4pl weekly dominion tournament

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

urmamasllama

10-29-2012

I so need to watch this when i get home

SylianEUW

10-29-2012

Seems like some people here don't understand the EUW scene that well. Okay, that's fine.

In EUW, the difference between the top two teams and the other teams have been quite big recently. There has been two teams consistently winning recently. This week, however, one of those teams didn't do so well, partly due to members being tired/doing worse than usual, and partly due to using a last-minute sub. This meant that Thaiboy incoming was the clear winner,

This tournament was not very interesting, for that reason. Perhaps the other team will be able to play better next week, perhaps not.

About leaving Kassadin open, I don't see why not. They still won, didn't they? Maybe they felt like trying to leave Kassadin open, I don't know. Maybe they didn't think Teemo's could play Kassadin all that well. In either case, as long as they still won, I don't see they problem.

I just hope that next week will be better. This was the weakest tournaments in months, probably. I'm sorry you guys had to see that.

urmamasllama

10-29-2012

where can i find the vods?

SylianEUW

10-29-2012

For last Sunday, I don't know if you can atm. Gandair has uploaded some game from the two tournaments before that. The finals were much closer those tournaments! http://www.youtube.com/user/VATOCLAN

BuddhaRice

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post
Seems like some people here don't understand the EUW scene that well. Okay, that's fine.

About leaving Kassadin open, I don't see why not. They still won, didn't they? Maybe they felt like trying to leave Kassadin open, I don't know. Maybe they didn't think Teemo's could play Kassadin all that well. In either case, as long as they still won, I don't see they problem.

I just hope that next week will be better. This was the weakest tournaments in months, probably. I'm sorry you guys had to see that.
You're right. Does that mean the people who play in the tourney's on the top 4 team's will play Kass because there's a chance their opponent thinks they can't play him? Maybe. It was just a uh... weird ban/pick scenario because Kass would never be left open to any team here. Also, I was amused by some of the item builds of the EU's. I'll try them out sometime

SylianEUW

10-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaRice View Post
You're right. Does that mean the people who play in the tourney's on the top 4 team's will play Kass because there's a chance their opponent thinks they can't play him? Maybe. It was just a uh... weird ban/pick scenario because Kass would never be left open to any team here. Also, I was amused by some of the item builds of the EU's. I'll try them out sometime
Well, as I said, the difference between the two best team and the third/fourth team is quite significant. That being said, this was the first time in a long time I've seen Kassadin gone unbanned in a game that wasn't against SR players. Thaiboy's were playing with their full team comp, which means that they were highly likely to win against Teemo's. Teemo's, at the moment, doesn't have the teamwork needed to take #1 against a full Thaiboy incoming or Real Terror.

But yeah, last week's tournament was week. That is a downside with having two teams generally performing much better than other teams. If one of those teams isn't playing, or is playing with lots of subs, then the finals will be fairly one-sided. In NA, you have 4 teams around the same skill level or so, so even if one team isn't playing or isn't doing well, the finals might still be exiting.

Also, you need to remember that you have 5 bans and EUW has 3. Not that I see Kassadin being open all that much anyway, the second pick team will usually ban him.

BasTheOne

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylianEUW View Post

In EUW, the difference between the top two teams and the other teams have been quite big recently. There has been two teams consistently winning recently. This week, however, one of those teams didn't do so well, partly due to members being tired/doing worse than usual, and partly due to using a last-minute sub. This meant that Thaiboy incoming was the clear winner,

This tournament was not very interesting, for that reason. Perhaps the other team will be able to play better next week, perhaps not.

No need to focus on excuses, teemo's just played terrific too. I'm glad they can have the spotlight sometimes. It would be great if we can get some fiercer competition.

So much negativity in this thread by the way (and the shoutcasting for that matter). Waving the finals off as 1700 elo play seems like bad manners to me. It would be nice if you lot could be more neutral and open minded. Makes everything more enjoyable, no?

Bonecrusher1993

10-30-2012

Hey there,

Iím Bonecrusher93 from EUW and i played for "Thaiboys Inc." the Nunu in the final game.

These posts combined with that shoutcast make me mad and sad at the same time, but generally itís pure disappointment that shines through.

We had several good reasons for the actions we took and it seems that it worked out. However, Iím not posting this to get into the senseless discussions about item choices or anything like that.

It doesnít disappoint me how we played or what we did, most of the guys who posted in here or took a part as shoutcaster disappointed me. It is frustrating to see people who got tunnel vision and just see place for one solution/item/ban. If you have neither creativity nor insight itís okay, but you should at least accept it if other players got it and leave them their freedom to exercise it.

It made me sad how negative most comments were, itís not motivating at all. Every decision has a good and a bad side. Now you decide, is the bottle half empty or half full?

It was always a goal on my part to have a bigger community, more teams and players and also to connect more to NA. I saw this shoutcasting as a great chance for the whole dominion community and for the popularity of it.

After that Sunday and after the whole disparaging comments who are a part from our (EUW) side but which source is mainly from NA. Iím really not motivated to improve at all in terms of Dominion globalization or popularity.

The possible result of all this is that we simply donít allow shoutcasts anymore, we will all go 2 steps backwards and we are back into the Stone Age.

English is not my mother tongue I would appreciate it if you wouldnít look at my grammar too harshly.

Greets,
Bonecrusher

Dominus Arts

10-30-2012

Imagine If I Had Real Boots!

SPG Neostyle

10-30-2012

Hello there,

SPG Neostyle from "Thaiboy Inc." here, the Ezreal in the finals.

I have to say that i really lost my respect for the NA scene and I'm really disappointed, I always thougt that we could connect more with the NA community but after that sunday I'm really proud it didn't happen yet.

Seriously, what gives you the right to flame us, our builds/picks bans ? Only because you guys can't handle Kass doesn't mean nobody does.
Atk speed Jax? Oh no! He builds something different, I have the feeling NA has only 1 correct way for everything and everything else is wrong.

As example, does Riot-shoutcaster question the picks&bans from pro players? Like leaving jayce open in the championship, getting 3 aegies or something? No they don't.

I have to admit, it was NOT the best tournament that we have, but that has nothing to do with leaving Kassa open or building Jax with atk speed boots. (btw, yes we won against Kassa, it's possible guys!)

Anyways, that was all I have to say about that I just hope that those people are an exception and NA has nicer guys out there.

PS: English isn't my mother tongue, pls forgive grammar mistakes.

Greets,
SPG Neostyle