one ) that white trash that think because they are american they are better than anyone else. the only solution is to mute them and band them after the game
@supermeiko some ppl from that age group( like myself and my friends ) are not like that and don't think that is funny or entertaining to see this happen, so talk like we are the only once that do this, not saying that there are some immature who do this, but is not fair to put us all on the same "cup" so refrain of making us seen at fault here pls and ty.

the flail

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermeiko View Post
Problem is the community is destroyed due to (sorry if anyone here who is decent and under 21) the amount of "under 21" on the servers. I'm sorry but your Justin Bieber/huehueheuhue/4channewfaggin-9gaggin generation is FULL of TROLLS--
^This. In spades. Please do your best to ignore the children. They don't know any better yet. Although what does that say for our country's growth and future. It seems we've reared a bunch of little 54175...

Praddl

10-30-2012

Racism is everywhere. If you can't deal with it in a game, you might as well stay in your room and never go out, because simply saying "Please stop, you're hurting me." will not mean anything to whoever is being racist towards you. They are JUST words. So are the phrases "Give me some tacos." or "Report for br huehue.". Being perfectly honest now, I've dealt with many foreigners in MANY games and what I find is that the majority of brazilians do not care about playing the game, they just want to have fun and don't care if it's at someone else's expense. Not trying to group all brazilians into that category, I do know some brazilians from DoTA/HoN that are actually god players and play to win. The other problem is that when you speak a language other then english in chat, people just presume that you don't speak it at all and typing afterwards in english wont convince them either. Just remember that this is a team game, and if you don't communicate with your team in a higher level game, you will lose because the other team will most likely be communicating.

tl;dr Ignore it or don`t play, racial slurs are just pixels on the screen, you`re not even hearing them.
Solution: Just speak english on team chat, the majority of players only speak english.

the flail

10-30-2012

^Enabler =P

Praddl

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by the flail View Post
^Enabler =P
Enabler? For what, racism? If that's what you're saying, no I'm not trying to enable racism. I don't care for it, I just ignore it. Ignoring something like racism is in my opinion the best way to get rid of it, because they will keep on hating and realize that racism isn't hurting anybody and then it'll just die off.

Grin8869

10-30-2012

i think that if your not american and refuse to communicate with the team bannishment is just.. i hate it when spanish, portugese and other language speaking players come to the NA server just to play they have their own central america server they can play on they ruin winning chances and cant communicate with a team this game is team based not very often does one person make the whole game a win

the flail

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praddl View Post
Enabler? For what, racism? If that's what you're saying, no I'm not trying to enable racism. I don't care for it, I just ignore it. Ignoring something like racism is in my opinion the best way to get rid of it, because they will keep on hating and realize that racism isn't hurting anybody and then it'll just die off.
Lol, just a joke, I get where your coming from and respect it, it's just that there's not enough of us who can just ignore it all (sometimes for good reason). Personally, I think actively promoting acceptance and diversity while quelling racist thought process with reason is the best way to go about it (such as the person who started this thread).

Niiko The Goat

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grin8869 View Post
i think that if your not american and refuse to communicate with the team bannishment is just.. i hate it when spanish, portugese and other language speaking players come to the NA server just to play they have their own central america server they can play on they ruin winning chances and cant communicate with a team this game is team based not very often does one person make the whole game a win
What're you talking about, there's no such thing as a "central america" server, there's only a Brazil server and they speak Portuguese, while the whole rest of Latin America speaks Spanish.