Impressions of Elise on Dom

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

I prefer the Mpen build, so Ring>Sorc Shoes>Guise into CDR tank. Her ratio on Q is really really bad, but it's base damage output is deceptively high because part of it is hidden in the % damage. Lets say you hit a 2k Hp target with Rank 5 Human-form Q with 50 AP(Guise+Ring). The target has no MR for math-sake, you just dealt 410 damage. 1.5k HP is the usual squishy HP, so you are dealing 365 damage at that point.

This primary issue i have is that none of her damage skills have scaling cooldowns and they are somewhat high. W is also not really reliable damage, as it will usually snag a tank or frontliner before reaching a target you want. I DO, however, enjoy the fact that it skitters around walls. That to me is a really neat mechanic.

Rapid99

10-30-2012

My issue with builds that use Sorcerors Shoes and other forms of early magic penetration is the nature of Elise's scaling. Since we've all pretty much confirmed that her scaling makes it hard for her to take advantage of huge amounts of AP burst early-mid game like other mages, it makes more sense on dominion in my opinion to hit the CDR cap and build a Void Staff mid game.

A lot of people run Magic Resist runes and with the large amount of bruisers running around with Hexdrinker in the early game in dominion I find it hard to justify running early Magic Pen on a champ like Elise who doesn't have really high single target burst to begin with (well she DOES, but she doesn't really one-hit people, she just hits reasonably hard against ANYONE you hit). Her scaling comes pretty much exclusively from CDR and magic pen and since most opponents in dom have at least some form of extra MR, I feel it just hurts your damage to build Scor Shoes and/or Guise, especially if your opponents build some more MR into the mid-late game. Better to take Ionian Boots to take advantage of Elises natural scaling than take Sorcerors Shoes and end up redicing their effectiveness later when you buy Void Staff.

I stress Void Staff so much on Elise because of the reliability of her damage. No mater who you attack you're scaling off their health so with a Void Staff you have the versatility to even go toe-to-toe with some of the beefier champs on the enemy team. Most mages who build Scor Shoes get gimped against tankier targets and I really don't think Elise has the early game burst to justify not going Ionian + Void Staff for versatility.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

After playing 50+ games with her on Dom.... I still don't know which build I like best.

I've been favoring a more burst heavy build by rushing Rabadon's and playing a hit and run kind of style, and it does work surprisingly well. I think she scales more than what she is given credit for as I found myself straight up annihilating opponents that didn't stack the **** out of defensive items, and even then I found my damage to be superb. The only problem was staying alive under focus fire, if I got cc'd or didn't play a situation out optimally, instead of snagging multiple kills and getting away with it I would get one shot myself.

I've tried a tanky build and found it to be fairly effective. I was able to stay alive for much longer and still put out pretty decent damage, though I found a lot of my opponents quickly ignored me. It worked the best when there were champs like Lee Sin or Ezreal on the map because then I would just sit on them and eat all of their skillshots (or rather my spiderlings would) while still putting out annoying amounts of damage, and it worked fairly effectively.

I really like cdr on her. Her cooldowns feel extremely long when you don't have at least 20%, so I'm still a fan of Nashor's Tooth. However, I haven't really given much thought to Malady so that may be something worth looking into in my next few games.

She's pretty damn strong though when played right.

Ahlen

10-31-2012

She's easily Tier 1, maybe cheesecake tier.

A12MO12

10-31-2012

unless there is an OP champ(s) to carry elise, it's pretty much a free win for enemy team.

No but seriously from what I've seen if she wants to do damage she needs to build glass in which case she blows up. If she builds tanky she does no damage and you can ignore her for the most part.

Whatever she brings ( a slow moving stun, a spider that explodes kind of like sapling, ranged % health attack and troll untargetable) other AP champs do better.

Riot tried to do too much with this champ and elise ended up being pretty bad as a result. Poor CC, not much AoE, pretty long CDs and pretty short range on her spells except for her troll untargetable skill.

for bot lane there is not many champs she can take 1 on 1, for top other mages like brand, cassio, rumble, fiddles hell even annie are much better choice. Unless you feel like making someone mad I don't really see a reason to choose elise over another champ.