Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Haseo Azure

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPokeDomo View Post
Do we still get ip from doing tribunal? And how much do we get for said number of cases reviewed?
I for one don't really care if i get ip or not, just knowing that i (probably) helped someone with a problem they faced while on a game makes me happy. But give ip also in turn makes more people want to do trails on the tribunal as they see a reward for doing it. Not saying you are greedy, just making a point

Anak1n 5kywalk3r

10-29-2012

After how many cases we reviewed or reviewed to be correct, will we be ranked in Justice Review?

MID OR I F33D

10-29-2012

Four 30s incorrectly banned later and over $1,000 U.S. Dollars spent you decide to half fix your ****ty tribunal. Way to go Riot your ****ing amazing.

Urek

10-29-2012

I'd like to see in the future, an option to undo a Pardon/Punish.

What I mean is, after clicking either Pardon or Punish, perhaps within a certain time limit (5-10 seconds) I can have the option to retract and change my decision. (provided that it's still a pending case of course)

This is because I have on more than one once, accidentally clicked the wrong button

CYRUS HDS

10-29-2012

tribunal is the stupidest **** ever. leaving decisions up to 12 years olds for free rp. down vote me all you want but its the truth.

Based LiftLift

10-29-2012

I've noticed the "Cases Correct" label and the idea of keeping up a Streak has tempted me to vote according to how I believe the majority votes, which hurts the community rather than bringing my true judgement into the equation. Since realizing this, I have made a conscience effort to make a real difference by fighting my urge to "vote for streaks", as a correct vote doesn't necessarily mean a just judgement.

How much is tolerable? Should short bursts of bad judgement be ignored if they seem pushed to the edge by other players? Is unsportsmanlike conduct to be allowed if it is done while avoiding blatant language or in short amounts? It is understandable that most players will have their moments of shame, but it does not always constitute punishment. We must not allow a rating to cloud our thoughts in making such choices. We must have both justice and mercy to be an enlightened community. I know I'm still finding my balance between the two, and hope that once I find that point, I will make a better contribution for justice.

Also, I believe it would be helpful to be allowed to rate our judgement's harshness. Rather than just punish and pardon, I support a system that allows voters to say whether they believe a warning, short ban, or long ban is necessary. Some cases don't warrant extreme action, so I question whether to pardon rather than punish, as a punish might give that player time to serve that they may not deserve. It would be nice to see what type of punishment we are about to dole out. While cracking down on the toxic players is important, keeping the innocent safe is also an important duty.

Vethias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-30-2012

I like the changes. One thing that get's me is I have already seen my vote in a few cases being minority for punishing. I am curious if the only people voting are just other players? There were a couple I went back and re read and said well ok the player wasn't as bad as I thought. Then I looked back at 2 today and am still confused? I mean just because other people were trolling/harassing doesn't excuse the person's actions. Firing back at a toxic player with more venom is just as bad. Riot I think players with a certain level of accuracy or something to allow some cases to be double reviewed. I have only been wrong on 4 cases so far (according to the other voters). I think they were still wrong in 2 of them.

I think the other voters were wrong in not voting to punish.

Topkapi

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian Bill View Post
Less Lenient?

How so?

Will we now have a swears per second counter?
rofl

Earthlyflame

10-30-2012

I've noticed on many occasions now that a summoner getting reported for offensive language (with specific examples given by the reporter) didn't even say anything in the text I am given in the case. This leads me to believe that it was probably said on the game summary page afterwards where everyone can continue to talk.

Perhaps it could start as hidden or something but we should have access to that text also.

Fengar Fireforge

10-30-2012

I like the new updates, but would still like to vote on individual cases. Sometimes i have 3 or 4 cases for the same person and 1 or 2 are really bad and definitely need punishing but the other case is a joke and they shouldn't have been reported for it. Does anyone else run into this problem?