Pirate ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SuperStag

11-21-2009

Well, the major difference between LoL and DotA is: DotA is random. LoL is not. End of story.
Forget that nonesense, just blabbering about some Riot stuff, I love pirate's ulti and i will tear anyone to pieces who tries to approach me with the thought of changing it.

TheGenie

11-21-2009

well, one could just make the cannonballs bigger...

ScarPe

Master Recruiter

11-22-2009

the pirate ulti is fine as it is now
if it would constantly, it would be far too overpowered, cause you can send it over the whole map... it is balanced!

Mios

11-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeagueofLegends.com
League of Legends is less random – In DotA, many abilities, runes, physical attacks, and terrain mechanics have a random component to them. We’ve removed many of the random elements of DotA's gameplay to make you more reliant on skill instead of luck.
hmm... in a game with crits and ultimates like this this statement seems way off the mark.

Shillen

11-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarPe View Post
the pirate ulti is fine as it is now
if it would constantly, it would be far too overpowered, cause you can send it over the whole map... it is balanced!
I kind of agree with you although pirate ult is not fine. It's completely overpowered right now but changing it this way would make it even more overpowered.

Agility

11-22-2009

I think the pirate ult is okay. It's more on the side of OP, but I don't think it's crying for a nerf. The fact that it's random is meant to offset the fact that you can cast it ANYWHERE on the map.

Plus, since it is random, I always laugh really hard when I get a kill from across the map with a fleeing champ. Just seeing a random ball pound them into the ground...priceless.