Wards

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soup4

10-26-2012

Please put them back in. You have taken out an important piece of this map by removing wards. They are great defensively and offensively. I dont want to have to facecheck bushes hoping the other team isnt in them. Strategic positioning is much more difficult now because you have no clue where the enemy is once they enter the middle area.

Also ganking is pretty ridiculous right now because the only option the enemy has is to either back away toward their tower and lose cs or risk having the enemy pop out behind them.

Turtle Omega

10-26-2012

God no.

Nularia

10-26-2012

I'm really disliking alot of aspects of the new TT, don't get me started on those Altars, but I would sincerely like to have wards back. :|

Soup4

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Omega View Post
God no.
Whaaaat!? You think we should be forced into blind noobness? I mean its fine for people who never buy wards and are ok with getting ganked or don't care about positioning. But for the people who like to play competitively it is pretty unfortunate.

Some comps rely heavily on teamfight positioning and without wards you are now at a huge disadvantage.

Galinheiro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

They have this funny little summoner spell called Clairvoyance, also there are 2 items that grant vision in the new TT map. Just saying.

Turtle Omega

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soup4 View Post
Whaaaat!? You think we should be forced into blind noobness? I mean its fine for people who never buy wards and are ok with getting ganked or don't care about positioning. But for the people who like to play competitively it is pretty unfortunate.
Blind noobness?

If you want to talk about "Blind noobness", maybe you should be focusing on the players that put their compete reliance on wards to play the game for them. They made the map smaller, with more objectives to secure. Implementing wards on this map would just be a complete disaster. They are aiming for aggressive gameplay, not passive gameplay that will prevent objectives such as Vilemaw from even being used.

All getting rid of wards did was make it so players have to be more cautious with their gameplay, and actually rely on strategy and tactics, instead of a hunky dorey, "Oh there's a ward there, and because of it I know no one's in my jungle so I'm free to roam around without a care in the world"

Nularia

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle Omega View Post
Blind noobness?

If you want to talk about "Blind noobness", maybe you should be focusing on the players that put their compete reliance on wards to play the game for them. They made the map smaller, with more objectives to secure. Implementing wards on this map would just be a complete disaster. They are aiming for aggressive gameplay, not passive gameplay that will prevent objectives such as Vilemaw from even being used.

All getting rid of wards did was make it so players have to be more cautious with their gameplay, and actually rely on strategy and tactics, instead of a hunky dorey, "Oh there's a ward there, and because of it I know no one's in my jungle so I'm free to roam around without a care in the world"
You clearly do not know the offensive capabilities of wards. You also clearly have no idea that lack of wards only leads to more passive playing, or people using champions that have ward-like abilities (Maokai, Shaco, Teemo) you also clearly don't know this is New TT, it isn't about playing cautious, it's about playing bruisers, taking alters and derping around for 30 minutes while you get a full build before even remembering there are towers involved in this game.

Also, no one goes after Vilemaw anymore, Altars are too powerful, and more important, and easier to take. Also, wards were not the be all end all, people still died and did stupid things with wards on the map, if you sincerely don't know the importance and significance of wards, don't bother to comment on topics that have anything to do with wards. You just make yourself look like the kinda kid that never wards anyways and gets mad when he gets ganked because the enemy saw him in a bush because THEY had a ward.

Soup4

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galinheiro View Post
They have this funny little summoner spell called Clairvoyance, also there are 2 items that grant vision in the new TT map. Just saying.
This is sarcasm, yes? I should have to take a specific summoner spell or build certain items and hope that I use them in the correct place in order to enter the mid area when the enemy is missing? If only there was something similar that did this but only cost 75 gold.

EarthruneSkarner

10-26-2012

Be a little constructive about it, please. The tone of the OP is desperate with a hint of hostility, and you'll quickly find that it attracts the wrong sort of summoner for your post.

I've made a thread here detailing what I think could be done with wards, if you're interested.

Triton95

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-26-2012

If you want wards play Teemo. He is great on this map. I play a game with my friend who went jayce in top lane. We were with a Trynd. All I had to do was shroom the speed shrine, Vilemaw, and the two lanes. They couldn't take our altar. We were against a Xin, Mundo, and Vlad. Jayce and I carried hard that game. Mundo in TT is killed now because of Wicked hatchet, he must win early or else late game anybody with Wicked hatchet counters him.