Does the shop need re-balancing?

Yes, quite a bit of re-balancing. 34 47.22%
Yes, some minor re-balances. 24 33.33%
No, the shop is fine how it is. 12 16.67%
Indifferent; I could care less. 2 2.78%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

One MAJOR flaw...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingsRight

11-21-2009

But dont you think you'd make roughly the same cash raising the lower ones up and lowering the high ones down so that they are one medium price? and instead of having those certain cherry-picked heroes as expensive ones.. have it only as NEW heroes. and then restrict them to paying customers only. You just know there would be some people out there that would be too dam curious and have to test them out... and what's 5-7 bucks to some of us rather than waiting til they are no longer new and dropping to normal price.

I see the original posters point though:

For some of us, when we were playing for free, we found certain "favorites" that we liked playing, but picture your friends logging into the new store and they say "wow, there is my hero, and he is reasonable" and then you look for your hero that you had been hoping for and the price is super high.. so then you are let down because your friends get to play the one they wanted but you can't without paying more.

But if you did it like how i said it, it wouldn't really do that to people cuz nobody could really set their hopes up on a character as a favorite if it's new.. cuz obviously they havn't played it yet to make it a favorite.

by the way, i did just buy the League of Legends disc from amazon the day the shop opened. so i am supporting you. I just want fairness with heroes.

just segregate based on NEWness.

and even for the older heroes that are all a set same price you would still make money cuz there are people that get bored fast and dont want to wait.

Overall i like the general concept behind LoL's marketing.. because it's a way of letting poor people play.. and helping them out, while relying on people that are more financially better off.. so that when they buy something.. they know they dont HAVE to.. but they WANT to as they see it sort of as a way of donating to the cause. Which is the reason i bought the disc. I was content playing for IP with just one or 2 characters and going along for the ride. but i wanted to help you guys out cuz i like the work and wish to see this game go as far as it can.

IEatBabies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2009

The store works. Why is anyone complaining?

I play a lot and I don't have a full Tier 3 rune book yet. I think it's nice that I have to wait for things. I have like 4 champions I play. If one of them isn't available immediately that means I get to work the kinks out of another one.

Sounds like some people here quit games when someone picks "their" champion.

Tactorin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2009

I love this game, and so I supported it in the little way I can (buying $5 in riot points...I'm poor!) I still haven't received them due to some weird issue, but I think of it more as a donation than anything else considering it is not enough to buy the champion I want anyway (guess I'll get IP boost??).

I think what people have said here makes sense. Raise the prices of the lower ones and drop the prices of the higher ones. I don't see why any champion should take more than 10 hours of playing to earn, nor do I see why any champion should cost more than $5 to buy. I wish you guys the best of luck in making money off your well thought out game, but please reconsider the odd pricing you've decided upon. It is just a bit unsightly.

Ponies Gonna Pwn

Adjudicator

11-22-2009

How can you say "$7.50 for a champion" with a straight face, Zileas? That's over two thirds the cost of buying an awesome indie game and just playing that. Why would you pay more than $1-2 for 5 skills and a model?

Kardinal Syn

11-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aratrok the Merciless View Post
Absolutely. I still don't understand the variation in real-money pricing. IP, I can understand. But seriously, more than $1-2 for a champion is bat****-retarded.
agreed,
also, may i add, i wont be buying ANY skins at their current prices... however, if they were $0.50 or something (obviously multiple skins for each hero) then i would probably buy a couple for each of my favorite heroes.. (which probably equates to 15-25 skins, or more depending on how kick ass they are)

therefore meaning more $$$ for Riot.

riot, would you like a marketing director? ill volunteer for the job

mermin

11-22-2009

u know what once they actually release HoN i bet the prices will go down....huury up HoN!

EchoRex

11-22-2009

The complaining about the Riot Point cost of the individual heroes would make a lot more sense if the game had to be paid for, by everyone, instead of having unlocks be paid for with playing the game(for free) or money.

That being said... The price scaling is rather odd, with some champions getting seemingly arbitrary price tags attached to them. The prices for some are exceptionally low while the high prices only make sense when you refuse to recognize the bundle options that were available before the store released, and even now that the store has released, that one bundle still makes the individual pricing seem rather odd.

Deathcrow

11-22-2009

I'm trying to make a statement by not spending any of my 10$ worth of RP that i have acquired until the riculous champ prices sink. That also implies that i won't be investing in any more Riot points until that happens.

I think this is a good method of showing Riot that we are willing to spend money on them, but not for these prices. Wish more people would do that, it's kinda like an 'constructive' Boycott.
That way Riot can see on what income they may be missing out on.

Teganze

11-22-2009

I know that there's a lot of work involved in making LoL, but I do tend to agree that the prices for the most expensive champions are a little too much.

However, Zileas does have a point in that everything in the game can be free on the condition that you play the game enough to unlock what you want. It's not like we're being forced to pay $7 for a particular champion.

But that said, while having to 'work' for one is fair, I agree that it's a little too harsh at the moment. Increasing the cost of some of the more undervalued champions and decreasing the cost of the most expensive ones would be perfect, I think.

holySpork

11-22-2009

I have two points to make here:

1. Riot gives you a decent set of free to play champions each week. You never "need" to buy a champion. Take this opportunity to learn new champions and force yourself to adapt, you will become a better player for it.

2. How much less fun would it be if you could unlock everything in the game in a couple of weeks? You would get bored with it and go play something else. Instead you have the opportunity here to enjoy earning something in a very fun game.

2.1 I will not comment on the riot point cost of things because I am rather poor right now and will not be purchasing any for awhile.