"Mordekaiser is not to be trusted, Hecarim!"

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rockman

10-25-2012

Quote:
Yorick.
"Get to your task, gravedigger! Make our numbers endless!"
"Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead!"
"Slay them, gravedigger! Make them serve us!"
Anybody else think of Monty Python when you read this?

MatHet

10-26-2012

Interesting, looking at what they're saying to Yorick, I guess unlikely the other champions he wasn't really held in high regard on the Shadow Isles. The Lady seems to despise him for some reason (her sarcarstic voice), while the Lord simply pushes him around.

Not that I'm surprised or even displeased - it seems fitting considering this champion's lore (even if it drills me a bit inside, but it cannot be helped - Yorick's my favourite).
No wonder he got fed with Shadow Isles and decided to try his luck in Valoran. ^^

I hope they'll push this thing onward in some time.

MrHarz

10-26-2012

Well, asked Kitae why Eve has no interactions in the Reddit AMA:

"We haven't revealed what Eve's connection to the Shadow Isles is yet so we didn't want to spoil it through the VO. We may add additional VO when we reveal more of her story. We may also add additional VO for any new Shadow Isles champions we release."

Guess that answers that.

Keirndmo

10-26-2012

The king appears to steal the souls of people and imprison them.
I know who he is!
DRACULA!

You steal mens souls and make them your slaves!
Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Your words are as empty as your soul.
Mankind ill needs a savior such as you.
What is a man!? *Throws wine glass.* A miserable little pile of secrets!
But enough talk! Have at you!

GG Riot I found it out.

xHeartless

10-26-2012

Eve is probably the lady, or related to her somehow.

Randoxus

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
So, based on the altar quotes so gracefully provided by MrHarz (thank you!), I can deduce the following:

• The West Altar Spirit (from here, Lady) has been a resident of the Shadow Isles before the East Altar Spirit (from here, Lord) - making remarks regarding the past a lot more often, she refers to longer periods of history. From this, two possibilities stem - one, is that the Lady lived before the Lord and died earlier; second, is that they both lived in the same time, but the Lord was too preoccupied with -something- to notice the passage of time. Considering the following, we can assume that the second theory is more feasible. "This place was once so... beautiful."
  • Long ago, the Shadow Isles underwent a period of change - an internal conflict of sorts. The seed of dispute was apparently a religious matter - faction X was a cult of Necromancy and all associated things, and faction Y was the current government. Obviously, the Lady was a member of Y, but the Lord was a very zealous supporter (and probably one of the key figures) of X. As we can see, the X have prevailed, which led to the Shadow Isles changing their entire appearance to what we see them as now. "I still remember. Only fragments... but, I remember." "Endless conflict."
  • The Lady and the Lord share a relationship which took place before the conflict. Due to being on the different sides of the barricades, they have been separated, and eventually grew distant from each other; and yet, the Lady still holds her memories of freedom dearly. "Has he forgotten me?"
  • The Lady and the Lord were apparently outstandingly great magicians - during the revolution, the X have taken the Lady captive, and exploited her powers against her will. She remained imprisoned until she passed away, and her soul remains sealed in the West Altar even now. The Lord, however, enjoys his fate, and is eager to continue his service when the time comes. "Mordekaiser... are you also a prisoner?" ""Free me my lord [Mordekaiser] so I may aid you!"
  • From the previous statement, Mordekaiser apparently was also once a supporter of the Y camp, and due to the Lord referring to him as a higher-up, he was probably once a prominent military figure. He did not take any major actions despite being on Valoran for a much longer time than Hecarim. All in all, despite his grim determination in all things, he seems reluctant to support the X, but has his own agenda in mind. "Mordekaiser... are you also a prisoner?"
  • Hecarim too was not always the half-equine armored spectre that we know today. However, the Lady's compassion goes only so far for him - she almost gave up hope on turning him back from his allegiance with the X, and only warns him against cooperating with Mordekaiser. "Remember who you once were, Hecarim!"
  • But what is really ominous, is the presence of a higher power above all of the Shadow Isles and their champions. The King, the former leader of the X, and currently a ruler of the Shadow Isles. Very little hints are given as to what exactly is he, but a few things can be said for certain - he is an excellent strategist, politician, and commander, securing victory for his faction in the Shadow Isles conflict and carefully staging his advance to Valoran. He also is an extremely powerful Necromancer, almost omnipotent over undead beings - as an example, he currently holds a vast majority of the Shadow Isles in lockdown ("Unleash us!"), amassing power ("Get to your task, Gravedigger!") and releasing their inhabitants only when necessary. Such massive power over their spirits invokes fear even in the strongest of heart - the Lady herself, when summoned, is forced to fake enthusiasm in her service despite her numerous remarks of strong disapproval of the current Shadow Isles.

All in all, these quotes reveal a tragic story of two mages whose fates were separated by the conflict of the Shadow Isles where the current undead King came to power and turned the Isles into a haven of death. Their souls sealed in the altars, they await the day when the Isles' army will be unleashed, and they will walk once more. But their wish is different - the Lady hopes for the defeat of the King's forces, and the Lord is eager to assure their victory.
I have been reading over the quotes and your analysis, and I would like to provide a little more smaller, less significant analyses of my own.
  • This high powered necromancer and ruler of the Shadow Isles not only has his forces, but has also taken captive the forces of the Y faction. ("You must destroy us! ALL OF US!"... "The curse can never be broken.") This means that regardless of this faction, this ruler is able to take complete control over anything and anyone. This might be the reason why Hecarim became who he is, and why the Lady says his quotes.
  • The overseer also grants incredible power to those who seek it, as seen from both Karthus's Lore, as well as with the Elise quote. ("Your power is not worth the price, Elise") This could mean that this overseer is the reason the Shadow Isles are so drawing to those seeking power.
  • The gigantic spider that fuels Elise (referred to by Elise's Lore) might also be a servant of this necromancer, and could either be a prominent figure, or lower in rank than the Lord. ("The spider welcomes you, Elise.")

Obviously, these points might not seem very important, but it's just things that came to mind as I read your hypothesis.

Drknzz

10-26-2012

I'd like to add a bit of info everyone seems to be overlooking: Hecarim has a "Their souls beg for release" quote. Could this be somehow related?

[I am pretty sleepy to think it deeply right now, but really wanted to fuel the fire a bit as i remembered that]

EDIT:
Hecarim also says
"War is eternal."
"The grave calls."
"I do not rest."

This might imply he IS working for either of the factions, he maybe a necromantic life form/product and the Shadow Isles' conflict may have yet to end,

Cartod

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drknzz View Post
I'd like to add a bit of info everyone seems to be overlooking: Hecarim has a "Their souls beg for release" quote. Could this be somehow related?

[I am pretty sleepy to think it deeply right now, but really wanted to fuel the fire a bit as i remembered that]

EDIT:
Hecarim also says
"War is eternal."
"The grave calls."
"I do not rest."

This might imply he IS working for either of the factions, he maybe a necromantic life form/product and the Shadow Isles' conflict may have yet to end,
Great catch!
I would love to see Riot elaborate on the lore of Hecarim and Mordekaiser in particular.

Why doesn't the Lady trust Mordekaiser? Wasn't he likely a member of the Y faction, the same as she? Has Hecarim truly been broken in spirit?

Could the imprisonment of these three have anything to do with the fact that they have all been torn from their bodies? Yorick, Karthus, and Elise all seem to willingly support the X faction, but Mordekaiser, the Lady, and Hecarim are all characters who probably were forced into servitude. Perhaps tearing a soul away from the body is the fashion that the "King" uses to impose his will upon dissenters, binding their essence to steel. While this does not explain the imprisonment of the Lord, I think it is feasible that some of the Lady's last actions while she was still free may have caused this, as somebody mentioned earlier.

I also feel that Yorick is being taken advantage of, but this is a tangent to my earlier point. I feel that he is merely a tool to be used, as his judgement and lore imply that he doesn't really grasp everything that he does and what it means. He is slow to analyze situations, and doesn't come off to me as a malicious entity, rather one that is being manipulated and confused.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

I disagree with a few of those, although the rest seems pretty much legit.

Quote:
From the previous statement, Mordekaiser apparently was also once a supporter of the Y camp, and due to the Lord referring to him as a higher-up, he was probably once a prominent military figure. He did not take any major actions despite being on Valoran for a much longer time than Hecarim. All in all, despite his grim determination in all things, he seems reluctant to support the X, but has his own agenda in mind. "Mordekaiser... are you also a prisoner?"
Its been stated that "Hecarim and Mordekaiser shares common objectives, but disagree on the means of reaching that"
And from what the Lady says, it is more likely Hecarim became a follower of Mordekaiser's cause. Hecarim had no objectives, until he met Mordekaiser, and started following his path with pure conviction, maybe more than Mordekaiser himself.

What the lady says, to don't trust Mordekaiser, is trying to make him change his mind about following him.

Quote:
Hecarim too was not always the half-equine armored spectre that we know today. However, the Lady's compassion goes only so far for him - she almost gave up hope on turning him back from his allegiance with the X, and only warns him against cooperating with Mordekaiser. "Remember who you once were, Hecarim!"
This is also not right.
Hecarim were always a centaur (half human half horse), but his species were a really ancient one, and was extinguished.
"Remember what you were" means for him to remember of his ancient species.
But right now, Hecarim only have the blind conviction of serving the Shadow isles (which he got from observing Mordekaiser)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drknzz View Post

EDIT:
Hecarim also says
"War is eternal."
"The grave calls."
"I do not rest."

Hecarim forgot what he once was, right now he is just blindly following the wish of the east altar.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-27-2012

It wasn't originally meant for this thread, but pic related.

12345678 ... 9