Do you agree that the map is great but the altars need to go?

Yes 240 44.20%
No 164 30.20%
Maybe, help change focus away from the altars 139 25.60%
Voters: 543. You may not vote on this poll

Map is great, ALTARS SUCK!!!!!!!!!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blackraven1425

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herboss View Post
I haven't even played it yet but depending on how long it takes to cap an altar it does seem like you'd be running a big risk of losing towers going for them.
You aren't really at risk for your own altar, since you're so close to your towers and running back to them from the altar puts you behind the enemy. The other altar is riskier, but if you have the lanes pushed up, it's again really no big deal.

Zarthix

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral1 View Post
imo,

I personally do not like level 1 fights, even in old TT. The alters should unlock later into the game(3:00~) for objectives.

I would also like to see the alters being locked longer, at least 2 minutes.

There's hardly any reason to stay in your lane to outfarm when the speed shrine promotes ganking far too early. Again, perhaps it the shrine should activate around (3:00~) to contest for objectives.

Oh and mages still need help in terms of items. The new bruiser items are ridiculous. Excluding Singed of course.
I agree. Although I do like the faced paced action, level 1 teamfights are too much for my blood. And mages don't do as well as the bruisers. Some of those Bruiser items are crazy compared to the mage items. The items do give way to new builds though. The Lord Van Damm's Pillager item is great on champions that want to be more of a battle mage. I use it on Ziggs or Fizz for that extra bit of damage on Ad so I don't have to reley on spells as much, and it works great. You end up surpising them with the amount of attack damage you do. Mix that in with a lichbane and a Hextech Gunblade and Gunsoo's Rageblade or whatever your heart desires and you have so pretty crazy damage builds coming your way. Just a thought :P

iTeHz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

couldnt have said it better myself, i was just posting in another thread that the alters are too much of a distraction from pushing lanes. you basically have to be on alter watch the entire game.

Nularia

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
We'll be monitoring the altars very closely. There are some potential changes sitting around, but it's really quite to early to judge their impact.
No, really it's not, the alters take far to much away from the actual physical game.

People send 20 bloody minutes contesting the alters to the point no one's even paying attention to vilemaw half the time.

There's TOO much on those alters, also the speed shrine does spit for Movement speed increases, it also doesn't help when you have team mates who decided to try out the "New" map, don't pay attention, get ganked non-stop because I can't ward anymore, and wander around aimlessly while the enemy team has both alters constantly and is destroying any resistance you have, or worse off, dragging the game out because of the alters and not taking towers.

Taking towers and killing the nexus doesn't even feel like an objective anymore, it just feels like "Hey want some free gold? Go kill a tower, then get back here and guard this shrine" The killing of nexus's just feels like to the point of "Eh, I'm bored, lets just end this and play a different game"

There's too much emphasis on the shrines, not enough on Vilemaw ( I remember when contesting dragon was a pretty big deal in Twisted Treeline) now Vilemaw just hangs out ignored most of the time because no one wants to fight him, shrines are more important.

I don't like the shrines, I saw another post that put up a wonderful idea for the shrines being one central shrine (Since the speed buff doesn't do anything anyways, and immediately begins to decay ) that way people can take the shrine, then maybe actually WORK towards the map objectives.

Also, there's little to no way to defend a shrine, if an enemy is standing on it, they'll continue to cap it, and if you can't scare them off the platform, they just lulz and sit there, then run away once it's capped and YOU CAN'T TAKE IT BACK for a set period of time. This is a feature on the shrines that I really don't like, capturing a shrine in enemy territory is suppose to be risky when all your enemies are up, not just a tiny warning as they step on the alter, lulz there for 5 seconds while you scramble to get there because there are no wards to warn you people are in your jungle (Unless your running a hard jungler constantly who didn't happen to be back at that point in time) Then the moment it's capped, they run away giggle while they have your alter, and there's nothing you can do it about.

The altars are a pain, honestly, I don't like them, the new map doesn't even FEEL like twisted treeline with them on it, the new improved jungle? Alright, not bad, a bit more of a compelling boss fight with Vilemaw, cool, the constant bloody distractions centered around these altars, and the inability to ward? Really just a bother.

You guys say you wanted to make Twisted Treeline a more fast paced map, the altars tack on a good 15-20 minutes of mindless guarding or stealing then is needed.

DunklaAlfabet

10-26-2012

I do like the altars.. gives the game a twist, and considering that you donīt have wards.. you should capture them in a game for the sight and money/damage advantage. It is not only a "farm fezt" and a tower killing competition!
This is only my opinion.. I like the map how it is!! (of course it can be better, as it is right now it is a lot better then the old one..)

Nularia

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunklaAlfabet View Post
I do like the altars.. gives the game a twist, and considering that you donīt have wards.. you should capture them in a game for the sight and money/damage advantage. It is not only a "farm fezt" and a tower killing competition!
This is only my opinion.. I like the map how it is!! (of course it can be better, as it is right now it is a lot better then the old one..)
Altars don't give you vision unless your standing on them.

Five Badgers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oznap View Post
Going head first into a match, one thing that bother me about alters is that I couldn't identify a timer or a indicator of when a alter (one has already capture) was recapture-able. I would look at the alter and it have no chain, however, enemies were able to cap it vs me and this generally confused me.
So you rolled it out in PBE gave it a week Got tons of feedback and did nothing about the alters? Ight you guys are paying real close attention. No offence here but it seems someone left the coffee pot off on this idea.

The Allegator

10-26-2012

I agree with most of the posts on here. Hating the alters as its getting too much focus most ppl hardly cs but spend most of their time watching over/ babysitting the Alter. The buffs are too great. need to be more balance.

Also champs with traps, turrets, boxes, and shrooms are ridic as it give them too much control over the alters early game, with how the buff are right now its just too much of an advantage.

Bladewrie

10-26-2012

I enjoy the alters.

Sauron

10-26-2012

As a Dominion player, I don't like the altars. I don't like the buffs they grant and I don't like how they're capped, and for gameplay health they are not good.

Take that as you will.