Racists on LoL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crustededge

10-29-2012

I believe there should be peace in the world and everyone should get a puppy when they are sad for free and we should all be millionaires. Oh wait...you mean we are each responsible for our own actions and if someone chooses to be a dbag we have the choice to get offended or simply ignore them...GASP, who knew?

I dont care what language you speak on the NA servers but there are a few abreviations that should be followed no matter what you speak. TOP BOT MID FOLLOW MIA DRAG BARON BACKING if you know those use them if not go to a different server end of story. This game is too fast paced for me to google translate wtf youre trying to say.

QQArmedAndReady

10-29-2012

Racists are everywhere everywhere ,just ignore them =3

Jonheath291

10-29-2012

In a game that requires communication to win, everyone needs to understand each other. It's frustrating when your the only person that speaks a language and the four other people (speaking another language) get mad at you for not doing what they supposedly said to do in their native tongue.

That being said, it doesn't call for racist remarks. That is never acceptable.

Artanog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

We pick on you because HUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEHUEJAJAJAJAJJAJAJAJAJA

Zéfiro

10-29-2012

They create stereotypes around brazilians. I'm brazilian and whenever i speak on chat to some of my friends (its rarely because we re always on skype/raidcall) they say: "OH NO, MEXICANS!!! GIBE ME SOME TACOS!"
And because of that ****ing video of mordekaiser everytime they see a brazilian in game they start spamming the damn "HUEHUEHUEHUE BR". Its annoying. The most interesting part is that the player who is offending us is the bad one in the team.

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanog View Post
How to not get racially insulted:

1. Speak English on English servers.
The English servers, also known as the EUW servers, are in England.
You are on the North American server, not the English server.

Furfur Shax

Recruiter

10-29-2012

Well, honestly racism and watnot are prevalent in 90% of all types of videos games. Console and PC, honestly the best way to fix this situation is to mute/ignore them. When the game ends, just go and report them for it. Nuff said.

Also, many NA players believe that there are other servers for foreign players. So speaking Portuguese won't help at all since the majority of the players speak English. As well, speaking another language can at times seem a bit rude to some players, because they feel that you are too good to speak to them and watnot.

Just a thought, sorry that u have to deal with this sort of thing.

Niiko The Goat

10-29-2012

First, Mexico is not a part of South America, it's part of North America, Tacos and Burritos are Mexican food, not Southamerican nor Latinamerican food, just Mexican. America is one whole continent, from Canada to Chile/Argentina divided into 3 subcontinents (North, Central and South America) plus the Caribbean. Also North America has 3 countries, one that speaks English (and has a lot of racial and cultural diversity), one that speaks Spanish and one that's divided between English and French speakers, so don't get too crazy with the whole "NA server only English".

With that said, it does piss me off when some of my friends can't communicate at all and don't even try to learn enough English for this kind of situations, but, there's not a Spanish South America server, there's the Brazil one but they speak Portuguese and they're the only ones in SA and CA to do so. Also, it's just a matter of how is the competitive scene like and the population of the server, the NA server has so many more people that is more interesting to play there.

I think the main reason why most "non-English speakers" play not that great is because they don't research about the game, they don't read guides, they don't learn about the meta and this is a game that requires that you dedicate some time to study it and most (and the best) resources are wrote in English, so you'll find they'll just play however they want, choosing a champion and going whichever lane the feel like and building however they feel like, some of my friends are lv. 20 already and have no idea what a ward is nor how do they work, what's a support or a carry, one of them learned only at lv.17 how to use a potion, they don't know about passives or actives, etc. so I understand all of your frustration, but still, that doesn't mean that you need to get all racist or even if is one of your fellow English speakers you don't need to rage and insult them either, it's a competitive game but it doesn't have your life nor your money on the line.

Dintercessor

10-30-2012

I think stereotyping is not correct in this case. So don't call americans, brazilians or canadians are racist, and so on. So lets just do self-introspection if you have been racist sometimes, and fix it. everyone will be happy

LordAvan

10-30-2012

As a Brazilian badmanner player (I even got suspended two days ago), I have to agree with the OP.

HOWEVER, as a fellow Brazilian, I must ask: WHY would you speak Portuguese when playing on the North American Server? If you have friends playing with you, you can just skype with them and that's it.

Of course, there is no point in being a ******bag and calling people "nerdy mexicans, go get a job you fking useless trash" like I've seen already, but when in Rome, do as the Romans do. In other words, if you still intend to play NA, you should speak English. And that's about it.