Skin: Firedancer Draven

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Human Jerky

10-28-2012

I like it. For 975 RP it'd be a tough choice between which skin is better, SR or FD.

dafedidi

10-28-2012

I had some brilllant idea when I was thinking about this skin 10 minutes ago. I will post it later. I want to make it a theme skin !

dafedidi

10-28-2012

DreamDemon (League of Legends Player Support | Riot Games Support)

Oct 28 11:58 (PDT)

Greetings Summoner,

Thanks for the skin idea, it sounds pretty awesome ! I'll forward this to the skin team

Spookypatrol

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafedidi View Post
I had some brilllant idea when I was thinking about this skin 10 minutes ago. I will post it later. I want to make it a theme skin !
I've had a couple other people say they'd like it as a theme skin, but the only reason I'm not really all for it (I mean if it happened I'd get it, lol, but it's not my intent) is that Draven only has one other skin, and he is in need of another 975, not a legendary or theme. Additionally, when I designed Firedancer I had that in mind (to make it a 975) so I feel like it lacks the quality or impressiveness to be considered a legendary or a theme skin easily. That would have to be something Riot would want to consider, and even then I feel it should still be a 975 because that is what Draven needs. Skipping to a legendary skin as someone's second alternate skin seems a silly leap to me, and I don't feel the skin would do as well as a legendary or theme. It would still sell, sure, but it's a bit of a drastic pitch, and I feel most people would agree that 975 is where it should stay at.

Now, if it were 975 and optionally you could pay a little extra to get an avatar and profile banner, that's a different story, but I feel like Riot intends theme skins to all be legendary.

Spookypatrol

10-28-2012

Quote:
DreamDemon (League of Legends Player Support | Riot Games Support)

Oct 28 11:58 (PDT)

Greetings Summoner,

Thanks for the skin idea, it sounds pretty awesome ! I'll forward this to the skin team
Also, just saw this message. Oh? What did you tell them?

Albert Spangler

10-28-2012

I think it's a pretty awesome concept!

dafedidi

10-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spookypatrol View Post
Also, just saw this message. Oh? What did you tell them?
Yea, I did. I hope it weaks up some Rioters. :P

You worked hard on this one and you deserve a little extra to get it faster.
As for the skin, we can just change 1 thing or two, just to make it feel special imo (like recall animation or X fire breath you know).

And Kha'Zix 1350 RP 1st skin. Lol.

MustardWarrior

10-28-2012

I bow to you, my lord and master. Bring Fire Dancer Draven for the world to take salvation in!

Fishcoteque

10-28-2012

Bump for Draaaven

Spookypatrol

10-28-2012

Quote:
Yea, I did. I hope it weaks up some Rioters. :P

You worked hard on this one and you deserve a little extra to get it faster.
As for the skin, we can just change 1 thing or two, just to make it feel special imo (like recall animation or X fire breath you know).

And Kha'Zix 1350 RP 1st skin. Lol.
Ah I didn't know that about Mecha Kha'zix! Since the bundle price was (as far as I know) the same as if it were a 975, I didn't realize it was a 1350. Interesting.

I really appreciate you directly contacting Riot :3 I definitely hadn't even really thought about doing that myself, let alone someone else being kind enough to do it for me.

And on the note of changing a few things to make it feel special, it would be killer if they did do an alternate recall featuring the fire eating/ fire breathing like I drew. One of my friends said the fire breathing should be an alternate taunt instead of recall, though. Either way I feel it would be pretty sweet.

Also, as I quoted earlier, I still think it would be funny if he had an alternate joke stating "Is it hot in here? Nah, it's just me." :P But alternate dialogue isn't something I want to push for. If you think about it, there are a few skins that are 975 that have unique things to them, such as Hyena Warwick or Haunted Maokai. It can remain at 975 and still include these minor new features.