Updates to the Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cutesy boy name

10-26-2012

so... this is why i'm banned...

iYoloSwag4Squaw

10-26-2012

[CENTER]It's all well and good that we take the time out of our playing League, and of our day to prevent negative people in the League environment.
But seriously, 5 Influence Points a case, seems a little low. If you think about it.

6300 Influence points is the cost of a new champion.
Divided by 5 Influence points a case.
Which would equal doing 1260 cases to earn a champion.
And since the cases need to be read, as to be fair and evaluate each instance. I'll give an average of 5 minutes a case. (Which i can see the correlation of 5 minutes = 5 Points)
6300 Divided by 60 minutes in an hour, would take 10.5 hours to be able to reach enough IP for a new champion.
Even if the cases are simple and take only 2-3 minutes each.
1260 cases x 3 minutes each = 3780 minutes
3780 divided by 60 minutes in an hour = 6.3 hours to achieve even one champion.

If the initial IP reward was bumped up to even 10 IP, the people might feel rewarded. I understand that Riot doesn't want to lose any profit by just handing out champions for helping judge some behavior on the game. So you could limit the income of the tribunal contributors to 6300 a month.

You come out with a new champion every two weeks. You would stay ahead of client demand still. Just a thought from a random guy at 4 in the morning.[/CENTER]

Shuuyu

10-26-2012

I think there's some bugs in the Tribunal at the moment.

I keep seeing cases with incomplete chat logs:
ex. In one of the reports, the team reported someone who kept taunting and trash talking all game, but the chat logs showed nothing. Before anyone points out: 'well, just change the chat filter to [All]".
I did that. Same thing.

Not only that, but I've seen a lot of "Offensive Language" reports...but the offending party never says a word. This could also be the same issue as I mentioned above.
What sets this particular case apart from the others I've seen today is...
There's a legitimate reason for reporting this person. In the game outcome, it's listed as "Leave". This leads me to believe that they quit the game. That's reportable. Why report someone for offensive language if they left the game and never said a word?
Answers:
*A bug in the Tribunal is causing certain reports to be listed as "offensive language" instead of the actual offense.
*Or it's not a bug at all. Some people just misclicked the report.

I'm probably over thinking it...
Or maybe I'm not. Someone might wanna check up on that.

Exacerberus

10-26-2012

"Hey you kid!
Attachment 547828
Yes I'm talking to you! Do you enjoy the power of suspending and banning people even if you're a noob with no darn insight at all of how this game works? Perfect!, then join the Tribunal: "justice" administrated by police kids with overzealous moralism. Now with even more incentives to burn people on the stake!
"

Feel free to downvote me, np really.

Doubletapped

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnAmbiTurner View Post
I would really like some examples of borderline cases. When I am reviewing a case, I sometimes find it hard to tell if I should punish. For example, if someone has one outburst but was provoked by someone far worse. What if they swear once, but for emphasis as opposed to AT someone?

It would also be really nice to have a graph of the kills/deaths as the game progressed. That way I could tie the chat to actual in-game events at certain times.

Finally, I think it would be cool if during a game, players could call a report based on a certain time in the chat transcript. eg. report for intentional feeding @ 21:45, enemy team agrees that it happened in chat, case closed.
Holy **** this. Seriously. This is it. I don't know why I didn't think of this before. It's brilliant simple clean effective. I mean. you guys can make a spectate mode this should be easy. Mucho kudos to this summoner. Do this, it has such amazing transparency. make it a quick-click button and it will bring up a chat Dialog and they type a short confirmation or whatever under X amount of characters or and in-game drop down menu and the same basic 5 or 6 reasons you normally have but time stamped. all you have to remove is the unskilled one that could be used alter after the game no during because that would be a troll move.

Metra101

10-26-2012

im fine with less leniency, but you shouldnt be allowed to permaban an account that spent money on the game. any number of 1 day, 3 day, 1 week, 2 week, etc. are reasonable punishment, but a permaban is just stealing. they can make a new account and continue to be toxic to new players while riot simply profited.

Exacerberus

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metra101 View Post
im fine with less leniency, but you shouldnt be allowed to permaban an account that spent money on the game. any number of 1 day, 3 day, 1 week, 2 week, etc. are reasonable punishment, but a permaban is just stealing. they can make a new account and continue to be toxic to new players while riot simply profited.
Secondend. They could suspend people for even 3-5 months but permaban is indeed stealing. And they're doing it.
Without solving anything, since those guys are gonna make new accounts and get even more rude cause pi55ed off for having lost game content, time and money.

TrololololoNoob

10-26-2012

Whoa. I look at the first page of this... Then look at all of the pages of the ward skins post...

Riot is just sorta a hit and miss when it comes to pleasing everyone. lol

BroughtMyFgame

10-26-2012

Riot is there any way you can drive home to some Tribunal members that EVERY case displayed needs to be looked at? With being able to go back and see how we voted vs the verdict, I've noticed a few cases where it seems people didn't even pay attention a 3rd, 4th, or 5th case where someone displayed toxic behavior- one in particular where the person was given an 'overwhelming majority' pardon while berating and spamming his team for a large part of the 4th case listed.

Another solution to this could be to separate cases into 1/2 games per case, but allow people to do 30 or 35 a day (without the IP reward, this won't result in case grinding) so that more games have a chance of being seen.

Raptamei

10-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarian Bill View Post
Less Lenient?

How so?

Will we now have a swears per second counter?
Instead of getting banned for saying "idiot" you will get banned for saying "i", "d", "o" or "t".