Olaf Builds ~

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerzs

10-30-2012

Aight, just like last time, I want to kindly ask the dominion community on what your Olaf:
Skill build/Masteries/Runes/Builds are ~
Special thanks to people who take the time to read and reply~

ricedream5

10-30-2012

IE + 4 crit cloaks. Press r, ghost, kill everything.

inFe eD

10-30-2012

r, q, e, w.

w can be maxed over e if needed for bot lane.

9/21

standard arpen bruiser masteries

tabi/ionian ghostblade trinity exec maw/atma's cleaver/LW

maw or atma's depending on enemy team's damage spread.

cleaver gives similar or greater arpen for olaf compared to LW until enemy tanks start building upwards of 200 armor.

IE is also an option for bot lane depending on matchup.

Mallet is never a good idea, simply because it is strictly inferior to Trinity in almost every way imaginable.

FOODFOOD

10-30-2012

Honestly, I he may be the only AD bruiser I'd say you don't need a Last Whisper on (until S3 when they change how Arpen works). His Armor Pen from his ult is great coupled with a Brutalizer. Obviously if your opponent has 200+ armor, get that LW.

A12MO12

10-31-2012

tanky, lots of health, armor pen and some lifesteal.

armor pen reds > flat armor yellows > MR per level blues and either armor or health quints

Skill order: r > q > e > w

9-21-0

EDIT: I saw infe ed's post on mallet < Trinity, and it's true if your goal is to output more damage. Mallet is more useful for staying alive longer and stalemating lane which is the purpose of the way i build olaf.

Items
vs ad
frozen mallet, sanguine/executioners/zekes ,wardens, frozen heart, LW and ninja tabi

vs ap
frozen mallet, FoN, zekes/executioner/sanguine, maw, LW , merc treads

basically you want to max the axe because it has low CD, high base dmg, almost kills a minion wave at max rank due to high base dmg, olaf's only CC.

pretty much you can clear big ass creep waves, are tanky as hell to survive ganks, got some sustain to survive in lane and you got slows from mallet and axes to help during ganks.

I really like zekes and Frozen heart on him because of CDR, mana for spamming axes and health. Ghostblade can also be built and later sold for LW if they get a lot of armor.

his worst match ups are probably vs AP champs especially nunu and ranged champs especially urgot.

You can stale mate vs ad carries because axes + true dmg clear minion waves instantly and if they try and harass axe deals about 300 dmg or so at max rank.Also they might proc wardens while you clear their creep wave and this leads to an axe in their grill.

Panzerzs

11-01-2012

Thanks =)

Veni13

11-01-2012

Yay, an Olaf build thread! I was thinking of making one myself, as he seems pretty good. Thanks

cocacolalips

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricedream5 View Post
IE + 4 crit cloaks. Press r, ghost, kill everything.
I faced a DPS Olaf as Tryndamere a few times, and he's quite wild !
Mad deeps !
That passive.

MrJiff

11-04-2012

Wow, i've been playing olaf for a long time now and i gotta say the best setup ive had with him is:
Flat AD runes all around. (makes ur axe toss deal uber dmg)
here is my build order--
Prospectors blade + 2x potion + boot
---> The Brutalizer
-------> Ionian Boots of Lucidity
-----------> Kindlegem
--------------->Youmuu's Ghostblade
-------------------> Zeke's Herald
-----------------------> Phage
--------------------------> Frozen Mallet
-----------------------------> Atma's Impaler

Note: Prospectors blade can be replaced with anything u want to give that extra umph.. or survivability.. depends on who you're facing. I typically lane bot with this build too and i win most of my games.

Note2: Obviously i wouldn't get the same items every game, this is a very cookie cutter build you'll have to adapt to your scenario. Most of the time i only switch out what boots i get or if i get a survivability item like Odyn's or Thornmail.

Nothing like hitting that R, casting that ghostblade, and smashing faces. Throwing that axe over and over to slow and dmg someone to death + true dmg, Olaf is a true terror.

Edit: You'll want to max your axe toss first followed by your true damage spell, then your ult and your life steal spell.

AMonkeyCourier

11-04-2012

Max CDR, spam 0 CD axes for highest DPS in the game.