Nunu Bot isn't Legendary anymore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

justcallmedewey

10-28-2012

I would LOVE to buy the Nunu Bot skin, if only it had altered ability effects. Most other Legendary skins have changed particle effects save for a few. I understand it was one of the early ones, and I also understand that a big part of his price tag is his audio.

However, I think that to justify the Legendary price tag, players would like to see the same amount of alterations and quality that they find in Zombie Brand, Blood Lord Vladimir, or even the pseudo-Legendary Mecha Kha'Zix. Skins like Mecha Kha'Zix, some of the recent Harrowing skins, and certainly all of the newer Legendary skins have significantly more to them than it seems with Nunu Bot.

Riot saw with Pulsefire Ezreal that many players are willing to drop significant coin to get amazing skins. I think that if Riot put in a few months work to update his ability effects, they would see his sales increase dramatically. They would certainly have my sale.

What are your thoughts on Legendary skins and their pricing? What other skins deserve a little extra attention?

Orleos

10-28-2012

He has a skin change as well as a voice change. To be honest the only thing they could probably have done is change the ice to electricity, but to be honest, they need to focus on the other legendaries before they even look at Nunu's, because the other legendaries don't even have that much, with the exception of our favorite Gentleman.

Levigasm

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orleos View Post
He has a skin change as well as a voice change. To be honest the only thing they could probably have done is change the ice to electricity, but to be honest, they need to focus on the other legendaries before they even look at Nunu's, because the other legendaries don't even have that much, with the exception of our favorite Gentleman.
Battlecast Prime Cho' Gath

Umezete

10-28-2012

riot is making high quality 975 rp skins, please don't use this as an excuse to complain about their legendary skins.

Magician TF is the only legendary skin I feel like needs help. He is just the skin, no animations, no sounds, no new content.

Erisly

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umezete View Post
riot is making high quality 975 rp skins, please don't use this as an excuse to complain about their legendary skins.

Magician TF is the only legendary skin I feel like needs help. He is just the skin, no animations, no sounds, no new content.
Annie would like a word with you.

BEERS FOR FEARS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2012

He's certainly more legendary than others who supposedly have legendary skins D:

Orleos

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erisly View Post
So would Alien Invader Heimer.

justcallmedewey

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umezete View Post
I'm not about to complain about great quality 975 RP skins. In fact I highly promote them. I know those will sell much better than a Legendary that is not worth the price tag. All I'm saying is that for the Legendary price, players have built certain expectations, and managing either the prices or expectations will lead to better sales. Like I said, I'd happily buy Nunu Bot when the quality matches the price, or the other way around.

One solution I would suggest is creating a new price range: Pseudo-Legendary (or some other name) like Kha'Zix and his 1350 RP Mecha skin

xpxpx

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erisly View Post
You can't even buy that skin anymore if I'm not mistaken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orleos View Post
So would Alien Invader Heimer.
See above.

Erisly

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpxpx View Post
You can't even buy that skin anymore if I'm not mistaken...

So if you can't get it it doesn't matter? Right? I like that logic, I can't ever get $100,000,000 I guess money doesn't matter.