Sejuani needs a bit of TLC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kamikazplatypus

Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalimStripper View Post
I disagree with all of this. First. If Sejuani were to be buffed she would be overpowered. She's one of the only characters that is actually balanced. She does her job fine, in fact, better if you really think about it. She has a 2 second stun into a 70% slow and it's all AoE. Permafrost is not a "measly 350" It's a full blown 1000. If anyone within 1000 range has frost she can permafrost them. Nothing is wrong with her at all. Just play her properly, build her properly, and stop trying to make one of the only balanced characters overpowered.
i agree with her being balanced with the exception of one thing, her first few jungle clears are garbage if you can get some ganks on solo lanes pre lvl 6 it isnt really a problem but if your lanes are pushing/too hard or risky to gank then you will fall behind which is a real problem when trying to play her competitively (solo queue for example) because of the lack of communication between players. I like to play sejuani when i have some friends playing with me that way i know i can get some early ganks in and actually be an asset to the team but once late game hits and i get 40% cdr and tank items i am basically indestructible and a nuiscance to the other team and if any of the buffs from op and others where implemented she would be soooo broken


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcticfury

Senior Member

10-30-2012

She needs a small buff, I don't think she is a carry, don't want her to be a carry. I want her to be a good jungler, good initiator, and good support. I play soraka and I expect 1/2/15 to be a normal game. Why wouldn't a good CC/initiator have similar statistics? And a Jungle should have a few kills under their belt.

Let's see them posts. No more he said she said. Post or opinion, opinions aren't facts as some people try to claim.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mooseville

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
She needs a small buff, I don't think she is a carry, don't want her to be a carry. I want her to be a good jungler, good initiator, and good support. I play soraka and I expect 1/2/15 to be a normal game. Why wouldn't a good CC/initiator have similar statistics? And a Jungle should have a few kills under their belt.

Let's see them posts. No more he said she said. Post or opinion, opinions are facts as some people try to claim.
Nothing wrong with that, she's just supposed to have a presence. In her current state, It's not really there. Also, I love the little "opinion" quote. Nothing beats cold hard facts


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcticfury

Senior Member

10-30-2012

I updated an error "opinions aren't facts"


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beija

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Ignoring statistics doesn't make a person any better than he/she claims. If Sejuani is doing poor across the board; these "Pros" aren't doing a good of a job as they claim.

It's not a matter of individual skill. RIOT can't say "Herp, team comp." When in reality; there are champions who are just sluggish and it isn't their fault.

The metagame forces some champions to be better choices than others and Sejuani has received the short end of the stick.

Anyone can learn a champ and wreck havoc with them.

It means nothing when a player picks a superior champ in all aspects.

TL;DR: Buff Sejuani.

/thread


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mooseville

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beija View Post
Ignoring statistics doesn't make a person any better than he/she claims. If Sejuani is doing poor across the board; these "Pros" aren't doing a good of a job as they claim.

It's not a matter of individual skill. RIOT can't say "Herp, team comp." When in reality; there are champions who are just sluggish and it isn't their fault.

The metagame forces some champions to be better choices than others and Sejuani has received the short end of the stick.

Anyone can learn a champ and wreck havoc with them.

It means nothing when a player picks a superior champ in all aspects.

TL;DR: Buff Sejuani.

/thread
This is a big point that I was trying to make. If there are so many people better at doing what Sejuani does, they why would you pick her in the first place? Sej has nice potential to be a great middleclass champion (because there are champs that have better kits overall) but she needs that little push to get her over the hump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beija

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
She needs a small buff, I don't think she is a carry, don't want her to be a carry. I want her to be a good jungler, good initiator, and good support. I play soraka and I expect 1/2/15 to be a normal game. Why wouldn't a good CC/initiator have similar statistics? And a Jungle should have a few kills under their belt.

Let's see them posts. No more he said she said. Post or opinion, opinions aren't facts as some people try to claim.
That's your problem

Sejuani in a nutshell:

* Excellent Initiator
* So-So Jungler AND blue dependent
* Push Bot
* Item dependent
* Useless after Ult

Why would I ever pick her? Shes lackluster in a lot of areas where a champ would be considered viable on a team. She loses stun after ult, she loses scaling after ult. There are many tanks who retains all their CC tools after ult(Leona, Alistar, Amumu) while Sejuani loses hers..

I feel RIOT really put too much persistence on her initiation and completely shaded out everything else that would make a tank... Well a tank.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcticfury

Senior Member

10-30-2012

2 hours and no links to support false claims (saw that coming), I'll check in later.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mooseville

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
2 hours and no links to support false claims (saw that coming), I'll check in later.
To be fair, I Lolking'd the Raviance guy that I was going at it with. In ranked he almost exclusively plays Sejuani, and he's currently at a 1201 ELO rating. So, at least you could look at any of his previous games (he litterally only plays Sej, with a 50% win rate 37/37).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcticfury

Senior Member

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseville View Post
To be fair, I Lolking'd the Raviance guy that I was going at it with. In ranked he almost exclusively plays Sejuani, and he's currently at a 1201 ELO rating. So, at least you could look at any of his previous games (he litterally only plays Sej, with a 50% win rate 37/37).
Actually, if you look at Raviance's posts on a few of the Sejuani threads, I think you'll find that he supports (almost promotes) a few small changes to Sej, including a removal of the stop on Q and some early game enhancements. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he wants small changes and speaks out against a large buff.

37/37, this is pretty much the stats you'll find as a whole in the Ranking community, maybe Rav is the only one that plays ranked with her and that's all we see O.o